Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

orion by nosmoker

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Reetjike, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Reetjike

Reetjike New Member

thanks to ravenscroft and curiosity i came across this orion mod by a german guy nosmoker (uk vapers forum).its an all in one like the katana.can use fibre wick or stainless genisis type wick.it runs on a 16340 and its stealthy.been fartin around since 5.00 the sarv trying to build a wick,lucky the wire i got was 75 foot long .comse i prolly wasted about 10 foot.its all stainless steel and really well made.cost for this was 90 euro which was about $118.comd .the pics show the first wick to work which measures 2.3 ohm but its got to much free space before reaching the coil so tastes burnt.theres a few videos on youtube to have a butchers at.any how off to make another wick. View attachment 1211 View attachment 1212 View attachment 1213 View attachment 1214

2. kaka3121

kaka3121 New Member

How goes the wicking floorzone2, are you doing the SS Mesh or silica setup with yours?

Stumbled upon this mod also while looking at all the rebuild-able options, looks pretty sleek from the outside plus the price seems pretty conservative. Heard that the Katana is supposed to be in the Provari price bracket and everything else repairable seems so inaccessible for anyone who wants to actually make a purchase.. Did you purchase the Orion using Paypal or another method?

Seen that he also has a blog up at: http://orionressources.blogspot.com/

Seems as though the first stock of the v1.x model is all gone and v2 is meant to be entering production soon..

Looks like my type of thing, sick of having to get expendables for my lung-guard.. :rolleyes:

3. authomb

authomb New Member

hey kpt i know what raven is talking about when he says the line taste is awsome,its so much diferent when you get it wright.im using stainless mesh wick oxidised the zen way heated and quenched in pg.i have version 1. with mechinical switch.all the new ones have a switch developed by pailpo.price is higher for these.find les at ukvapers forum under best mod for sale.it is really little,not as comfortable with the manual switch imo.also battery life is poor they only use 16340s.would be much better with an 18650 imo.

4. Chloe H

Chloe H New Member

Nice looking little mod, interested to see how you go a couple weeks in with it

5. Mierdaactiva

Mierdaactiva New Member

yer mick its not a mod i can take to work the tank holds about 1.5 ml or so and the battery life would give me the shits.but its good to get started on the wick making learning curve.i think the line and jib will be the go,just depends on the tokes per hour from the line.

6. amoubmack

amoubmack New Member

Currently running my Squiggle (FRTA) on my JiB Midi. Was using the PV but it was just too heavy (for my limp PV owner wrist). Perfect combination right now. Might spring for a Katana when available.

7. bandito47

bandito47 New Member

Hey Floor,
    Looks good. I am waiting for awhile before more purchases.

I love the Line atties so will just use them for awhile.

I might go for the silver dog by Van when it comes up.

RC

8. cheesed

cheesed New Member

Arr.. Can't wait to try my squiggle when she comes. Five cartomizers left in the cupboard, hopefully I'll just be getting mesh and kanthal from here on plus a Jib wouldn't hurt =)

Hmmm.. yeah kinda defeats the purpose of having an all in one when u gotta be packin extra batteries I guess.

If poc started taking orders for Kitanas I don't think I'd be able to resist =p...O

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk