Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Nut to fit 510 threading

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Shim, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Shim

Shim New Member

Does anyone know where to get a nut that will fit a 510 thread? Bunnings is hopeless for anything out of the ordinary.

I certainly don't have the necessary taps & dies to somehow make my own. lol perhaps someday but for the moment I'm fairly limited in resources. I'd give my eye teeth to have access to a fully kitted out machine shop, though!

(Seriously, who wants some eye teeth?)

;-)

2. Jonathan P

Jonathan P New Member

3. TheBlackeyedOne

TheBlackeyedOne New Member

Why don't you try cutting down a 510 to ego adapter???

4. Chepfeda

Chepfeda New Member

7mm x 0.5
    a dedicated nut n bolt shop will have a variety.

5. King_Tut

King_Tut New Member

I don't think I'd be able to cut one of my ego/510 adapters smoothly enough but I might give it a try. I didn't know there were dedicated nut & bolt shops! Not sure whether Darwin would have one at any rate. It would go a long way towards making my juice feeder work better in the tight space. The battery connectors are the big challenge, the space inside the enclosure I have is very tight.

I did get a couple of the battery clips from madvapes they do fit an 18650 but attaching to the body is the trick of it I guess, can't really screw them in and I'm trying to avoid glue/epoxy though I also think it wouldn't hurt in this instance especially since it's nothing to do with the e-juice or even near it really.

6. Timothy K

Timothy K New Member

some 510 shorty adapters have a very small nut, i think clouds of vapor had one. Expensive way to get one though