Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Noe's List (newbie shopping guide) Revised 2016 edition

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by MetalVixen666, Sep 23, 2015.

1. MetalVixen666

MetalVixen666 New Member

First let me say a big welcome to all the new vapers! Some of you may have heard of "Noe's List" & wondered well where is "Noe's List, what is it, why does it exist?"

Noe's list is an easy to use guide to getting started with vaping, with links provided to everything you need for a basic build-your-own starter kit, at very reasonable prices, it exists to make it easy for smokers to see what they need to transition to vaping & get them started all in 1 single order.

The list has been revised for 2016, so that all products are current, if you want to see & compare to the original Noe's List the link is here: http://forums.canukvapers.com/new-vapers-forum/17044-noes-list.html
    There has also been a change of vendor from Health Cabin to Heaven Gifts, the reason for this change is that Heaven Gifts has a better stock updates & the products listed are less likely to be discontinued, which was a problem with some of the listings at Health Cabin.

IMO what you want for your initial order is a 1-stop-shop, where you can get everything you need in 1 order. Regardless of what you decide to order, this makes things very simple & means everything arrives at the same time, so you can get into it immediately you open it(well almost, make sure the batts are charged first). For the same reason I recommend HeavenGifts.com for first orders, they have a large range of products, they ship reliably(choose CN E-Packet shipping & you will usually have your goods in a week, 2 at most), their customer service is very good & their prices are good too. Plus they have everything you need, including nic juice to get you started.

Essentials: Kit
    Kits consist of 3 basic parts, Batteries, Charger & something for putting the juice into, usually called atomisers (atties) or clearomisers(clearos). I think the best solution for a new vaper is an entry level device, which will serve as a back up should you have problems with your mod later on, like these:

Batteries:

You will need 2 of these, I have selected 3 slightly different models with different features for you to choose from, they are all 1100mah so should last a full day of vaping before needing a recharge(I also ordered 1 of each to check the quality & functionality of these batteries & they all passed my examination).

This first model, the cheapest, has a LED color function on the switch that lets you know approx how much charge remains in the battery: VapeOnly vCat Battery - 1100mAh
    or
    This model, which can also serve as a passthrough(means you can recharge it & vape while charging) & has a LED flashlight function, which could come in handy in some situations. It also comes with its own charging cable(micro USB to USB), unlike the other 2 choices: VapeOnly eGo USB Flashlight Battery 1100mAh, eGo Battery
    or
    This model which is slightly more advanced than the other 2 & has variable voltage with clear to read increments, that you select by turning a dial on the base: SMOK eGo Winder Variable Voltage Battery 1100mAh, VV Twist eGo Batteries

Chargers for the above batteries (not needed for the passthrough style batt):

I recommend ordering 2 in case one is damaged or breaks. The first link is the better option & the ones I would get if available, if they are unavailable, then I have added another link for the same type of charger, which is a bit slower at charging but both will do exactly the same job & cost the same:
    VapeOnly USB Charger for e-Cigarette, w/ Cord
    or
    EVOD USB charger with cord for Kangertech EVOD kit

Many people will already have one of these for use with other devices & they will usually work fine, if you don't have one then I recommend getting 1, as it is safer to charge from the wall than from a PC USB socket:
    AC-USB adapter (be sure to select canadan socket type)

Two clearomisers minimum (I would get no more than 4):
    These are a proven & reliable design, which will work well with any of the battery options above:
    eGo EVOD Clearomizer, KangerTech EVOD Glass Dual Coil Pyrex Clearomizer 1.5ml

Also a 5 pack of replacement coils will keep your Evods in good working order, when the coil in them dies:
    Please only select the 1.5 ohm or 1.2ohm (if you want a slightly warmer vape) replacement coils, which will ensure your batteries are not being over worked.
    Upgraded Replacement Dual Coil Unit for KangerTech Cartomizers 5pc

Two of these kits will have, 2 chargers( a spare in case one fails) at least 2 clearomisers, at least 2 batteries & a pack of spare coils, all you really need to start vaping minus the juice. So if you bought the bare minimum cheapest products, it would cost around $35US or under $50.com

If you find you enjoy vaping, you will likely want to upgrade to better devices, as a first mod, I highly recommend the Joytech Evic VTC Mini (mod only, the tanks in the kits are not great), you will also need some good quality batteries I recommend Samsung 25R 18650 batts for this & a good quality charger. The intention of this guide is to keep prices down as much as possible for absolute beginners who may not know if vaping is for them or not, so I will not go into more detail about that mod or mods in general.

Juice
    Next you will want some juice my minimum recommendation is 12 bottles x 10ml at 18mg/ml strength, pre-mixed juices in various flavors, this should be enough to last 3-4 weeks & give you a week to try vaping before needing to reorder more juice (shipping from overseas takes time 2 weeks is common but it can be delayed).
    I recommend a vanilla, apple, RY4 & red cola be included in your choices, perhaps also a mint or menthol flavor.

It is also advisable to get 3 x 10ml in 24mg/ml strength (select these in the same flavors as some of the 18mg/ml) & 3x 10ml in 0mg/ml strength (same flavors(s) as the 24mg/ml) the reason for this is so that you can combine strengths to tailor the juice to a strength you are more comfortable with, if needed. Duplicating the flavor selections in different strengths will keep the flavor the same & only adjust the nicotine strength.

http://www.heavengifts.com/(New-Package)-10ml-Hangsen-PG-e-juice-e-liquid-with-53-flavors.html

or
    10ml Dekang E-Juice E-Liquid PG Based with 59 flavors, DK E-Liquid

Optional devices:
    If you want to stop there, you can & will be able to start vaping with just what is above. The included clearos in the kits above are bottom coil design & have replaceable coil heads, having replaceable heads extends their life & saves you money in the med-long term. If you want to try different clearomisers/tanks etc then there are some other good ones to try, which I will not list here for the sake of simplicity.

Items for mixing
    Some plain PG & some plain VG will come in handy if you need to dilute your juice later on & it is cheap to grab 3 or 4 bottles of each at the same time:
    PG / VG Base E-Liquid, E-Juice E-Cigarette | Heaven Gifts
    Some empty mixing bottles will also come in handy, perhaps 4x 30ml & 4x 10ml to start with:
    30ml soft LDPE semi-transparent needle tip empty bottle with Childproof cap
    &
    10ml soft LDPE dropper bottle with Childproof cap

A syringe is also a good idea to grab for measuring liquids & refilling some kinds of clearos etc, I would grab 1 or 2 of each size:
    E-juice Injector with Safe Blunt 18G Needle, 3ml
    &
    5ml e-juice injector with safe blunt 18G needle

Devices not recommended
    I DO NOT recommend v2cigs(etc), overpriced, cigalikes for anyone!

Cost & shipping:
    CN E-Packet shipping is usually fairly fast, you should get your package in around 2 weeks, sometimes faster. Including shipping the above will cost around $110 -$12.com for the basics, if you choose to add extras it will cost a bit more.

To keep it a bit more simple & so that newbies can check to see they have all that they really need to get started, here is the TL: DR version of the above.
    First create a free account with Heaven Gifts, then use the links in this thread to add the items into your cart & when finished adding items check that you have at least what is listed below:

• E-juice 12x 10ml @ 18mg/ml
    • Clearomiser tank x2
    • Battery x2
    • Charger x2 (not needed with the passthrough type batts)
    • Replacement coils 1x 5pack
    • Also recommended but not absolutely needed 3 or 4 x 30ml bottles of PG & the same of VG