Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Nicrome wire supply

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by zoro62, Sep 15, 2015.

1. zoro62

zoro62 New Member

Hi folks
    Has anybody used these people? Tried emailing them last night re shipping to canada, but as yet no reply. Prices don't seem so bad, but depends on postage.
    http://jacobs-online.biz/nichrome_wire.htm

2. Kallan- MIA

Kallan- MIA New Member

Had a reply from the company regards shipping costs to.coms. Lesser amounts of the product, but cant see the shipping cost being any less?

Cost for one 250' spool of 34 AWG bare nichrome 60 wire is $13.00 plus $3.00 shipping by 1st class USPS to canada. Prices for other sizes and quantities are posted on the website, http://www.jacobs-online.biz/nichrome_wire.htm. S&H for additional weight after the first two ounces will increase about $1.00 per ounce. Other shipping options are listed on the shipping page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary Jacobs

Jacobs Online

Jacobs-online.biz

3. Biammahumbame

Biammahumbame New Member

does this mean that if you wind up a .4 ohms wire on the iatty you would be using a super low resistance attomizer? can a battery can any variation in ohms like that? wow! super low resistance fire up!

4. clousia

clousia New Member

It doesn't make any sense to go lower than 1.5 ohms unless you have batteries with very low internal resistance or you end up wasting a large portion of the energy in the battery and anything else connected between it and the atty. You'd also need a thicker nichrome than 34AWG or several strands of it in parallel. Assuming you could get just 3 volts into a 0.4 ohm attie, that would be 22+ watts which is a crazy amount.

5. MvKWMgYoIS

MvKWMgYoIS New Member

Hi Guys

The reason I mentioned 34 swg nicrome wire is that I managed to scavenge a piece from a buddy. The resistance of the six inches I have was measured at approximately 8.6 ohms. My cheapo meter is hard to zero without opening it up. Just for grins I decided to build my first coil and aimed for 3 ohms, which seems to be my preference for carts. (at the moment!) Things didn’t happen as planned and I cut the wire short, but never mind? Anyway pictures speak for them selves. The terminations on the coil are IC pins just crimped. The intention is to solder them, when I get some lead free stuff. After being soldered I expect the resistance to drop around 1/2 ohm to around two and a half.

6. tizprige

tizprige New Member

You won't do better than the crimp as you'll need silver solder, a decent flux and much higher temperature to solder to the nichrome. Atties or cartos I've disected either use a crimp or what looks like solder but it's just covering the join to the copper wire and not actually bonded to the nichrome. On a kanger I was given that failed after a few seconds I found that the coil ends are just pushed between the insulator and inner and outer metal, talk about cheap.

I found some 2mm long by 1mm OD silver tubes on ebay that I use for crimps. They were ~$5 per 1000

7. fatihzm

fatihzm New Member

JohnyInBris, thanks for that. That was my next trial, looking for a sensible flux to do the job! I don’t suppose Nicrome is a mile away from stainless in that respect. Pretty much the same stuff I guess. I am not sure about the integrity of the crimp. Only way to check is to stress test it for a while. To be honest what I am trying is not done in anger. Just playing around, and experimenting.