Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Newbie question, Is it my device or my juice?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by tjv189, Jan 22, 2016.

1. tjv189

tjv189 New Member

Hi all, I'm going to start by saying Thank You! I've been lurking around this amazing forum since my introductory post a few weeks ago and have had so many of my questions answered already. It's a fantastic resource for a new vaper.

I am vaping with an Ego t upgrade battery and innokin iclear 16s (1.8 ohms) and am having issues with some of the higher VG juices I have purchased. I understand that high VG = compromised flavour, but there's almost no flavour at all, plus a slightly burnt taste aswell. I am planning on improving my gear in the near future, but haven't made any firm decisions yet. Is it possible that with a variable voltage battery I might be able to tweak for better flavour production when I vape these high VG juices?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers, Rach

2. Tracer

Tracer New Member

Have you tried putting in a fresh coil? It could also be that you have the voltage up too high for the coil, burning the juice.

Or for some reason, maybe the high VG, it is not wicking properly. Try covering the airhole and gently sucking on the device without pressing the button, you should see a couple of air bubbles in the tank, then try vaping as usual.

I've never used the iClear's so I could be giving the wrong advice!

Good luck. :)

3. iluhjesse

iluhjesse New Member

Your higher Vg juice is thicker and harder to wick your atomiser. If you can drop your voltage/wattage you may find that sweet spot without a burnt taste. Of course as Jen mentioned you might try changing your coil, often, once you burn your liquid it styas burnt. I would def. go for a variable voltage/wattage device... I only started 3 mths ago but am already on a provari and waiting on my provari 3.

4. aleza

aleza New Member

Thank you both for your replies. I did try a new coil, even though the previous one was still quite new, but same result. I think I'll put those juices away till I upgrade my gear. I suppose it's all about trial and error in the beginning, isn't it? Luckily I ordered some juices that are working really well for me...Deadly Sin from Good Life Vapor and GwaRY4 from Mt Baker Vapor. Both are really flavoursome and satisfying.

5. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Device:
    sr-elit
    Juice:
    tobacco
    It be a dirty coil problem.The best way to clean the coil part is to use a needle. That part is very small so you will need a tool that is small. You can use a needle and get between the cracks fast and efficiently. The problem is an easy fix.

6. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I've had the same issue and it's the coils most of the time. Change or clean the coils and that should fix the issue. Otherwise, it could be an issue with the juice.