Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Newbie Doubler help

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by lover4444, Jan 19, 2016.

1. lover4444

lover4444 New Member

So I just ordered some 100mg/ml nic (100% PG base), PG, VG and doublers (50PG/50VG).

I have been playing around with the maths but still wasn't sure about a few things.

If for example my target result was to get a 20PG/80VG, 6mg nic level in a 10ml bottle, I would need to do the following:
    0.6ml of nic
    5ml of doubler
    4.4ml of VG and PG

what I am trying to understand is, how much of each PG and VG do I need to put in and if my doubler is already 50/50 could I still achieve my target result?

Thanks heaps!

2. golly_gina

golly_gina New Member

In your 10 mL, the stuff that you can't change is your nicotine and your doubler.

nicotine: .6mL of PG
    doubler: 2.5 mL of PG, 2.5mL of VG

You have already a PG content of 3.1 mL, or 31%
    You have 2.5mL of VG in the doubler, so you have now accounted for 5.6mL of the 10mL
    To make up 10mL, you can add 4.4mL of VG, which will now give you a final ratio of 31:69 PG:VG, or 69% VG, which is 11% less than your target 80% of VG.

Does that make sense?

3. LokThego

LokThego New Member

Hi mate i am only new here myself but i got onto that e juice me up calculator thingy and have played about with it just to see what i need for different recipes ,i think you could save yourself a lot of headaches if you down loaded it it is a brilliant just my opinion but i think it will help you immensly

4. learning_to_live_616

learning_to_live_616 New Member

Beaten to the punch by MrsGruffy while getting some pics together but will put them here anyway.

A good thing to use is a calculator such as Dot1mL (E-liquid calculator | dot1ml), it will make the calculations easier for you, and will even.comto adjust to get the actual end results for you:

Original Calculations; this shows that it's not possible to hit 20/80 and gives you the option to.comto adjust
    [​IMG]

Adjust Calculations; here we can see what you will really end up with
    [​IMG]

5. hekengobss

hekengobss New Member

Yes, that did help alot. Thanks!

6. Yes I was using the same calculator before, but had no idea about the.comto adjust. As it was showing me all negative on the PG i was a bit confused.

Thanks guys! been great help!