Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

New to vaping, no idea how to start....

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Oscinny, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Oscinny

Oscinny New Member

Hi, Complete newbie to forum and vaping here. Hope you are all well.

I was hoping I could get advice on how and where to start. For me it is important that I get this right due to a medical condition I have.

I'm 46 and have been smoking since I was 18, currently about 25 superkings (longer) per day. I am so over paying the cost of them and sicjk of the negative impacts of smoking.
    About 12 years ago I quit for 12 months. Within 3 months I started getting a problem with my bowells. It was eventually diagnosed as ulcerative colitis. I had lots of trouble controlling it, changed diet, meds, you name it. I researched the disease extensively and came across an article indicating that nicotine helps to overcome the symptoms of UC. I started smoking again and have been able to control the UC fairly well now.

E cigs I find very attractive, but have no idea where to start. reading anothers starting thread seems the And the Joytech Ego One XL ($55) could be good. What extras would need to be ordered to start with? Atomizers clearomizers etc etc.

I started to look at dekang juice from eliquid china but got concerned about quality of product. Then Vape wild ($10 off for new customers). Heard someone mention NZ supply. Will look towards 18mg juice.

I would like to be able to have an all day charge and for the container to be big enough to hold close to a days liquid. But I don't want a massive e cig either.

Also heard the tobacco flavours are not so good, maybe a good starting point, caramel, butterscotch and coffee flavours sound nice. How much do I order? Was thinking about 200ml for a 3 month supply?

Please help. I need to get this right from the start. UC won't kill me if it flairs up, but it's not very nice.

Thanks for reading :)

2. Invalia

Invalia New Member

Hi Cam, welcome to the forum. I understand where you are coming from with the UC as my sister has the same condition and also found smoking helped control it to a degree.
    I would recommend an eleaf istick which is a little box mod as they have good battery life , have variable voltage/wattage and are rechargeable by usb. They are available in 20w,30, and 50w. I have a few 20w and am very happy with them.
    For an clearomiser the mini .comtilus or bigger .comtilus(5ml) are a good choice. You would need some replaceable coils .
    Flavour is very subjective .
    Someone more experienced will be able to help a bit more with working out your nic needs.
    Good luck with your vaping journey

3. RoslynQMN

RoslynQMN New Member

Welcome to AVF i 100% agree with converts post.

i wonder if there is a B&M store nearby you could go and have a look the devices and some of the juices

4. balexeyyndexty8567

balexeyyndexty8567 New Member

Welcome Cam! I recently bought an Aspire .comtilus, and can vouch for how awesome it is. Great flavour, and easy to rebuild and get coils or spare parts for. With the flavours, even the same flavours from different companies can differ in quality. I would recommend getting some samplers of flavours that appeal to you and then if you like them, buy more in bulk. Good luck and hope it helps with the UC :)

Edit - there is a store in South Melbourne (vapourtron) and another on Nepean highway that you could visit. I can't remember the name of the one on Nepean sorry. Hopefully another Melburnian can help!

5. ------ -

Welcome aboard!

What convert said.

There have been several discussions on UC in the last few months - try a search. From memory, it was nic that kept the symptoms at bay, so you're on a double here

IMHO, start your nic at 18, but be prepared to go up or down.

some lessons learned:
    get a lot of different flavours. what you like in real life is a good place to start. some fruits, desserts, some tobacco, a menthol or two, coffee, aniseed?
    You will probably want to chase the tobacco taste - it's a hard one - very difficult to do that ashtray taste... there are some good ones out there, but you're vaping now....

There is a great sticky thread on nic and juice requirements for starters. You are going to need to decide how you want it. Can you DIY? Can you mix a 'doubler'? Want to buy premixed ready to go juice?

estimate 5ml a day.

get backup battery, and atty

any more questions, ask away

6. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

B&M store, not familiar with them.

As for liquid I assume purchasing from overseas is the only option for the nicotine.

7. pajiba

pajiba New Member

Most people seem to cough when they first start vaping. Dunno why.

8. hatched

hatched New Member

It's frustrating waiting for an order from the States. It's now in the Chicago depot and got a long way to go. 6 days and counting........

Picked up a small bottle of apple today 0mg of course. The lady in the shop told me they sold juice with nic until a little while ago when they realized it was illegal. She also mentioned about another shop nearby that apparently was selling nic juice but got busted. Thought about checking out markets, but really unsure as to what I might get and price would be exorbitant. Hate waiting for mail... Picked up 3 packs of smokes instead. At least I have cut down on them a bit. trying to replace every second smoke with a luscious strawberry vape.

9. mesumdude

mesumdude New Member

you should feel lucky only shop that sells ecig products in my town is Freedom choice tobacco.
    They sell these 10ml bottles for $15 with the instruction to shake before use be.comse the flavor separates from the pg/vg mix.
    yes they are 0 nic

10. evelpVag

evelpVag New Member

Crikey. 10ml for $15. I paid $5 for my 10ml. It's a pretty dodgy shop, but the juice is branded that they get.

11. DaEng1981

DaEng1981 New Member

nope its china juice, its not even hangsen or dekang bargin bin stuff

12. obsennaAlanda

obsennaAlanda New Member

Left Chicago, although hasn't arrived anywhere else, I assume it boarded a plane. Waiting to see it update and say Melbourne. Knowing my luck it will probably land in Perth and then take over a week to get here.

13. Nancy T

Nancy T New Member

I ordered some creme de menthe from Vape Wild in my initial order and really like it, though haven't tried it in the Atlantis yet, it's in the Silo Lite. Tonight I made an order for my parents and added more cdm for me, gone for a lower nic mg.

I was wanting to buy a couple more Atlantis tanks, but now waiting to see if the new Beyond Vape sub comes out soon. Supposed to be really good.

14. Reporter

Reporter New Member

One thing I have been wondering. I know vaping isn't smoking and therefore not illegal to vape anywhere. But so far I haven't anywhere inside. Do members vape anywhere or limit to outside?

15. stenlipk

stenlipk New Member

Does the Atlantis have the same way of attaching the base to the tank as the .comtilus?

16. cs_player

cs_player New Member

I don't have a .comtilis to compare. Maybe someone else can help?

17. squidgybo

squidgybo New Member

Yes 10char

18. msmonroe2003

msmonroe2003 New Member

I only vape where i would be allowed to smoke which is outside , when i am away from home. After smoking outside at home for 27 years , hubby is now happy for me to vape inside our home and in the car as the vapour and smell doesnt worry him as a non-smoker.

19. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    With 200W оf pоwеr, thеrе's а lоt yоu саn dо rеаlly. Hоwеvеr, I tеnd tо nоtiсе thаt thе fоlks whо pаrtiсipаtе in сlоud сhаsing соmpеtitiоns gеnеrаlly соntinuе tо usе mесhаniсаl mоds. А mесh mоd is just bаsiсаlly а tubе (оr а bоx shаpе) thаt hоlds bаttеriеs аnd wоrks оn а rеlаtivеly simplе сirсuit. Pеrhаps thаt's whеrе yоu соuld lооk intо сlоud сhаsing, thоugh, I'd still stiсk tо my rеgulаtеd mоds just fоr thе еxtrа аssurаnсе.

Оthеrwisе, in thе rеаlm оf mесh mоds, I rесоmmеnd thе Limitlеss Mоd by Limitlеss Mоd Со оr thе Tugbоаt v2 mесh mоd by Flаwlеss. Оf соursе, thеrе аrе mаny оthеrs, but if i'm gоnnа bе buying оnе, it's prоbаbly оnе оf thоsе.

20. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Device:
    sr-elit
    Juice:
    tobacco
    If you want to start vaping, the first thing you should do is buy a e-cig and a e-cig charger. Once your buy the main pieces, you should buy some flavors that you like. Some people buy sweet flavors and other people buy boring flavors. You will be fine and learn everything soon. Relax and enjoy yourself.