Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

New to Mixing - Few Questions!

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by olgauswifay6251, Jan 17, 2016.

1. olgauswifay6251

olgauswifay6251 New Member

Hi guys,

Long time reader, but only just signed up (lazy) been vaping now for around 6 months but with no nicotine, as a long time smoker this always ends up with me reverting back to the ol' durrys every so often so I have been trying to look into mixing my own with some nic from overseas. Typically vape 70/30%

Maths isn't my strong point so hoping someone can help me make sense of it. From what I can understand, it is recommended to buy the nicotine PG based. So I was looking at getting 100mg/10% nicotine - I just can't wrap my head around how to mix it with the juice.

Usually shop at vape king, to mix with nicotine do I buy doublers or triplers? End result I would be hoping to stay around the same 70/30% ratio, would 18mg/ml nicotine be a good end result? Was smoking nearly a pack a day of ciggies..

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

2. Joe L

Joe L New Member

If you buy from vapor king they have a mixing site here
    E-liquid Mixing

18mg to 12mg should be ok

3. rbabz

rbabz New Member

The only thing I don't understand with their calculator though is there no input for me to say what PG/VG% I have with the doubler? So I don't quite get how to make sure my final result is a 70/30 ratio?

4. rbucko

rbucko New Member

Ok the first part you put Nic eg.100 ,if you have 100mg nic

second part you put target nic eg. 18mg or 15,14,13mg or what ever

third part how big you are mixing eg. 30ml bottle or 15ml bottle

when you press enter the pg/vg , just add 70% of PG and 30% of VG eg. it might say add 12.5 ml of PG/VG so add 8ml pg and 4.5ml VG there your 12.5ml pg/vg

I think there doubler are 50/50

5. thulgetle

thulgetle New Member

I believe its worth getting your head around the numbers on paper, means you don't rely on a calculator, or you can double check against a calculator, but if maths isn't your strong suit this can be confusing and difficult.

I have used ejuice Me Up calculator in the past, lets you put in target PG/VG ratios etc. eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

6. Taylor

Taylor New Member

That only gets the mix right as far as flavour and nic content goes, doesn't allow for calculating PG/VG ratios.

The absolutely easiest way (long term) is to buy a doubler in 100% PG. Also get your nic in PG.

Next mix a batch of base as follows:

Add 36ml of PG 100mg/ml nic
    Add 4ml of PG
    Add 60ml of VG

This will give you 36mg/ml of 40PG60VG base. Keep out of reach of children between mixing your different batches.

Mix this equal parts with your PG doubler, and you get 70PG30VG @ 18mg/ml (so mixing 30ml of doubler and 30ml of this base will give you 60ml of vapeable liquid).

7. daisymayNY

daisymayNY New Member

Yep, I tend to mainly use doublers now, so make up bases to mix straight with doublers. Is simple and alleviates having to handle the 100mg/ml strength every time I mix up.

8. maggie.

maggie. New Member

Awsome! Thanks guys - that's helped alot, much appreciated.

What do you guys store bulk bases etc in? Best site to get it all from?

Planning on doing a "DIY order" tonight so getting a list etc all sorted. What else is needed in terms of mixing? A few different syringes, bottles, beaker?

Cheers,
    Nick

9. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

To give you more options ...

Using a doubler that is 80PG20VG:
    Add 24ml of PG
    Add 40ml of VG
    This will give you 36mg/ml of 60PG40VG base

Using a doubler that is 70PG30VG:
    Add 34ml of PG
    Add 30ml of VG
    This will give you 36mg/ml of 70PG30VG base

Using a doubler that is 60PG40VG:
    Add 44ml of PG
    Add 20ml of VG
    This will give you 36mg/ml of 80PG20VG base

10. fuckyoursitebitch

fuckyoursitebitch New Member

Well I thought is was the most basic one to use but next time I wait for the pros answer first :)

11. Phydayjed

Phydayjed New Member

Haha I appreciate it none the less! Got me sorted for sure. Had a bit of a search around is there a "starter" kit as such for mixing? Eg what syringes, bottles etc I need? Like if I was to make a up a big batch of base do you guys use bigger bottles or just lots of the 15-30ml ones?

12. answer man

answer man New Member

I store mine in the fridge. VapeKing have good PG and VG base, and a range of syringes as well. Almost all recommended vendors do though, so buy your supplies from where you are buying your flavours from.

I buy my syringes from a chemist, quite cheap and very handy if you run out and need them quick.

13. Jaisioliply

Jaisioliply New Member

I'll whip up a list shortly and post it on here and see what you guys think!

14. ghostdog

ghostdog New Member

I use the bottles the PG or VG come in (but, you must empty them first :)) I have used a coke bottle before too :D Don't muck around with the small ones for your base ... you want to mix it all together and be able to put a top on and give it a shake.

15. xocassandranicolexo

xocassandranicolexo New Member

Is that a 2ltr bottle of coke :love-struck:

16. minsWairm

minsWairm New Member

Probably a stupid question (been a long day) - but when making the base do you draw all in the ingredients into syringe and put them straight into (eg coke bottle) or do you guys use a beaker type thing to mix it into and then pour that into said bottle? Or doesn't really matter?

17. ***Sugar Lady***

***Sugar Lady*** New Member

Doesn't matter. Just don't mix around kiddies, and keep it out of their reach. Safety first ;)

18. Just*Me

Just*Me New Member

It could be ... how much are you mixing :D I just used a clean 330ml (or whatever it is) until I had several smaller bottles. Of course, buying glass bottles is an option.

19. lizhedage

lizhedage New Member

Okay guys this is what I have rounded up into a list, please give me feedback and lemme know if its good/bad..

- Pack of pipettes
    - 250ml of 100mg nic
    - Some 10ml syringes
    - Some 1ml syringes
    - Pack of 18 .comge blunt tip needles
    - 3ml syringes
    - 5ml syringes
    - Some 30ml dropper bottles
    - PG
    - VG
    - Doublers

Also I have the vapeking premium starter kit and need new coils, wondering what resistance is better.
    http://www.vapeking.com.com/vk-premium-starter-kit/ (kit I have)
    http://www.vapeking.com.com/genuine-aspire-bottom-vertical-coil-bvc-replacement-coil/
    http://www.vapeking.com.com/aspire-bdc-replacement-coil/

Wondering if you can confirm if I need a BDC or BVC coil to suit?

20. Piewawaidgeds

Piewawaidgeds New Member

Get an extra eGo charger Joye EGO USB Charger as well.

The BVC coils work better than the BDC, and I would get them in 1.8 ohm resistance.

The list you have looks okay, some of what you have listed won't be used immediately though if you will be making a large batch of base (like the pipettes and 1ml/3ml/5ml syringes). But they won't go astray either. Pop down the chemist and buy some 20ml syringes as well.

If you get your doubler in 70PG30VG it gives you more flexibility if you want to vary the PG/VG ratio by a large amount.