Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.
  1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Ok going to ask what to most of you may be some silly questions but here goes.
    To date I've just been buying premixed stuff from the US and yaeliq and I've had it with the hits and misses, so I wanted to start to mix my own. I have a reasonably good grasp of how to go about it and all that my issue is I generally vape at max VG, pg seems to mess with my head but I can handle it in the flavouring and nic base which is how they usually do your pre mixes anyway.
    So my long winded question is I was going to get 100 mg/ml in pg be.comse it keeps better than VG and just mix up small batches as required, considering I want to limit my pg as much as possible what would the supposed max VG mixes that I've been using be using when they mix their mixes. I do know I've asked an open ended question and I would order my nic in a VG base in a perfect world but I want to prepare for the Armageddon of vaping shoukd that happen at some point.
    I hope I haven't asked too much of a dumb series of questions I have been vaping for a little while just not ventured into these realms, thanks in advance.

2. SoSeiru

SoSeiru New Member

Get yourself a good calculator and then you will have the answer depending on what percentage of concentrates you will be using. I use juice me up, you will find it online. Also remember that (as far as I know) concentrates are pg based. Off the top of my head, if you were going for 12mg on a 30ml bottle using 20% concentrates you'd end up with appx 70% vg.

Haven't got a calculator in front of me at the moment, pretty sure I'm in the ballpark, and maybe someone else can give a more exact example.
    Cheers
    Sodd

3. Phombub

Phombub New Member

You're right on the money Sodd. Depending on the nic level and the percentage of flavour used, the VG content would be in the 65-75% range.

4. tozifan

tozifan New Member

Thanks guys I'm glad you understood my question in the first instance, I probably won't go down the concentrate road right away probably just use doublers at first but the % of pg will still be the same I assume the only difference will be is if the bigger companies use a higher concentration of nic. So it will be safe to assume I can handle 20-30% pg without too much drama I guess.

5. smiles_128

smiles_128 New Member

If you want the most amount of VG possible then buy VG Nic and go for the JF Super Concentrates which only require about 3% flavouring.

VG Nic is fine if you store it in the freezer and buy it from a reputable source. I am still using some that is over 2 years old and is as good as the day I got it.

The issue with VG nic is that if it isn't stored correctly from the time it is made until the time it gets to you then it can be a bit dicey. Also not all VG's are created equal.

6. singinggram

singinggram New Member

also with VG based liq, make sure your utensils (syringes, needles, funnels etc) are really ultra clean or risk infection/contamination of the VG - its the same as home brewing - three rules: sterilise, sterilise, sterilise.

boiling water is good. a good soak with diluted Milton and a rinse is ok.

7. coolguy1526

coolguy1526 New Member

I have glass amber bottles ready to store already and I've got a bar fridge with freezer compartment so that's where I'm planning to keep it. If you reckon I could keep it for a couple of years I may well be better getting VG nic, I may actually get a bottle of VG nic and pg nic 100mg/ml small ones and mix up some different batches and see how I go, what are the reputable places juice ray I've heard a bit about?

8. GoodMichael

GoodMichael New Member

Thanks I didn't know that was an issue with VG I actually use a baby bottle steriliser ATM anyway to do my stuff in I clean up all my vape gear in it, but I'll make sure to be extra careful

9. Natalia

Natalia New Member

The last lot of VG Nic I got was from Wizard Labs in the US but they don't ship directly here. The other company I use and would recommend is Vapingzone.

I haven't tried Juiceray, maybe check out their thread on here and see what people have to say.

The roll of the dice with VG Nic is all about what happens to it before it gets to you, and for that reason I buy PG nic as I feel there's less chance of it arriving bad, however if you do get good fresh VG Nic then it will last you years in the freezer.

10. Becky D

Becky D New Member

I always go vapingzone, for what its worth I've always had quality nic from them.

11. naskatomas

naskatomas New Member

its kinda second nature to a homebrewer - VG is basically sugar. running around in the air are billions of yeast spores just waiting to find some tasty sugars to grow on and mold up. just be clean and you'll be ok. avoid cross-contamination of liquids, always use clean gear and keep it in something tupperwearish. you'll be fine.

12. Evie B

Evie B New Member

I always use fresh syringes when mixing mother in law works at a hospital so no need to re use them and bottles go through the baby bottle steriliser although I have re filled them before if it's the same flavour although I will wash them out now. I do use cotton in my builds also after a couple of tank fills they usually look pretty shot maybe I need to replace them more frequently perhaps in light of my new found knowledge

13. PastorTom

PastorTom New Member

I have no idea on cotton change frequency - I guess its a personal taste and depends on your build.

I change it when it starts to look 'clogged-up'. to me its similar to SS mesh, takes a while to get 'tasty'

14. Dr House.

Dr House. New Member

Hi Ben, I'm pretty sure that most vendors in canada would be happy to mix your doublers as close to 100% VG as possible. Even if that option isn't in the drop down menu, you could put in a note and ask them to do it for you. 100% PG 100mg/mL is the easiest to work with, and even at 18mg/mL, the PG part of your 30mL bottle after adding nicotine is going to be around 30%, depending on how much flavouring concentrate goes into it.

15. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Hey mrs g I've been in contact with steamers and they said they could mix it for me on the spot .comse I really wanted to try some of their juices particularly plime and I'm guessing "most" vendors would probably use super concentrates so that would also cut the pg also. It's not a huge deal just more than say the nic and concentrates in my juice with pg I get a bit fuzzy headed I wouldn't say I'm allergic or anything just can't tolerate big amounts.
    I'm probably going to run with 100mg/ml in pg as I vape at 10-12 mg and and work from there but thanks for the input I'm probably a little late on the DIY scene partly from laziness on my part and up until now not having the working area

16. Asanka

Asanka New Member

Ben,
    If I'm using the same ejuice then I can go 3-4 days before a rebuild on cotton, provided I haven't fried it. In other words give it plenty of time to wick properly the first time. Silica is a bit more forgiving but once you get used to the taste of cotton, it is superior. It just seems to smooth everything out although it is a whisker more high maintenance.

I'm even running a microcoil with cotton in my evod head be.comse it is that little bit better. Still have silica on the top layer though to stop any hot "spits" coming up the chamber.
    Cheers
    Sodd

17. egocska

egocska New Member

steamers are great Ben - friendly and helpful, if you get in to see them you'll find nothing is too much trouble (as with pretty much all the canuk vendors here).

I can vouch that they will mix on the spot too.

18. boyspanish

boyspanish New Member

Good to know as I'm running micro coils with cotton in pro tanks ect I'll try silica on the top be.comse I do get some hot spits I've noticed but yeah I've just noticed the cotton is black under the coil after a couple of tanks which is a day for me, no shitty taste though maybe I'll just go til the taste starts to get funky.
    And vengaman they have been very accommodating I've ordered online off steamers the BM store isn't too far from me I've just been too lazy to check it out but I will next week just have to make sure the mrs doesn't find out or she will confiscate my wallet :wink:

19. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I've decided I want to go down the route of fully making my own juice ie not using doublers so just wondered where everyone gets their concentrates from and even better super concentrates. Preferably in Oz but if it's ridiculously cheaper OS is fine, been playing around with a few ejuice calculators and it isn't as .comnting as I thought even just working out the % by calculator wasn't to bad had to recall some high school techniques :wink:

Edit I've already checked out juice factory wondering if there were others similar

20. Bungalow Bill

Bungalow Bill New Member

Juice Factory is the go mate, it is cheaper than buying it from overseas as well.