Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

New Here =)

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by ghostdog, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog New Member

Gday all! Just joined up on this forum hoping to get a little more involved with my vaping community and see what cool stuff everyones got to say about new mods or what worked for them. I was a pack n a half a day smoker and have been quit for about a YEAR now just happily vaping :biggrin: Sometimes I still get the urge to smoke though and wanted to know some things that helped other people out here! Can't wait to hear back from you guys and VAPE on!

2. mayjbng9z

mayjbng9z New Member

Have a read through the snus subforum. Many of the good folks there found vaping wasn't quite enough to free them from tobacco. There is a lot of info on WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids - I think) that may also be the missing ingredient that you need to satisfy.

3. kacmarip-a

kacmarip-a New Member

Hi, welcome. What's your vaping set up? Congrats on giving up smokes!

4. sst

sst New Member

I've only recently started vaping in order to quit (about two months now) and like you I still feel the need to smoke occassionly. Usually when i'm around friends who are smoking. One small trick that I find helps is to bum a smoke off them and just keep it in my pocket. That way I have the easy option of smoking it if I want to and i manage to avoid that conflicted mindset of fixating on the cigarettes but really not wanting to smoke them. It's just a bit of a safety blanket. This is a huge improvement for me as, before I vaped, there's no way I would have been able to hold that without lighting up.