Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

New and STILL trying to quit

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by IceBeezy, Jul 2, 2014.

1. IceBeezy

IceBeezy New Member

Hello,
    My name is Jen, I'm 36 years old and over the last 20 years I've tried to quit smoking using every method known to man:

• Cold turkey (15+ quit attempts)
    • Patches (15+ quit attempts)
    • Hypnotherapy (twice)
    • Nicotine Gum (10+ quit attempts)
    • Nicotine Spray
    • Nicotine Lozengers
    • Nicotine tablets
    • Champix (twice - and both times had side effects that were worse than the problem - first time I quit for over a year, but the price for that was high!)

Quitting for me is basically an bi-annual event! I've tried e-cigs before too - the Elusion (in around 2010) and a 'Green Smoke' earlier this year - and failed :-( BUT I'm not giving up on giving up and I've just ordered a Innokin iTaste VV/VW 3.0 with lots of different nicotine 'juices' (I don't even know if that's the right term!?!) and I'm really hoping this time is the one that sticks. I've joined this forum to learn more about e-cigs and to read some stories of people who have been down this path before me. I really don't want to be spending so much $$ and risking my health smoking cigarettes anymore and I hope when my new e-cig arrives I can finally get off the b@stard cancer .comsing things!

Thanks for reading,
    Jen

2. Acianinij

Acianinij New Member

Hi Jen and good luck.
    Where did you buy from?
    Read through and ask as much as you need here, be.comse being ripped off is a major killer for some and they go back on the smokes a lot of the time.
    Where did you buy from?
    What kind of atomiser/clearomiser have you got?
    Where did you get your juice?

3. Mark-Lee

Mark-Lee New Member

Hey Jen, Welcome.

Have a look at the below links for inspiration.

canukVapers - Your story

http://forums.canukvapers.com/e-cig...a-discussion/17365-quit-tales-collective.html

Feel free to ask any questions. Not surprisingly, many of us have tried and tried and tried to get off the stinkies. In fact, even vaping, some have taken months to achieve it. Some in fact still dual use but the good thing is that every cigarette you don't smoke can only be good for you. Don't be hard on yourself .comse it won't do you any good.

You have come to the right place. Feel free to ask any questions and if you are struggling, don't be afraid to tell us and ask for help, we have all been there.

Good luck to you Jen.

4. <3OnLy 1 WaY Up<3

<3OnLy 1 WaY Up<3 New Member

Perhaps the e-cigs failed for you before be.comse they lacked Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. Some people are fine with just nicotine in the juice (i.e. me), others find that still lacking ..something.

All the best with your latest attempt, and welcome to the forum! :)

5. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Yeah Jen! You can do it! Good on you keeping at it despite past failures. I can assure you that this is the place for all of your questions and queries and if you stick at it then you'll find that quitting with e-cigs is easier than you've ever imagined. I've known several people who've even quit without intending to. They just picked up an ecig and enjoyed the experience so much that never went back.

What e-cig have you chosen to start with? If it doesn't work then come back and ask. People will have plenty of recommendations if you're struggling and I can pretty much guarantee that if you have a problem then someone else would've already solved it for themselves.

Best of luck with quitting and welcome to the forums.

6. tera_duke

tera_duke New Member

Thank-you all, I really appreciate the welcome - and I'll check out those links Davi!

After the last two e-cig experiences - both expensive mistakes - I did some research and went with the Innokin iTaste VV/VW 3.0, which I bought from "Health Cabin" as the site seemed to have good reviews on other web sites (Murphy's Law dictated I only found this site AFTER I'd paid for everything :ambivalence:. ) I'm totally new to what I think of as the 'more complicated' e-cigs so in terms of atomisers/clearomisers (I'll have to find out what these terms actually mean!) I just went with what I saw on a YouTube review the - "Innokin Dual Coil iClear 16 V2 Changeable Clearomizer" and the "HC E-juice/E-Liquid" in a few different flavours at the 18mg level.

I'm hoping the 5-20 working day delivery with EMS goes smoothly (and is more on the 5-day side!).

Thanks again,
    Jen