Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Need Help with a USB Passthrough

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Her_oInsanity, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Need Help with a USB Passthrough
    Bought a USB Passthrough from E-cigcity, out the UK, and it does not work. Each time I push the button of the PT, the red light goes out on the USB wall outlet plug, and nothing else.

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be? Could the UK use positive ground?

USB Passthrough -

2. uroyk

uroyk Guest

Smokie,

Most of the 901 passthroughs require at least 1 amp from the usb port beacuse they have no battery to supply the mah. Most usb plugin adapters and hubs only supply about .5 amps at most and shut themselves off if too much current is being drawn.

Read the details at the bottom of my 901 PT description MadVapes LLC could it be that yours is similar and has no battery?

Mark

3. jayantb

jayantb Guest

This is a PT made in the UK using USB cable wire 2.0 fast speed wire, The PT does NOT work using a 5 Volt, 10000 mah, but it does work with a 5 V, 2.3 A hub that I have, and vapes like a China made $15- PT. Now when I plug it into my PC usb port it vapes like a 6 Volt Mod. Does this PT require more, maybe 6 Volts , or just more mah. What is the output of Volts, and mah on of my PC which is a brand new Dell? And will I possibly kill my mother board, or usb port?

4. HannaP

HannaP Guest

Hi Smokie,

You'd need to get the specs from Dell on what the usb port can provide. The max amount the standard 901 pt uses is about 1.3a. USB ports are usually 5v +-.2. The atomizers are more dependent on current than voltage. But still require a minimum voltage of around 2.5-3.7v.

Higher voltages with sufficient current make the atty heat up more and if you can supply the juice to it, more vapor but if it runs dry, more dead atties :(

Mark

5. bevm

bevm Guest

Do you think my PC has a higher mah output then 2.3A, or higher Voltage then 5, which I am using now. Because it vapes a hell of a lot better with the PC

6. D*Kat

D*Kat Guest

Well in this case you should be talking about mA (power/current output), not mAh (capacity).

As an example a 3.7V battery rated at 360mAh will power an atty just as well as a 3.7V 800mAh one, just not as long.

At home I use a China made $10 PT with my M401 (the ultimate dipper) and love it (dripping is a pain).

I have the standard ACtoUSB adapter, 500mA, that came with the unit and will not fire the PT. I also have a Channex/Digital Express 2000mA adapter and it will not fire the PT. I haven't checked the mA output (it's a bit of a pain) but the voltage is correct and it woks for charging my batts.

I then got this one.

USB Dual Power Adapter and Tips

But actually got it here, $3.90 shipped. I actually ordered another as a spare.

USB Dual Power Adapter

It works like charm. I believe it may have something to do with it being 'iPod' ready, rather than just a dumb 5V charger. It may have something to do the middle pins of the USB connector as explained here:

Bits needed

Anyway it's dirt cheap, has a nice feel and heft, and comes nicely packaged.

Worth a shot.