Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

My First Week Of Vaping Wrap Up

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by toicleve, Dec 6, 2015.

1. toicleve

toicleve New Member

Okay, apart from a truly nasty head cold, im still alive :)

So its a week since i gave up analogues and got my vape on

Heres what ive experienced/learned (by myself and the help of others on here and staff of Steam E Cigs):

1) The people of this forum and vaping suppliers ive met are very helpful people. I challenge anyone to get into this successfully without the help and support of members of this forum.

2) Secondly and most importantly and incredibly, I've had exactly 0 fallback on to the analogues...zilch, nada. Ive had my Plan B pack of rollies sitting next to me all week, well actually since i havent used it i had to look for it and at some point i seem to have migrated the pack to a drawer. Not once have i even thought about that pack. That to me is a miracle in of itself.

3) Yes its a bit of money to buy the nic and other gear, i spent $280 for all my kit to get started....but this week will be the first time in my life as a smoker of 33 years that my paycheck (or before i had a job, my allowance :) ) will not have any part of it spent on tobacco...or, since i have enough supplies of nic (1lt - 2+years worth) and pg/vg (4 months worth) and flavours (a months worth) for a while, vaping either. Ill recover my initial outlay in about 2 months. My next purchase will be some flavour in about a month - $10-$15...the only other thing i may pick up in the coming weeks s another tank so i can have a choice of flavours.

4) Kanger Subtank Mini's can leak with the de.comlt red seals, refit with the included spare black ones - sure it ruins the red and ss aesthetic, but at least your juice wont end up all over your battery mod of choice. I got mine changed over by the lovely staff at Steam be.comse they offered to help and my eyesight is shit close up :)

5) 18mg nic is prolly too strong. If youre like me and figure a higher nic will stop you reverting to analogues, you prolly dont need to overcompensate by having a high nic level. This week im going to half that. My top tip is to try less, and if needed increase. Your new vapers throat will thank you :)

6) The MVP3.0 is insanely good, well built and has insane battery (i know some people bang on about the non-replaceable batteries in these, but by the time they run out there will be a lot of new gear about) life for my use, so far ive charged it exactly once. Using variable wattage is great, being able to adjust the wattage depending on the time of day and your likes is pretty cool. Anything over 22W with the Subtank for me gets too hot/harsh. i go between 18 and 22 depending on the time of day.

7) You dont need an anal amount of gear or procedures when mixing juice. I use a separate syringe for each liquid (3ml for nic the most critical) and draw and deposit each liquid in turn into a 30ml bottle. Ive seen a number of posts on here talking about graduated tubes etc and an anal amount of gear for mixing, and to me thats a bit overkill. Im careful with the nic, and once thats done can mix up a batch in about 3 minutes versus tooling about with a range of lab equipment for 30 trying to get that last drop out of whatever bit of wanky gear youve mixed in. I rinse out the syringes afterwards, let them dry, then put them back in the packets for next time. Easy peasy.

8) Tastebuds are making a return, even with a mighty head cold, i can still taste my flavours :)

9) Try some juices in a B&M store first if possible...im lucky theres a store 15 minutes away. Pick somethign you can see going with for the first time out. for me a tobacco flavoured one (SY4 - Steams own) seemed the best idea. Try more than a few. I wouldnt suggest a wanky flavour like banana or watermelon first up if youre like me and have been a decades long smoker. I dont think id made it without falling off the wagon if i had of picked a wanky flavour. If youre in Sydney i recommend Steam for a bit of testing/advice...their own flavours are quite good, and i had a hard time picking between RY4, SY4 and their Chiefs Leaf (which i plan to get next). The wanky flavours just didnt do it for me. If i can find a nice toffee, vanilla or aniseed plain and without tobacco flavour, then i'd go one of those going forward in a little while.

10) Support from friends and complete strangers. You will get used to people supporting you from stinking up the place (and often get compliments on that lovely toffee flavour youre wafting). You will never tire of explaining to people what youre doing and feeling positive about the path youre on. And occasionally , if youre lucky, you will get to say the words "Don't worry, its not crack" to the person who is horrified at the plumes youre expelling and see the gear and think youre a dope fiend. Special moments of fun. Havent met anyone yet who once they know what im doing hasnt said positive things. dont forget what seems to be an unwritten but widely accepted rule here, dont vape where you technically can but its not a good idea to. That means the train/bus/ enclosed spaces, respect people who like their pure oxygen. We dont need to bring the powers that be down on us and lump us in with tobacco smokers :)

11) For those few people, i had one, waiting for you to fail, you get the smug satisfaction of crushing their joy :)

Thanks again to those from the forum, and Steam, for making this possible, a week of no smoking...after 33 years on the gear, i never imagined i'd be able to walk away from it and function

2. Kitty 2

Kitty 2 New Member

great stuff! congrats on 1 week smoke free

3. masybab02

masybab02 New Member

Well done you and a great write up.

4. tvhaqegoay

tvhaqegoay New Member

Well done, steam ecigs are awesome aren't they. Every town should have one. Not just sydney. Congratulations

5. ZveroBoy

ZveroBoy New Member

Thanks everyone, wouldnt have been possible without everyone heres help and advice and support

6. adpiytrxpf

adpiytrxpf New Member

I really wanna get into steam ecigs one day, but I live all the way in bloody Castle Hill.

I could honestly see another B&M shop opening to cater to the Hills area.

Buuuuut with that aside, congrats mate! I also have recently made the jump from analogs to vaping. Have had a few ciggies here and there, but for the most part, phasing it out is all coming to fruition :)

I only wish I had stumbled across the forums/researched better before purchasing a starter pack from a dodge company. Lesson learnt, and I'm now also rocking the subtank mini on an MVP 3.0!