Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

My Black&Decker Battery mod (in progress)

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by FMg, Apr 4, 2015.

1. FMg

FMg Guest

Hello NuVapers, :p

I have been building a battery mod for a Black&Decker battery, which was not my intention at first. I just so happened to have a couple extra B&D batts laying around and I thought I would put them to good use. So this is what I came up with.

This mod was my first and has cost me nothing out of pocket because I made it out of spare items around my house, until I order some atty connectors. Its basically a metal tube 2cm in greatest diameter, 2 Way switch I pulled out of a speaker box, Screw and some odd and ends like speaker wire and plastic disks for the inside. The hardest part of this build was trying to figure out how to connect the battery. The positive is in the center and the case is negative. I took a plastic disk put a screw through the middle so that the head of the screw would face down at the battery. Then at the end part of the screw I would run my positive leading to switch. I used a generous amount of gorilla glue to keep everything intact and I had to add a small amount of electrical tape on the inside of the tube to hold the battery snug, so far it works great. I also used a small amount of air duct tape (the shiny tape in the top view) I only had LED so it helps reflect the light to the holes. I have a top piece made also that has the air duct tape to keep it reflecting the light. As you can tell I was a little inspired by the spade for the light design. I also added do vent holes, especially where the battery connects to the screw. I can take a toothpick and insert it into the hole and pry the battery out. As for the battery, it is a 3.6V at 1200 MaH, i think? But I also have some gold label B7D batteries like these. They mention they last 60% longer than these silver ones. I couldn't find any info on them though.

Building these mods is relatively easy and I had a blast making this one. Much more to come.

Thanks for checking this out, :D
    Kill_Joy

2. Lauren!

Lauren! Guest

"cricket" "cricket"

3. Abtram

Abtram Guest

Ok...-_X
    I'm not going to be actively checking this post anymore. Sorry for the late responses for future reference.

[​IMG]

4. ellabella

ellabella Guest

have you considered putting in one of the chips from Texas instruments to kick the voltage up to 5v?
    just curious with that type of mAH battery life wouldnt be to shabby :)

5. My Black&Decker Battery mod (in progress)

I don't have the extra cash atm to do a resistor : [

6. United

United Guest

7. DarrylB

DarrylB Guest

Please take note if you are going to build a PV this this. Usually LEDs need a - & +. But with the one I used it only needed a current running through it. i couldn't tell you which type it is I pulled it out of a broken electronic. Test your LED's requirement with some wire before wiring it into your case.

Happy vaping,
    Kill_Joy

8. BaniS

BaniS Guest

Let me be the first to say Congradulations. There is nothing like the feeling of vaping off something you made yourself. Adding an LED- Magnifique!!!! Good job.

Now you have a long lasting 3.7 right? So is the battery in there alll the time or do you remove it for charging?

9. ZoeyS

ZoeyS Guest

Nice to hear from you Robert,
    Its 3.7V and the battery slides out of the bottom and has to be charged. I'm still on my first battery (silver series) from around 6pm 1/6/09 yesterday. I have a total of 4 batteries that will work for this mod. 2 Silver and 2 gold series. The gold lasts 60% longer than the silver batt.s that I'm currently using.

10. JimWRealist

JimWRealist Guest

Sill on the same battery (day 3) :)

11. mufasa

mufasa Guest

Day 4 still going strong and I've been vaping like a train. :D

12. sami.

sami. Guest

The battery finally died at around 3pm on the 5th day. So a total of around 60 hours of vaping on a single battery.

13. NilaS

NilaS Guest

Dang 4 days on 1200 mAh battery! Im jealous!
    Are those the versapak batteries ????!!!! Think I saw those in my garage before! :) Im just wondering if those batteries are possibly compatible with some of the toys we got up here?

14. My Black&Decker Battery mod (in progress)

I don't know if the silver series I have are Vera pack or not, thier really old. But I have some golden ones that are versa pack. If you used those you should atleast get 6 days out of.