Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

My banana is a melon!

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by axterisko, Oct 24, 2015.

1. axterisko

axterisko New Member

Fooling around with some banana concentrates over the last few days. I have some from Noe's co-op, some Inawera and some ecigmodshop super concentrate. I was trying to get more banana into my banana custard, and went a bit overboard, and I now have a very melon flavour. Cantaloupe (rockmelon) more than watermelon. If you like melon, I'd recommend playing with banana concentrate LOL

2. panservice

panservice New Member

run that past me again MrsG ? :) that's odd

3. krigemmamager

krigemmamager New Member

I guess it's the chemicals, A1. Loads of chemicals change their flavour depending on the concentration. Diacetyl, which many people choose not to use for vaping be.comse it's been associated with bronciolitis obliterans, is deliciously custardy to start with and if you use a bit more, it tastes just like "I can't believe it's not butter!" which is why it was so popular in microwave popcorn (which is an abomination, and anyone who buys it should be killed and then revived to be killed again.)

4. randybowker

randybowker New Member

I have the banana cream pie super concentrate which I've just been trying recently and I would say it's not full on banana but I can't taste any cantelope/rock melon. Then again, people describe melon boba as tasting like watermelon and all I can taste is very strong cantelope.

5. takunvidremari

takunvidremari New Member

Didn't you know that everything is "upside down" here in Oz ? That obviously goes for taste too ha ha.

On a more serious note I'll remember this post when I'm mucking around with my DIY. I've been hovering around 18-24% and considering going higher, but I've always wondered why I've rarely come across any recipes higher than 25% ..... maybe the answer is as youve mentioned, about the higher concentrations changing the taste to something totally different.
    Cheers
    Sodd

6. marpio

marpio New Member

i use LA Banana Cream Concentrate..... it tastes like banana at all strengths I've tried so far....:) (up to 15%) My latest mix of my banana cream, I halved what I usually put in (5%).... steeping now, but I think the taste will not be muted too much

Can you use it as a doubler MrsG? and top up with PG/VG/NIC to bring it back under control?

7. Celina

Celina New Member

interesting!

but surely the banana concentrate on its own - ie unmixed does not smell like melon?

id guess its probably the way it has interacted with whatever else is in the banana custard mix

what other flavours are you using in the mix mrs g?

8. sk1ppy

sk1ppy New Member

ALL HAIL THE NANA!!!!!!! But seriously, banana is the single most recurring flavour in any mix I do. Y U SO GUD FOR?!?!?!
    I did make a raspberry/banana mix the other day that came out as a somewhat super sweet melony flavour, I gave it to my roommate. I'm more in to the whole super dark, rich flavours and I find that banana just adds an awesome creamy taste to any mix :)

9. ZaGorka

ZaGorka New Member

So you mixed bana with banana custard and got canteloupe? Lol! I suppose as long as it tastes good its a winner! :)

10. ophil69

ophil69 New Member

I thought Mr G might have switched your fruit on you, as a prank, Mrs G!

11. Super Jesus

Super Jesus New Member

There's a bunch of other stuff in it, like vanilla soft serve and waffle and vanilla custard.
    All of the banana flavours are very concentrated.. no more than 5% for inawera, the other 2 are 2.5%
    I'm not sure if I like it or not, but that's be.comse I don't really fancy melon as a flavour, but love the fruit.
    I just thought it was an interesting development, and wondered if other people have found similar things happen.