Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

MVP Patrick Mahomes did for a year behind Alex Smith i

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by zhangzk, Dec 19, 2019.

1. zhangzk

zhangzk New Member

Device:
    daf
    Juice:
    geg
    ENGLEWOOD Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey , Colo. 鈥?After entering the offseason scrambling again at quarterback,聽John Elway聽emerged from draft weekend set for the present and maybe the future at a position that’s been his Frankenstein ever since Peyton Manning retired three years ago.Drew Lock聽will be Joe Flacco‘s understudy 鈥?providing he can beat out Boise State QB Brett Rypien, who was among the undrafted players Denver signed after the draft concluded, for the backup job.Lock, the second-round pick from Missouri will take a wait-and-watch approach like reigning NFL n Kansas City, or even like Aaron Rodgers did for three seasons behind Brett Favre in Green Bay.By taking Lock with the 42nd pick and immediately declaring him Flacco’s apprentice, the Broncos are dodging the kind of QB competition that blew up on them two straight summers with 2016聽first-round bust Paxton Lynch.Lock and head coach Vic Fangio also are avoiding the pressure cooker that awaits first-rounders Kyler Murray in Arizona and Dwayne Haskins in Washington, QBs expected to make immediate impacts.“I think it will certainly take pressure off him and it will allow him to sit and learn,” Lock’s father, Andy, a restaurateur from Kansas City, told The Associated Press on Saturday. “And also I think from an organizational standpoint, maybe the Broncos don’t feel as much pressure to get him on the field early.“It’s a great recipe, and I’m excited for that.”So is his son, who realizes he has a lot to learn as a pro.“I think I’m just going to take it day by day here,” Lock said, declining to declare any timetable for taking over as the starter. “I’m going to try to be the best teammate possible because I know if there’s one thing to help win over a team and win over a locker room, it’s come in and just be a good teammate.“Then I think I’ll gain the respect and the trust of everybody in that locker room” like Mahomes did in K.C. and Rodgers did in Green Bay.Lock was hoping to be a first-round selection but said he knows deep down his landing spot was much more important than his draft slot.“Obviously, you’d like to get picked a little earlier, but I’m here,” Lock said. “We got Dalton (Risner) because of it, we got Noah (Fant) because of it, and if that’s the way it was supposed to be, then so be it. I’m a Bronco now and I couldn’t be more excited to be here.”Elway said he saw the draft as another step in his makeover of the Broncos, which has included the hiring of Fangio, acquisition of Flacco and free agent signings such as Ja’wuan James and Kareem Jackson.Elway said Fant and Risner should start right away and with “Drew coming in and competing for the backup spot, he gives us some depth there.”“So, we feel much better where we’re sitting here now today than we did coming out of last season.”WHO THEY GOTIn a draft loaded with defense, Elway focused first on improving a fetid offense. He used his first three picks on Iowa TE聽Fant, Kansas State RG Risner and Lock. His top defensive addition is Ohio State DT Dre’Mont Jones. Saturday’s picks were versatile Oregon LB聽Justin Hollinsand Colorado WR Juwann Winfree in the sixth. He also acquired former Broncos special teams stud Dekoda Watson in a trade.SURPRISE MOVESElway didn’t consider drafting a QB in the first round, but he traded with Cincinnati to move up to 42nd and select Lock 32 spots 鈥?a full round 鈥?after many projections had him going. Elway also聽pulled a stunner by taking Winfree, who started just seven games in college, missed the 2016 season with a torn ACL and sat out four games last year with a sprained ankle.HOW THEY DIDElway filled a major need by drafting Fant in the first round. Fant clocked a 4.5-second 40-yard time at the NFL scouting combine, faster than 17 wide receivers. In Hollins, they’re hoping they landed the ILB who could help the Broncos smother opposing tight ends like George Kittle who burned them for 210 yards and a TD in the first half of a game last season that essentially ended their slim playoff hopes.WHAT’S NEXTAddressing CB Chris Harris Jr.’s request for a hefty pay raise. The 30-year-old star is due $7.8 million in 2019, about half of what cornerbacks of his caliber are making. Harris is skipping the offseason program while Fangio installs his new defense and recently issued a pay-me-or-trade-me request after what he felt were disrespectful comments by Elway, who has a history of playing hardball with his stars.Future Broncos: An early look at Denver’s 2019 NFL Draft needs It wasn’t too long ago that the Denver Broncos finished selecting their 2018 NFL Draft class — which was met with rave reviews across various outlets.Through OTA’s Womens John Elway Jersey , training camp and the preseason, many of the Broncos’ selections have impressed and looked poised to make an impact in their rookie campaigns. Third-round pick Royce Freeman is your starting running back and will be the franchise’s bell-cow in the backfield. Second-round wide receiver Courtland Sutton showed glimpses of greatness during the offseason and will prove to be a significant upgrade for the team’s aerial assault. Last but not least, defensive players Bradley Chubb and Josey Jewell appear to ready to hit the ground running and provide a significant boost for the Broncos’ defense and be long-time, high-caliber starters in the league.So while we are all eager to see how they perform in 2018, it’s never to early to get the discussion rolling on what’s on the horizon for the Broncos and their potential future needs in the 2019 NFL Draft.Offensive TackleThe Broncos are hopeful 2017 first-round selection Garett Bolles takes a major leap forward in his second season and the team acquired long-time veteran Jared Veldheer to upgrade their right tackle spot this year. Unfortunately, Veldheer is getting older in age and in the final year of his contract, so fans shouldn’t expect him to be a long-term solution to the continuous problem the franchise has had at the position. Furthermore, neither Billy Turner or Elijah Wilkinson project as future starters — so the Broncos should be diligent in their scouting of this year’s offensive tackle crop to solidify the position for the future.Alabama offensive tackle Jonah Williams is the blue-chip prospect at the position this year, but unless the franchise secures a top ten draft selection, they will have no shot at getting him — so it’ll be wise to look elsewhere. A handful of other prospects such as Chris Lindstrom of Boston College, Yodny Cajuste of West Virginia, Dalton Risner of Kansas State and Bobby Evans of Oklahoma will merit early round consideration and would provide the team with a viable solution at the right tackle spot for years to come.Four other names with Broncos’ connections to keep an eye on are Washington tackles Trey Adams and Kaleb McGary, who were both coached early on in their collegiate careers by current Denver offensive tackle coach Chris Strausser. Additionally, Wisconsin standouts David Edwards and Michael Dieter man are coached by Paul Chryst, the brother of Broncos’ tight end coach Geep Chryst — leaving little doubt that they will be high on the team’s list of players to scout at the position.Interior Defensive LineDenver’s defensive line looks to be a significant strength entering their 2018 campaign, but perhaps the biggest question mark for the team is who will man down the nose tackle spot in the future. Long-time veteran Domata Peko Sr. had a tremendous year with the Broncos last season, but is in the final year of a two-year deal. Moreover, the team has virtually no depth or long-term prospects in the wings at the position.Alabama’s Raekwon Davis and Houston’s Ed Oliver headline an extremely versatile and deep interior defensive line class, but both should be long gone before the Broncos make their first selection. Clemson’s Christian Wilkins would have likely been a first-round pick had he entered this past draft, but opted to return to Clemson to earn his degree and help the Tigers in their pursuit of a championship. His teammate, junior underclassmen Dexter Lawrence is a gigantic presence on the defensive interior at 6’4, 350 pounds and is known for being a great run defender and opening up opportunities for those around him to get after the quarterback. He admitted he was playing injured all of last season, so if he stays healthy and performs well this year, he should easily be a first-round pick.Demarcus Christmas of Florida State and Ricky Walker of Virginia Tech are two other players to take note of throughout the college football season and are likely Day 2 draft selections, but a sleeper name to keep in mind is Jeffrey Simmons of Mississippi State — who has top-flight skills, but major character concerns that could cause him to slide when April comes around.CornerbackWith the league continuously evolving in respect to the passing game, finding quality defensive backs who can cover continues to be a premium for teams in the NFL Draft — with large amounts of prospects being taken early and often. Chris Harris Jr. is undoubtedly one of the best corners in the game and the team has big hopes for Bradley Roby, who will replace the jettisoned Aqib Talib this year.