Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Mobile phone batteries for mod?

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by PrivatePaula, Aug 26, 2015.

1. PrivatePaula

PrivatePaula New Member

I've been wondering if mobile phone batteries would be usable in a box type mod. They're relatively inexpensive, and mostly 3.7V Li-Ion 800+mah.

I'm thinking maybe 2 batteries regulated to 5V, but not sure if they would push enough amps.
    Have any of you guys tried using them, or do you know if they would work in this configuration?

2. cnavxlrjpm

cnavxlrjpm New Member

It can be done. I've seen a YouTube video of a person who used an old Nokia battery. Not sure if you can use 2, and regulated to 5v as he was only using 1 at 3.7v.

3. leekar

leekar New Member

4. seocaferu

seocaferu New Member

It is possible to use 2 batteries of 5V. My friend is using a 2 batteries and he had no issues since a long time.

5. apchikenov

apchikenov New Member

i wouldn't trust mobile phone batteries to push enough amps for anything other than standard type attys, they are generally of a low c rating (c rating is used to describe how quickly you can flatten a pack versus its capacity). If you wanted to run lr attys or go to hv youd need to parallel up either 2 or 4 packs i would imagine to give yourself some safety margin. also cellphone batteries are low quality in comparison to other types.

Another option for a box type mod would be an rc pack of 2s (7.2 volts) and 1500-2200 mah with a c rating of 20c. while this would be massively over engineered (30amps capability) it would be unstressed and the chances of it going poof are much less (safety = massively important if you are using multiple cells). cheap balance chargers are cheap enough too.