Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Mini protank 2 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by aeveasshtlze8027, Aug 7, 2014.

1. aeveasshtlze8027

aeveasshtlze8027 New Member

I have been using an Evod for a month, never had leaks or any prob's.
    I have just started using a mini protank 2 so I can try some juices that dont agree with plastic.
    Cant stop the leaking and crackeling and juice in center tube ..........have tried all the stuff I have googled, flipping the silicone seal, using 2 seals etc, but after about 10mins Im getting sticky lips lol. and tiny bit of juice in my mouth.
    Is there any fix that actually works?
    Or should I chuck it and get something that is less problematic? If so, what should I look at getting?
    Thanks.

2. fdztfdz

fdztfdz New Member

Could be the heat making your juice too thin.
    When i was using a protank i used to rebuild/re-wick them with cotton.
    You should give that a go, even if you do get a different tank
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm2mo2GkWxI
    Not the best vid but it gives you enough to do it.

3. cum4me

cum4me New Member

Have you tried another coil and also make sure it is screwed in tight also make sure the stem is pushed in straight so it doesn't rub when you screw the tank back together.
    Flipping the seal will give you more juice not less. Just go back to the original set up with a new coil and see how you go.

Cheers
    Midlife

4. niiks

niiks New Member

Thanks for replys.
    I have tried 3 different coils, no luck, checked everything is screwed in tight many many times,,, still no luck.

jeno1200, is that just a standard cotton ball he uses in that vid? Do you think that might stop the leaks into the chimney?

5. qamdxbz20d

qamdxbz20d New Member

When i started i was just using standard cotton balls. Organic is better if you can get them. But worth a try to start with.
    Also cotton coils IMO give a much better vape.

6. VanDerMond

VanDerMond New Member

Cotton is a lot harder to get right especially if you are not using micro ( contact coils )
    Have you got the right replacement coils for your tank? Is it a genuine Pro tank?
    Sorry if I seem to be not believing what you are telling us but I have used mini pro tanks for quite a few months before moving on to other things and I only occasionally had some flooding issues and normally I would blow it out and it would be good to go again. The only other problems were what I mentioned before.
    Saying that I have a Silo tank that sucks big time as something is on the piss so when I screw it together the coil hits on the chimney and .comses leaking issues.
    Never have any of these problems with carto tanks. :)

Cheers
    Midlife