Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Menthol help

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by jim h, Nov 8, 2015.

1. jim h

jim h New Member

Hey Avf

I was doing a clean out of my old juices. I used two pet brewing bottles and poured all my juices into them.

The first is fine, it's a nice tobacco'y chocolate clove flavour. Lol. The second is pretty bad, so I want to disguise the mess with menthol.

The bottle is almost full say 700ish mls. How much menthol crystals to that much liquid do I add and where should I purchase the crystals from?

I'm not that interested in mixing vodka and adding slowly. I just want a short fast method. I was planning on grinding them up and putting them straight in.

Any feedback or advice is welcome :)

2. prurnbrar

prurnbrar New Member

Gawd ! 700ml of arse juice ?

You could try something like a menthol concentrate. HC concentrates are at 3-5% to start, probably less with menthol

3. Elaboto

Elaboto New Member

I got my menthol crystals from the Chemist. I just disolved in pg in a bottle and bath in hot water.

4. masterkillle

masterkillle New Member

vapingmad do a good combo menthol and separately buy the cooling throat hit that i can't recall the name

about 2-3 drops menthol per ten ml, and 1 drop cool stuff will fix arse juice provided said arse doesn't have sypholes or something

5. onceisntenough

onceisntenough New Member

I mix it to roughly 10% for a strong menthol solution to add to other flavours.
    It's probably not accurate to the mg, but 1 gram of crystals to 9 mL of PG or VG is about right.
    It's quite strong like that, so go easy.. mix it in a bit at a time and taste test.
    To dissolve, I do what Tokerz81 does.. Boil the kettle and pour the boiling water into a jug, then sit the bottle of menthol crystals and PG or VG in the jug and shake periodically until they're dissolved.. much like heating up a baby's bottle the old fashioned way :)

6. fabiomumu3

fabiomumu3 New Member

Vaping cobra has crystals u would want about 10-20 grams to cover that much juice

7. hdpoxhfwxlcl

hdpoxhfwxlcl New Member

Pineapple heaps of replies. Thanks everyone. I'll now go through what you've all said and get this pineapple juice going good.

It was a mix of a heap of different flavours, 400ml was this black devil stuff which taste like prunes. I'm hoping a strong menthol mask will make it vapable.

I'm trying to cut costs after my recent mod binge. Lol

Cheers for the feedback.

8. sirano1234

sirano1234 New Member

Perfume Apprentice menthol is made from real crystals, I think.

Vaping Cobra can give u 30ml of the stuff for $20.

5% should be enough for a decent menthol kick

9. alixi

alixi New Member

10. JulianaX5

JulianaX5 New Member

There is an canuk seller I just found, 100g German menthol crystals $24 incl postage from Vic (ebay). I also ordered some sony nipple tops from super sports while I was at it.

Thanks everyone for the info. I might do 15grams straight up and see how I go. I dont have any vg pg on hand but I will sacrifice some of the arse juice and baby bottle that pineapple with the crystals.

11. Jenglycle

Jenglycle New Member

So you saying there mrs G is most guys wont be able to it, and should get their wife's to shown them (jk)((mostly))

12. Cedelync

Cedelync New Member

Hey Sarge, I saw a dude with the coolfire 2 vaping away, hefty little blighter (the mod). This one was black though and didn't look so much like a piece of ordinance like yours.

13. qamdxbz20d

qamdxbz20d New Member

sorry OT but yea they come in Black(tacicool) or OD Green(jungle camo)
    now back to your orginal program

14. mojoeyt

mojoeyt New Member

Got a Black one commin sometime today express! I wanna see how the .comt looks on the CF 2 compared to the black provari. Also got some Nice black shorty drip tips for the .comt and to match the CF 2 black body ;)

Edit: sorry OP, had to throw this one in..

15. uliguedes

uliguedes New Member

Nah OT welcome. I got what I needed, just have to wait for it to arrive. No dramas.

16. JefGlype

JefGlype New Member

My .comghter in law wants me to make her a menthol, what brand do you suggest and how much do you suggest I use?

17. ansmenam

ansmenam New Member

I'd go this option if it's for a small amount. I had to get a large amount of crystals to cover the 700mls. If it was a smaller amount I would of done this.

18. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

4 heaped teaspoons using baby bottle method with some of the liquid from the crap juice, kept stirring until they dissolved. Poured it back into the bottle and gave it a shake.

It's like being hit in the face by the fisherman and his friends. Awesome.

I did less for my other batch of semi okay tobacco flavoured. Awesome as well.

Thanks everyone.

19. hekengobss

hekengobss New Member

I use the Vapeking menthol doubler when I mix hubbies spearmint ice. I tried a couple concentrates and the crystals but burnt my lips making it too strong. A bit gun shy of the really strong ones they should come with warnings. Mucus membranes can be impacted.

20. das organ

das organ New Member

When my crystals come in I'm going to use this cheap $10 Kmart coffee grinder to grind them up?
    I think that should work well with a hot bath method.
    Jeff