Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Mechanical mod owners...question

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by graphicdesigner, Jun 15, 2015.

1. graphicdesigner

graphicdesigner New Member

What mechanical mod do you have and what is the best feature? Also, what would you like to see done just a hit different?

Posted via Tapatalk2 on Note2

2. Pearl L

Pearl L New Member

well i have a few,,BAM,Acryllic.UDT and paws mod .

i like the big battery feature, but hate the fact that it is almost impossible to get in there if i wanted change the button or wire size

3. chrisone

chrisone New Member

Imagine atmizoo roller with a floating positive pin instead of the screws. Telescopic, side top button, and floating positive pin would be perfect.

4. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I have a couple GGTS and love most everything about them. A better air control would be the one thing i would change.

5. porko.pride.

porko.pride. New Member

GP PAPS: very compact, good button feel (almost touch sensitive) adjustable positive pin, 510 threads machined into the top cap. Downside - you need to lock the button before standing it up.

Atmizoo Roller. Telescoping with the smoothest threads I've ever seen. Separate bottom cap so you don't have to separate the telescope to change batteries. Top of inner tube is flush with switch head, so easy access to a kick. Interchangeable machined top inserts for different atty types. Top mounted side button with roller bearings -so smooth. Downsides it's a tiny bit taller than the PAPs in 18350 mode.

6. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

If you are looking to get into making mods ?? i'd like to see some of these USA made .the build on these is pretty simple and are totally mechanical.

And pump out everything the battery has to give !!

MODS & Batteries

7. vinnizubec

vinnizubec New Member

I use a Legacy 90% of the time. Not sure what could be done about it to make it better. It just works.

8. airjbasketball

airjbasketball New Member

I have a Vmod xl and an Icon. I got rid of the rest because I don't like unregulated vaping. It's just not satisfying to me when the voltage keeps dropping every time I take a hit, so they sit in my vape box 99% of the time.

The things I like about the vmod xl are the pocket-ability and the fact that it's a decent bottom feeder for 1/4 the cost of the Reo. (and it looks cooler than a Reo)
    My main gripes with the vmod are the o-rings and the button. The o-rings seem to fall apart at the wrong time, and the button is tiny and not very comfortable.

I like the Icon because of it's size and the fact that it looks inconspicuous. What I don't like is the shitty top cap with bad airflow and a non-existent drip well. It also fires on it's own if the battery has a compromised wrapper on it.

I guess I could also count my silver bullet? People say the buttons lasts forever on them, but whatever. Otherwise, it's total fail. It's big, it's thick, it has no features, no drip well, and they seem to scratch and peel easily (especially on top).
    And they're expensive.

With any of them, though, I usually need to carry like 4 fresh batts to make it through a day. I'd rather have something regulated.

9. kjchronic

kjchronic New Member

All my mechanical mods i would like to see more parts availability.. Other then that i am happy with them..

10. qdaqclx53g

qdaqclx53g New Member

I love the mechanical mods, I like the simplicity. Of all things I'd like to see a lot different would be the one made in the USA or many of them for that matter, a lower price and keep with the quality device. And yes it can be done, if Pure Smoker {Legacy/Mini) can do it so can others. Or I should maybe say should be able to do it. JMHO And then I would go from there.:)

11. baaexeydarky4381

baaexeydarky4381 New Member

My favorite mechanical mods currently are the GGTS and the Ihybrid, the only thing I could improve about either is to combine the best Idea's of each. A telescopic Hybrid with a bottom button would my dream.

To take it a step further I wouldn't mind better battery life, make it fit 26xxx bats with an insert sleeve to convert it to be usable with 18xxx bats as well and I imagine you would become a very wealthy man. (at least until the Chinese clone comes along)

12. uncooto

uncooto New Member

:hmmm: bottom button congestus?

13. anhtuan279

anhtuan279 New Member

also a hybrid though but basicly yes a bottom button congestus with a ZAG or Synth style atty or a complete natural hybrid. one can dream right?

14. buanajaka

buanajaka New Member

Congestus sounds like a bad upper respiratory infection or something. lol...

15. Sweet

Sweet New Member

Congestus is an affliction of the thumb and is caused by using a vv/vw mod and constantly changing your settings. Much better to just stick with a mechanical mod and avoid any complications like this.

16. AlexCoppas

AlexCoppas New Member

lol... You sir, are a liar.

The only thing that anyone has ever gotten from VV/VW is a superior vaping experience. :D

17. outwari

outwari New Member

There was a time I agreed with you, then I realized I can do things with a mechanical that no VV/VW mod I have found is capable of...

18. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Posted via Tapatalk2 on Note2

19. Tubsboova

Tubsboova New Member

for example?

20. drip

drip New Member

Safely run at 30+ watts...

Chain vape for over 20 seconds....

we all have different definitions of "superior vape experience" Mine just happens to be with a gen atty on a mechanical, thats the only place I've managed to accomplish it.