Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Measuring Resistance

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Blondiee!, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Blondiee!

Blondiee! New Member

I've noticed a few posts where people are reporting higher than nominal resistance for the atties/cartos/clearos they are measuring. Whilst there will be some variation (typically less than +/- 0.2 ohms) due to manufacturing, one major source of error in measuring low resistances can be the multimeter's probe leads. To get a better measurement at low resistance try the following:

1. If your multimeter has multiple resistance ranges, select the lowest ohm range.
    2. Short the meter probes together firmly, wait until the reading stabilises and note the reading.
    3. Connect the probes firmly to the 'omizer, wait until the reading stabilises and note the reading.
    4. Subtract the reading you get in 2 from the reading you get in 3. This will be 'omizer resistance (or close to it)

Notes:
    If your multimeter doesn't have at least 0.1 ohm resolution on its lowest resistance range then it's probably not up to the task.
    Ditto if the reading keeps fluctuating or drifting.
    If you are concerned about the multimeter's accuracy, buy a 3.3 ohm 5% tolerance resistor from the likes of Jaycar and use the steps above to check it.

2. Elusive

Elusive New Member

I dont need to measure....

I just give my atties a hard look and tell 'em resistance is futile!

3. wnjlauk1n

wnjlauk1n New Member

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!

First thing I thought of too, Sik :)

4. Colkisy

Colkisy New Member

I just press the button 13 times.