Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Making Your Own Juice Question

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by sethky, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Was making your own Juices at first hard

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  3. Plead Fifth Admendment

40.0%
  1. sethky

sethky New Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Kryptonite
    Has anyone here created there own flavors and willing to help explain to me how to make it the right way I've tried two different ways and I haven't figured out how to actually get it right I cant make any of my flavors taste well. Ive done it with and without nicotine, with and without menthol and other flavors cherry, strawberry, etc. Nothing is seeming to work right they taste better just going to the store and buying a flavor. If anyone here is willing to help me out that be awesome! PM or comment I'm down to learn I'm really trying to quit smoking cigarettes but nothing can compare to the taste of cigarettes :/

2. I'm very interested in this as well. I'm in the same boat where I like fruity menthol flavours but have a very limited selection where I live.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well I have to say that I never tried anything like this, or even heard much about it to be completely honest, but I also have to say that I am intrigued. It seems like one of those things that you can pick up when things start getting a little boring, or a little too habit like, which is certainly bound to happen. I am interested to see what people who have tried this have to say about it.

4. Spynonimous

Spynonimous New Member

Device:
    Eleaf iStick TC40W
    Juice:
    Cosmic Charlie's Chalk Dust Drama Swirl
    I know the nicotine is a major factor in the flavors. Sometimes it brings out some flavor, sort of like putting some spice in your food. You can put to much cayenne in something and ruin it, but also not enough doesn't add anything. What kind of flavors are you looking for? What ratios were you mixing and what kind of liquid?

I personally have played around a little bit because I have noticed my favorite flavors are getting sort of pricey. My friend makes his own juices and let me play around with his, but they were generally just safe. By that I mine it was essentially flavors like coffee and caramel. I think the savory flavors are more forgiving, but the fruity flavors are much harder to get right.

5. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Unfortunately, I haven't tried making my own juice yet. I usually buy from physical or online stores. I would be quite open to the idea of making my own juice if it wasn't time-consuming and expensive at all. I love DIYs and this can certainly be a good hobby for me. So I'll stick by this thread to learn more about making my own juice for vaping.

In another thread, one user used actual green tea in his vape. So is this a part of making your own juice? Can I directly use such substances for my vape? How about actual lemon or orange? Will those work as well?

6. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    I don't really make my own, I just mix the little bits of pre-made juices from bottles that don't have enough in them to fill up a quarter of a tank. Sometimes I don't want to duplicate the flavors and sometimes I do; I should probably get some pipettes so that I can at least measure what I'm mixing together and keep a "recipe book" of concoctions that turn out good for future reference.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I've also never attempted to make my own juice yet either, as really, there's so.many to choose from.out there in the first place, is there really any need to even try?

8. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I wasted over $80 trying to mix, my friends are way better at it so I just stopped. One of my buddies salvaged the lost fluid and gave me them back and they were great, but he has put quite a bit into this and wants his own juice brand eventually, so it's a bit unfair to compare his skills to other people. I'd say avoid it unless you really study what it takes to avoid the nasties.

9. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
  10. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    If I get to the point that I have enough confidence to make my own juice I would make it nicotine free. I don't want to run the risk of adding too much of it.

11. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Tоdаy I mаdе twо 10ml mixеs оf wаtеrmеlоn аnd bubblеgum liquids. Bоth with 2ml flаvоuring, 4ml оf vg/рg аnd nо niсоtinе.
    Аdd 2ml оf flаvоuring Аdd 4ml оf VG Аdd 4ml оf РG Shаkе thе bоttlе. Аddеd thе liquid tо my tаnk Thе рrоblеm is whеn I gо tо vаре thе liquids... thеy bоth dоn't tаstе оf thе flаvоuring, thеy bоth tаstе thе sаmе.. саn't dеsсribе thе tаstе but thеy аrе bоth dеfinаtlеy thе sаmе.
    Whаt аm I dоing wrоng hеrе? I knоw thеrе is thе mеthоd оf 'stеерing' but surеly bоth оf thе liquids shоuld nоt tаstе idеntiсаl аnd nоt оf whаt thеy аrе lаbеllеd аt аll.
    Thе flаvоurs аrе frоm а rерutаblе vеndоr аnd thеy аlsо smеll vеry strоngly оf wаtеrmеlоn аnd bubblеgum. I hаvе аlsо triеd сhаnging соils with nо luсk.
    Аny hеlр wоuld bе grеаtly аррrесiаtеd аs I аm аt а lоss fоr whаt tо dо.

I hаvе аlsо triеd just using а соuрlе drорs оf flаvоuring with 3-4ml оf РG аnd еvеn thаt didn't wоrk... WHАT АM I DОING WRОNG its litеrаlly driving my сrаzy.

12. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    I know that some DIYers add up to 25-percent flavoring, depending on the manufacturer and personal preference. Unfortunately the only thing I can recommend is trial and error by adding a little bit more flavoring until you achieve the desired result.

You might also check the manufacturer's website. Most of them recommend certain ratios.

Also, are you shaking the completed ejuice really well before vaping it?