Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Lower vaping age limit?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Personablue, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Personablue

Personablue Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    Orange
    I think this will be somewhat a controversial topic, but I think vaping age limit should be little lower. At least it should be lower than the smoking age limit. If the smoking limit is after 21 years then vaping should be 18.
    Why? Because, it will help to prevent many people from going into the worse route. Otherwise many would choose the smoking route over the vaping. It will be a boon to society.

2. victionicious

victionicious New Member

Device:
    Aerotank Mega with Eleaf iStick 30w
    Juice:
    Hangsen Banana 11mg
    The thing is with vaping - at least to me - is that it should really be a quitting tool, not a starting tool. If you lowered the vaping age limit, you'd get a lot of kids getting to the legal age to buy one, and they'd be able to say "well, I can't smoke cigarettes, but I can vape", causing more issues.

If anything, it'd be better for tobacco to be outlawed as a whole, but maybe that's just me. ;)

3. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I'd say that the problem with vaping is that it's only associated with nicotine. Who knows what else we could use through vapor delivery? It hits so quickly that there has to be some kind of medical purpose for using vaporizers, so the idea that we should only narrow the technology down to nicotine based rules is kind of silly if you think about it

4. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    I see your point, but I wouldn't agree. Age limit restrictions against to discourage people who not be able to handle something responsibly from even participating in it in the first place. Vaping is great and all, but just as with anything in the world, if you can't handle it responsibly, it can really damage your life. However, if people were able to start vaping at a younger age, and that encouraged them to abstain from traditional cigarettes entirely, then I suppose lowering the age limit would be beneficial. I'm conflicted, it seems.

5. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    To be honest, I'm still not sure about this issue. I mean, yes, vaping is great and it has helped me quit smoking. But I wouldn't really want minors or young people getting addicted to it. For me, the age of 21 is best for the limit still since it's the age where people are more mature and can be taken responsible for their actions. It's the age where they can make decisions for themselves, knowing that there might be consequences. And since tobacco use is legal by the age of 21, at least by then, they have some alternative in case they want to quit smoking as well.