Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Looking for a GOOD 510 passthru

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Esteban, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Esteban

Esteban Guest

Looking for a GOOD 510 passthru, thicker wire, and end protectors so the wires will not break at the bends. Not those cheap thin wired ones. Please post the link.

2. Kynacologist

Kynacologist Guest

3. Mik

Mik Guest

I just got mine in the mail from Cigtechs, haven't tried it yet. Maybe check with them.

4. NewYorkKid

NewYorkKid Guest

5. lovetodance

lovetodance Guest

Found this one by starting a Thread, Thanks for all your efforts, you fellow vapers are keeping me Happy with Vaping, and taking me broke by making me spend $$$$, lol.

6. Hey Smokie, just make sure Dibbley(e-cigcity.co.uk) didn't illegally charge you the VAT. I tried buying this same PT from him(about 2-1/2months ago) and he openly added the VAT. I sent him email after email stating this after I discovered this after paying thru paypal and he ended up ignoring me for 2 days then cancelling my order like a Jack-A** and tying up my money thru paypal's refund system. He has since switched around his website to make it look like he removes the VAT from non EU/UK buyers, but if you look closely he has just hidden it. This is totally illegal by EU/UK law. Reference here:

HM Revenue & Customs

If you paid 14.99pound for the PT alone, you got charged the 15% VAT. Consumers in the USA are not to be charged this 15% EU/UK tax.

Also, as much as I hate to give Puresmoker a plug, their PT is much better then this one(Although this one is better then the generic Chinese PT's).

This PT is also not CE certified, which is a very big No-No for electrical devices manufactured in the UK/EU.

I'm sure it's a good unit and works well, I just hate seeing people get ripped off. Especially being made to pay a tax that offers no benefit to the USA. We're already taxed enough in the USA. We don't need another tax levied on us, especially one that's not supposed to be.

7. GuitarHero

GuitarHero Guest

Good PT(as much as I hate to admit it) . I got mine(the original aluminum/black powder coat version) about 2 months ago and it works well. It is difficult, however, to find a USB compatible power source that provides the necessary current(amperage)-(you need at least 1.5 amps for it not to trip whatever USB power adapter you're using). You can hook it into your computer and it may work but you risk blowing either your motherboard or your USB controller if there is some sort of short circuit. I doubt Puresmoker is going to buy you a new $1200 powerMac.
    The bad thing is, that Puresmoker recently almost DOUBLED the price of this unit(from $40 to $70). It was a fairly steep buy at $40. $70 for the SS version, I'm sorry, a bit much for anyone to ask.
    It's a shame because it really is a very good unit.

8. DomaYa

DomaYa Guest

First off I did buy a PS PT that I sent back for a refund because it did not work, and that was at the $40- price. It would of been great for home use, but now I was looking for one that I can use outside, this one that is on order is a little smaller nice cable wire, and not as thick as the PS one,which is what I want. Now the other ones everyone else sells from China cheaply made very thin wire, and the lowest price around is about $15.00, plus shipping if any. Now total I paid for this one from the UK was $30.00 with shipping, if they hit me for that extra charge its OK because I knew the total price before buying, it gets tested before shipping they say so that it is sure to work. $10- to $15- more than the China one, I will give a review on it, maybe even a video review. I did order the 901 PT because the 510 was sold out, but I have all adapters for my SD 901 to fit a 510, 801, 103, 4081, and a KR808D atomizers. I am going to use this PT with a portable pocket charger along with there cable wire that I should be able to fit it in a cell phone belt case to carry with me. I know this charger last for 2 whole days, so hopefully no more battery's to worry about. PS is out to make money, how do you double the cost because it sells, and the shipping is kind of high. Also if you want to return something because it was DOA, and want a credit instead of a replacement they still deduct their shipping cost. And I told them so on the way I feel, Steve, and that women, who had a attitude.

9. JennieG

JennieG Guest

Well I just checked, the PT was 15.00, plus 2.00 extra shipping to the US, now the Conversion results 17.00 British pounds sterling = 27.97 US dollars, so they charged me a extra $2.00 to $2.50, guess I can live with that, since a pack of analogs would have cost me $7.14 here, and used 2 packs a day= $14.28 a day for me.
    Should of bought it in Hong Kong look at the rate exchange 17.00 US dollars = 131.75 Hong Kong dollars

10. amamamarie

amamamarie Guest

11. HaydarK

HaydarK Guest

What are you confused about? I will explain a little better, There is a difference in rate currency, the UK money is worth more, so I had to pay more, and there was some tax that by UK law they are not suppose to charge the tax out of the UK, but they hide it in the rate difference.

12. SaturdayJynx

SaturdayJynx Guest

You're right Smokie about the VAT being charged. If you read the small print on the e-cigcity.co.uk website it explicitly says that $15 pound sterling charge includes the 15%VAT. So As soon as you get to the shipping info section & the website recognizes that it's shipping to the USA(a zero-rate VAT country), it should automatically deduct 15% from that $15pound charge(making it 13.04pound), BUT IT DOESN'T. I realize with the conversion rate it only comes out to a few bucks, but still, it's against the law.
    You're also right about Puresmoker, they're totally in this for the money.

13. aajg

aajg Guest

I just hope it is a decent unit, I am only going to use it with my portable charger, not for home use.
    I am on Nu-Vapers Chat room now, why don't you come over hear, you do not need a Mic, or Cam, and you can view everyone who has a cam with listening also, and you could just type talk. Come on over check it out, listen and watch.

14. elise♥

elise♥ Guest

Hey thanks for the invite smokie, but I'm actually at work right now(going back and forth from work to forum). I certainly will stop by the chat as soon as I can though. And I wouldn't worry, I'm sure the E-cigcity.co.uk PT IS going to be a great unit(especially compared to anything you can get from China). I just don't personally like the guy who is selling them due to the VAT thing. Take Care