Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

kr808d

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by animal_crazy_sam, Apr 5, 2015.

1. What is the difference between a kr808 fitting and 901 fitting. My kr cartos fit my 901 adapter but the draw is very tight. What should i do? drill the hole on the side bigger or the hole in the center?

2. trueeee

trueeee Guest

Good question. I did not have an issue with the draw being too tight on my carto's. The answer would be beneficial if it ever comes up.

3. juanxdoom

juanxdoom Guest

I'm not sure if this is any help, but are you using the manual witch or the auto.....depending on the manual kr, it might not be working all that well. also, i find that the kr with any adapter seems to always have a stiffer draw...i've been using the 510 auto with a kr adapter ...its a little different from what you are lookin for buthope it helps a little.

4. hirzeljm

hirzeljm Guest

Cut a slice across the positive connector of the battery (that's the part in the center) or cartomizer if your cartomizer doesn't have one already. You can use a dremel. You can try to drill holes under the battery threads if you already have a slot and the draw is still tight. In general it is a bad idea to try to drill out the center hole since the center fitting would be likely to spin and break the wire rendering the entire assembly useless. Drilling the center hole is also likely to damage the switch and other internals. ;)

There is a 901 to Kr8 adapter available. It solves the problem of airflow. (And yes... the threads are the same but the design for airflow is different.)

5. appleshimmer

appleshimmer Guest

I use Carto's all the time and my experience with them has been great.
    The adapter that you are using, where did you get it from? most are kr808 and 901
    Does the carto screw all the way down tight covering the holes? there should be a little gap (like a finger nail space)

I started my Carto experience with a V4L Vapor King manual battery setup and passthru not a bad experience
    When I bought my Silver Bullet and KR808/901 Adapter the Draw was tremendous. I ended up drilling out 2
    tiny little holes on the passthru and 1 on V4L batteries this made all the difference. Vapor production and draw
    is awesome now. I used a 1/16" drill bit with a hex end and worked it by hand very slowly the metal is very soft.