Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Kind of Newbie, next step up.

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by kiassan, Sep 7, 2015.

1. kiassan

kiassan New Member

Hey all, I have tried doing a bit of research on beginner vapour topics via you tube, google and this and other threads. As I have not found an answer I thought I'd join this community as there seems to be a wealth of information here, and ask my own questions.

So I am researching this topic for my partner. He wants to start vaping and I want to buy him something nice for his upcoming birthday. Background is, he isn't really looking to quit smoking per say, just looking for an alternative to rollie cigarettes that may be a healthier option and may eventually lead him on the path to quitting or indeed becoming an experienced vaper. He is a moderate to heavy smoker, smoking approx 20 rollie cigs a day. He is looking for a decent throat hit as well as a nice vapour cloud. He is a mouth to lung smoker and has tried 1 ecig before. So what we are after is not a complete beginner set, but maybe the next step up. I read on this forum that a user started out with the Vapourking Delux set and was very happy, yet after a couple of weeks was looking for something else. I suppose I'm after that 'something else' next step up so as not to waste money on something he will only need for a couple of weeks. He does not want something that resembles a cigarette as he is not into the fake cigarette look. He would prefer an canuk vendor, however if something better fits this description he is open to overseas vendors as well. He likes the look of Vapor Empire products as well as Vaporfi Rebel, and needs something that he can take to work with him that will last all day (12 hours).

My apologies in advance if this sort of topic has already been posted, please refer me to any useful links and I will delete my post if it is asking same questions that have already been addressed.

From what I've read and understood from the forums and various youtube vids, I believe we could be after something with a clearomizer, possibly a 4.2 volt battery and variable power. If any of you can point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.
    A few of the models I was considering have been the Volcano Inferno, the Vapourking Delux, Vaporfi, Halo Triton, and possibley the V2 cigs if they come in a form that doesn't just look like a fake ciggie.

2. dude xyx

dude xyx New Member

Hi Lucretia,

You're right to stay away from the ones that look like a fake ciggie.

Is this the type of starter kit you're looking at ? VK Basics Starter Kit they're a good way to start and transfer from the stinkies but as you mentioned most people move onto something else quickly.

House of Vape also have a nice range of starter kits https://houseofvape.com.au/product-category/starter-kits/ If you see something there (or anysite) and you would like to know more about it about just ask.

If i was to get someone to start "vaping" this one would be my choice https://houseofvape.com.au/vape/starter-kits/joyetech-ego-one-mega-kit/ It can use 2 types of coils 1.0ohm and 0.5ohm.

Also this Aspire looks alot like the Rebel you mentioned https://houseofvape.com.au/vape/starter-kits/aspire-premium-starter-kit/

I'm sure others here will have different ideas on what device to start with i guess it comes down to what you want to spend and what type of smoker your partner is.

3. Ledcllcpp

Ledcllcpp New Member

Joyetech ego one mega is not bad for a starter kit, Its a tube mod with a 4ml tank and usb charging, I have a few more advanced mods but I use one this for work as its a good pocket rocket and lasts all day on a 0.5ohm coil, or you can go the 1.0 ohm for your mouth to lung ... around $60 from most canuk vendors.

For around the same price point I really like the Joyetech eVic Mini, you can get it with the same tank as the ego one mega for around $85 (kit) or $60 without the tank, in which case you can buy another tank of your choice, like say the crown tank for example (very popular) the eVic Mini also does temp control when your ready to give that a go, this mod offers more versatility than the ego one mega as well as a degree of future proofing. you would need to buy a couple of 18650 batteries (around $15 ea) and its best to get a charger for those batteries. the mod only uses one 18650 battery but its nice to have a second battery charged and ready to swap and go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suWa6I07N8k

As far as juice goes, there are rollie tabaco flavors but this will be subjective, what one person likes, another may not. I would maybe try a juice with a 50 PV 50 VG mix @ 12mg of nicotine ... try a range of flavors.

4. bztbiayxxzra

bztbiayxxzra New Member

Heavier nicotine to start I reckon, 20mg in a few different tobacco flavours is great for new vapers. It will satisfy the craving and taste pretty good to a smokers odd palate.

I'm in agreance about the EgoOne as a good first mod, another I would recommend is the Kanger Subox. It comes in at the same price but has a much greater battery as well as variable power control.

5. adallicy

adallicy New Member

Sort of agree on the Evic mini but wouldn't put the Crown on it (especially as a starter) You'll have to crank the watts up and chew through batteries (I'd say at least 2 a day) and really that tank needs to run at the top end of that devices output.
    Stick a Kanger Subtank mini on top and you'll be happy till your ready to graduate

6. ocelot

ocelot New Member

Dhufish, thank you for your reply. It was not the starter kit, but the 'delux kit'
    VapeKing Deluxe Starter Kit
    VK Deluxe Starter Kit

It states that is has a '1300mah Genuine Aspire Batteries with Variable Voltage' Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Rustdust, again I really appreciate your advice and will def check out those models :)

You both mentioned devices with .5 ohm coils.
    Dhufish - 'If i was to get someone to start "vaping" this one would be my choice https://houseofvape.com.au/vape/star...-one-mega-kit/ It can use 2 types of coils 1.0ohm and 0.5ohm.'
    Rustdust - 'I use one this for work as its a good pocket rocket and lasts all day on a 0.5ohm coil, or you can go the 1.0 ohm for your mouth to lung'
    I have read that sub ohm is not the best to begin with?

Northener, thank you also for your opinion. Another one for me to check out :)

7. soplarist

soplarist New Member

1 ohm coils will give better battery life and not be as harsh on the throat to start off with, believe it or not Vaping will make most hard core smokers cough a lot to start with (not a bad thing just a different sensation to what they're used to)
    0.5 ohm coils will give more airflow and more vapour but eat batteries quicker

8. Domi_da_Housecat

Domi_da_Housecat New Member

Okay, so I've had a look a a few of those models suggested. I"m a little confused. I know he likes the look of a tube a bit better is that the 'mod'? The body? I think it may best best to break down the different components that might be best for my partners needs keeping in mind he is relatively new to this, but we don't want something that is only going to last 4 weeks until he needs to go onto the next things.
    So.. Mod (is this the body?) and is this where I would have the variable power option as I think that might be best. And the design of the device, tube vs box.
    Tube tank, holding up to 4 ml.. Clearomizer as oposed to atomizer from what I gather? I think this is where the Kanga Subtank suggested comes in. What else might I need to consider here for our needs?
    Battery, again from what I've read 2 is better to have and 3.7 - 4.2 volts is good. Or 900ahm? Long battery to last 12 hour day away from home. Not sure on terminology, but this is what I have read in forums.
    Please feel free to comment where I have got things wrong and add your suggestions. That way I can better determine what we need in a starter kit or even if I make my own up :)

9. surfer69

surfer69 New Member

Ahhhh "lightbulb goes on" Thanks D1git :)

10. vdhhgfdfiqjn

vdhhgfdfiqjn New Member

I deleted this post as I edited my other one above.

11. Oscinny

Oscinny New Member

first bit is the tank (ie Subtank or clearomiser with coils)
    Second bit is the Mod, the bit with the variable voltage that either has a built in battery or needs batteries and a charger.
    What State are you in?
    if you tell us there may be a Brick and Mortar shop we can direct you to that will help get you set up

12. suexunnislect

suexunnislect New Member

Following this for noob advice.
    My 2c
    I use an joy tech Evic with a kanga tank for my all day Vape. Also keep a flurry of clearos at home with different flavours for a change up when I get home from work.
    I find this is more than enough to keep me going all day with a 18mg Nic juice. A couple tobaccos and a couple sweets/creamy flavours.

13. chelsea.divine

chelsea.divine New Member

Queensland :)

14. goamype

goamype New Member

Holmesy, how long have you been working with your above mentioned system? Also would you classify yourself as a light/medium/heavy smoker/vaper?

15. wmdjtwtjit

wmdjtwtjit New Member

Back on the Vape train just over a week full time. But it's been in my place for about 6 months on and off, but I kept going bak to ciggies
    I use it with. 1.8ohm coil and about 6 watts. During the day, I use it like I would. Ciggie, 15-20 3-5 second drags 15-20 times a day, and after dinner, I'll sit on the couch, watch tellie and Vape. Can be 2 puffs an hour or 20, just depends what flavour I'm vaping.
    I like this mod partially be.comse I can set the timer, press the button and it'll fire for 4.55 seconds.
    I know a little about a lot, but it's a bloody steep learning curve right now.

16. Coustysaums

Coustysaums New Member

If you are after a best mouth to lung in performance may i suggest this.
    Triton 1.8ohm heads on a original [not v2] Atlantis.
    The V2 atlantis, you can not change the drip tip which is wide bore.[unless you buy an addon]
    http://www.vapeking.com.com/aspire-atlantis-sub-ohm-clearomizer-tank/
    5ml addon
    http://www.vapeking.com.com/aspire-atlantis-5ml-replacement-glass-tank/
    Heads [cheaper when buying bulk]
    1.8ohm you want and they seem to last for ages
    http://www.vapeking.com.com/aspire-triton-replacement-coil/

You want to change the drip tip to something not wide bore [hopefully you have some...comtilus drip tip is good]
    I would recommend the EVIC VTC MINI with the tank and run it at 15 - 16w.
    You will need to purchase some 18650 batteries tho and preferably an external 18650 charger [the next step of performance you would be happy with for mouth to lung]
    The top fill triton tanks just seem to leak a little in the hotter weather we are starting to get and therefore i prefer the atlantis and both use the same coil heads.
    EDIT: pbusardo's review [he is using the triton tank tho but i would recommend using the original atlantis tank and maybe the 5ml addon which is a extra]
    From the 6:35min mark he is reviewing the triton 1.8ohm heads.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbmrdUfYrQY
    Just make sure you prime the heads before using them the 1st time as they are using organic cotton.
    Currently i am using the triton and triton v2 and atlantis with the 5ml tank and i prefer the atlantis tank over the triton tanks in warmer weather due to no leaks and no gurgling that can happen with the top fill system due to getting some liquid inside the chimney which is not hard to do.

17. Uriventee

Uriventee New Member

I can confirm that Ratsacker's advice on the original Atlantis with the 5ml extension tank using the Triton 1.8 ohm coils for a perfect Mouth to Lung vape is 100% spot on.

I use this exact setup at some point in the day, every day. It is easily the best Mouth to Lung experience I've found in 13 months of vaping. I still love my .comtilus tanks with their 1.8 ohm coils too and I use them every day also but the Triton 1.8's in the original Atlantis tank with the 5ml extension is a hands down winner.

As I've mentioned in a few other threads I can't wait for our canuk Vendors to have the new Triton Mini 1.8 ohm Clapton coils in stock as they will also fit the .comtilus tanks and this should improve the Mouth to Lung vape with the .comt's even more.

I can find the new Triton Mini 1.8's in stock at a few os vendors and Vapor Eyes here has the new Aspire Odyssey Mini Kit which comes with the Triton Mini Tank and one 1.8 ohm Clapton coil - but they don't have packs of the replacement 1.8's listed yet.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Another great Mouth to Lung setup is the istick 60watt and Melo 2 tank starter kit. The Melo 2 tank also takes the Triton 1.8 ohm coils and is top side fill. The istick 60 watt mod uses an 18650 battery, replaceable, and is a nice easy straightforward to use mod. It has Temp Control (which I don't use) but its there for when/if you want to experiment down the track.

Victory Vape and quite a few other vendors have this kit in stock in Oz. I have two of them and they get plenty of use. I've had no leaks from the tanks even after leaving one sit in the car for a few hours on a 36 degree day.

18. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Wow, lots of lovely information all of you thanks so much.

It appears I have a few options suggested here. As suggested by Rustdust, Northener, D1git and Holmesy
    *The Joyetech Evic VTC mini with a Kanga subtank mini, batteries and charger.

The other option as per Ratsack and Nicaholic's suggestions appears to be the
    *Triton 1.8's heads in the original Atlantis tank with the 5ml extension addon.

This other last one was suggested by Vaperking website helpstaff.
    *The Kanga subbox nano kit.
    Kanger SubOx NANO Kit | VapeKing

I'd love to hear your opinions whether this last suggestion by the Vapeking Website fella is worth being in the running?

19. bmoretoga

bmoretoga New Member

I have the kanger sobox mini, its a great set up. And it has the rebuildable atomiser included for if your hubby wants to go down that path. You will need a charger and batteries, but its a good starting place that he can grow with as was why i got mine. Im running a rebuildable dripping atomiser on mine (so no tank to hold juice) but i also have the tank there for when im too lazy to drip and want instant vaping happiness. If he doesn't want to rebuild, the replacement coils are cheap too. ☺

Gladstone qld

20. kunerss

kunerss New Member

^^^ ace advice there.