Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Kick internals

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Leslie, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Leslie

Leslie New Member

somebody sent me a dead kick to examine, I am sorry I have forgotten who it was to thank .. CMB ? I think..

anyway, the intention was to rip it to bits and give it a damn good examination, possibly even try and recode one and give a full report on here.. if possible repairing it in the process. it would not go over 3.5W output.

I removed the heatshrink some time ago and then seperated the two top pcbs to access the electronics. this .comsed the pot to fall off, melted the solder on that as well..
    anyway, this reveals an atmega 32 bit micro (I think it was a 32 bit) 44 pin ?? and a bunch of other stuff yet to be identifed.
    the main inductor is somewhat larger than I thought it was, should be easily capable of more than the 10W it uses.

so I put it on the backburner while I did some real work and the pity is that I have not been able to find the main part since i pulled it to bits, if it show up I will continue with it and see what we can discover.. I am sure its in one of those 'somewhere safe' places that most of my stuff ends up in..

2. Dave M

Dave M New Member

Has mental image of Stoney poking thru Blue Heeler poo on the front lawn looking for PCB

3. Anna C

Anna C New Member

When you find your 'safe', could you please look for my missing egot upgrade passthrough end caps, Noe's photo, Fatman's woodville, timmyc's proper wood appreciation and Shpo's missing i?

4. bluemoonmemory

bluemoonmemory New Member

Arg!, i had a stuffed Kick I threw out YESTERDAY ,,you could have had it for your experimentation, I'll keep "bits" in future,