Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Kick discussion

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by MarkusHood, Nov 18, 2015.

1. MarkusHood

MarkusHood New Member

LOL. that might solve the problem , my unkicked paps is eating my 1.2 ohm coil on the DID for breakfast lunch and tea.
    Thanks to vaporize it'll be on a wattage controlled diet very soon :)

2. itarrieli

itarrieli New Member

Sounds like you have some shorts in your coils and wick mate. I build 1.1 ohm coil for my DID and on PAPS with fresh 4.2v battery, not a problem at all. Be careful with short coil as it could damage your new Kick mate. It happened to me before.

Don't think that the Kick is invincible and will sort out your problem with short coil. The main purpose of the Kick is to give you the same wattage every time, doesn't matter what atty you put on the mod. Not to fix your short coil for you.

Please browse through this thread to fix your coil and wick http://forums.canukvapers.com/modding-technical/6834-best-method-recoil-genesis-atty.html

3. James Louis

James Louis New Member

The only thing the kick does is illeviate the need for people to use ohms law for themselves. It provides the same wattage every button press regardless of what you screw onto it. You can do the same with a calculator and 5 secs of your time :)

Voltage x resistance = watts

4. Billgun

Billgun New Member

LOL Pat... I think you are wrong mate. It should be Voltage square divide ohms equals wattage (power)

(Voltage x Voltage) / Ohms = Wattage

5. Mysterio

Mysterio New Member

Well, except once you have done the calculator thing, there is no way to alter the voltage in a standard mechanical tube mod like a paps to get the wattage you want :D

6. Premium_Rush

Premium_Rush New Member

Usable range from 4.1 -3.6 v is a massive variance in taste with my Vk royal ADV. ohms law is a usefull tool, but I'm not making a new coil every time I loose a few points of a volt LOL The kick should give me the consistency I've grown to love with the Zmax and lavatube.

7. DorseyAdkins

DorseyAdkins New Member

the kick has some limits, it can not supply less voltage than the battery voltage (so i hear) and its going to have a limited current output, so i am not sure exactly what it does on a very LR situation or shorted coil .. I guess it either shuts down or takes damage ??

8. trsdgv

trsdgv New Member

Would be handy to have some feedback from anyone on the kicks performance with genesis setups. The 1.2 ohm coil I'm the did was set low without the kick in mind however, and I imagine a highy resistance coil would be in order as Stoney implies.
    I have to say I'm surprised it is only a booster and not a limiter. Maybe a Provari is next on the cards after all.

9. paiscarry

paiscarry New Member

i made this you b.comt meter so we would get all types of cool technical feedback ..
    the silence is deafening :)

could someone with a kick and an ECD meter confirm, minimum output capability .. ie, can the volts be less than the battery. try running at low watts into an LR with a fully charged battery.. will it do it ?
    max output current .. suspect 2.5A, using same LR .. crank it to max and check the current and power, if power is less than 10W then the current is probably at max.

I really should write a hints and tips page for the ECD.

10. Cara

Cara New Member

What he said :)

11. Thistle (BU)

Thistle (BU) New Member

Fresh battery at 4.2v on 2 Ohms would be 8.8 watts and 2.1 amps according to Ohms law, you would have though 5 watts would be achievable with the kick on coil of this resistance. According to altsmoke the kick will handle 1.3 ohms this would be 13.5 watts at 4.2v.
    Hmmm..

12. bmilesqttsay5481

bmilesqttsay5481 New Member

Yeah, sorry. Posting on phone + tired = fubar. :)

13. pchong

pchong New Member

That is totally wrong studiovape. The Kick got it's limitation, it can only go to 10Watts max. So if you want to use 1.3 ohms coil then it will set to 3.6 volts or about.comtomatically. You can't crank the mod voltage up anyway as the Kick regulates the voltage for you depending on your Watt and Atty ohm setups.

Kick limitation: Min 5Watts - Max 10Watts

14. Rahul G

Rahul G New Member

won't fire ? or just limit to 10W.
    I was informed the kick can not do less than battery voltage, in this case, it needs to, thats the question .. what happens.

15. mit endorI

mit endorI New Member

Just limit to 10W... Sorry Stoney... If you set it to 10Watt, the Kick will limit to 10Watts on 1.3 Atty that means it will fire but with 3.6v or about.

So You can't crank your mech mod voltage up anyway. It can regulate lower voltage than the batt, that's why IMR batts are only should used batts with the Kick.

16. albures69

albures69 New Member

no, if the atty is 1.39 then the provari should display 1.3
    if you then add the ECD and the atty, then the total is now 1.49 and the provari should display 1.4, the ECD should always display 0.1Ω less than the provari when used together.

I have found it pretty accurate in general though 0.1Ω out at times is not unusual .. or an issue really.

17. Enigma1299

Enigma1299 New Member

Thank you Stoney for clearing this out. This is why we need the expert :)