Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Kanger Sub Tank

Discussion in 'Vape Tank Talk' started by bluecloud, Feb 15, 2016.

1. bluecloud

bluecloud Guest

Over the past year I have bought 20+ tanks, but for some unknown reason, I keep going back to the first tank I have ever bought, Kanger Subtank mini/plus

I tend to notice that when vaping on Subtank, I get the best satisfaction from vaping for some apparent reason.
    I know it's not the best tank out there and it doesn't produce the best clouds or flavor, but for me it is still number one.

Can someone explain to me why this is happening?

2. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    I'm gonna hazard a guess as to why this is:

Reliability. I always find myself coming back to my subtank because when I wick it properly I'm never afraid of any leaking or dry hits, simple as that.

3. Morgan Wood

Morgan Wood New Member

Device:
    Kangertech Subox Mini
    Juice:
    Juishy Arctic Grape
    I have this tank, and I really enjoy it as well. Although I am a new vaper and the kanger subox mini kit is my first mod, I really like it for some reason. Like you, I don't really know why. It's just a good, reliable tank.

4. Jakeb

Jakeb Guest

I think Kanger is an ok brand, but every time I buy a Kanger product it starts leaking somehow.
    I don't know it may be because I have bad luck, or it's because I am really rough on my vape equipment.

5. Anthony King

Anthony King New Member

Device:
    Sigeli 150W, Arctic tank
    Juice:
    Crunchberry from MtBakerVapor
    I had 2 Kanger tanks, both ended up leaking and had really bad gurgling issues. I went from there to aspire and it was a bit better (had a nautilus), but then I changed over to an arctic tank and I've never looked back. I may have just had bad luck with kanger, or sucked too darn hard on it... but if you ever want a replacement, Arctic is affordable and the new .2 coils hit amazingly well.

6. Talker 12

Talker 12 Guest

That is odd, had my Kanger Plus for 5 months, while using everyday and the ONLY time it leaked was when I took it on the airplane and 3 hours in to the flight I noticed it started leaking.

7. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    Banana Flavored local brand
    I've had three tanks, and two were Kangers. They are very sturdy and do a great job. I'll always look for them going forward if I have to shop for a new tank. Unfortunately, I don't know the model- I just know it fits on an E-Go.

8. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    I triеd vеry lоw wаttаgеs аnd bоth оf thе ОСС соils (.5 аnd 1.2 Оhm), сhаngеd thе аirflоw tо widе ореn, yаddа yаddа, it's still tоо hоt. I'm usеd tо tаking lung hits (аnd I рrеviоusly smоkеd fоr аbоut 12 yеаrs) оn my еmоw stаrting kit аnd wоuld likе tо соntinuе tо dо thаt, but thе subtаnk just burns my lungs. Nоt tаking dirесt lung hits rеduсеs thе issuе, but vарing thаt wаy is nоt аs sаtisfying.

Unlеss I'm dоing sоmеthing wrоng, is thеrе а tаnk thаt рrоduсеs соldеr vаре thаt I соuld try? I dоn't рlаn оn wiсking аny timе sооn sо I guеss thаt limits my орtiоns tо thе Jоyеtесh Dеltа II аnd Аsрirе Аtlаntis. Is thе vаре соldеr with thеsе?

9. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    I had the same problem with the OCC coils, I never set my wattage above 13-18 using those. I build coils now, and the vape is cooler.

I don't know about the Joytech or Aspire tanks, so hopefully someone can help you out there.

10. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Juice:
    I had to giggle a little bit when I saw this because I'm the exact opposite of you. I love Kanger products, but got talked into trying an Aspire Nautilus. The stupid thing had all kinds of issues: spitting, gurgling, dry hits, etc... I could never get it to work right for me. The final straw was when the glass tank would not unscrew from the base; my husband broke it trying to loosen it for me. I chucked it in the trash and started smoking again. When I decided to start vaping again, went to a bricks and mortar shop to get a new tank. The guy working the counter was reaching for a Nautilus as I was telling him I needed a new tank...until I told him that the Nautilus got me smoking again. Then we both agreed that since Kanger products worked for me in the past, the Aerotank would be my best bet.

Then the evil, evil man let me try a Subox.... It took me two months to save up for the Subox, but it was worth every penny. I build my own coils for it, and love every minute of it! I have a Tesla Two mod with a Vortek tank, but my go-to is my Subox.

11. victionicious

victionicious New Member

Device:
    Aerotank Mega with Eleaf iStick 30w
    Juice:
    Hangsen Banana 11mg
    I've got the Aerotank Mega right now and it's pretty good (some issues here and there). Is is that good? Hopefully somebody else here has owned an Aerotank and can tell me if they're similar/which would be better to vape with.

I chuckled at this - I tried a Nautilus once and had the exact same thing. It's weird because it's still a pretty popular tank, so who knows what we did 'wrong'. Either ways, it was a seriously unpleasant tank to use.

12. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Kаngеr hаvе nоw rеlеаsеd thе Subtаnk Plus, whiсh I think thе оriginаl shоuld hаvе bееn саllеd in thе first plасе. Thе Kаngеr Subtаnk Plus is аn imprоvеd vеrsiоn оf thе оriginаl 6ml Subtаnk аnd nоw fеаturеs а 7ml tаnk, imprоvеd thiсkеr о-rings tо stоp lеаking аs wеll аs аn imprоvеd аirflоw systеm. Thе quеstiоn is, is it wоrth gеtting thе Kаngеr Subtаnk Plus if yоu аlrеаdy оwn thе оriginаl аnd if yоu аrе thе оwnеr оf а Subtаnk Mini.

13. daniel hancock

daniel hancock New Member

Device:
    sub-box
    Juice:
    raspberry custard
    I bought the sub tank as my first rebuildable tank and thought it was good at first, but after a while it got to be a real pain to use.
    I think it depends on how you are using the tank, are you using OCC coils or are you making your own. For me, there are lots of things against this tank as well as for it.

Pros:

The tank holds a good amount of liquid, so a tank could last you a good while.
    You can rebuild your own coils, which saves lots of money rather than buying the OCC coils.
    The tank is fairly straight forward to clean and maintain.

Cons:

The flavour in this tank is no where near as good as others I own
    The OCC coild taste horrible, even after a couple of days
    The tank is hard to unscrew at times, especially if its been sat a while
    The rebuild unit is made of thin metal which easily dents and does not screw together without some messing with it.

These are just my opinions of the tank, but if I was to give a rating, it would be a 6/10 overall. The main factor in buying a tank for me has to be the flavour. My best tank right now is the atlantis, I think the flavours with the tank are lovely and really compliment my juice, I do not ever get a burnt taste with it and it runs wells all the time! Sometimes I think it can all be about trial and error though. Like you, I have tried many tanks, but I would not want to use a sub tank again.

14. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    I have a friend that uses that tank and he says that it has an unique flavor, somehow it's way better than the other ones he has tried, I personally tried it and did not convince me at all, it is right that you can build your own coils but there are better vapes in the market that could beat this one, however, if you like that one, just keep using it, everybody has different tastes.

15. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP with Nautilus Mini Tank
    Juice:
    Vaporleaf - Fire & Ice (Cinnamon / Menthol)
    I'm pretty much the same way, except with a Nautilus mini. The little tanks just work for me. I messed around for a long time with various different tanks of different sizes. Spent more than a few months experimenting just to come back around to the first tank I tried. 0o

16. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Juice:
    If he's using OCC coils, then then the "unique" flavor comes from the fact that there is no flavor. The OCC coils for the Kanger Subox are horrid.

I'm sure there are better rba's on the market, but I don't think the Kanger Subox rba is all that bad. I haven't had any problems with it, other than flooding it sometimes. It's not meant to be the best, or complex; it's meant to be a simple intro to subohming and coil building.

17. elatedmist

elatedmist Member

Device:
    Ranger SUBVOD
    Juice:
    Chocolate, Orange Crush
    Yes, Kangertech are widely known for their tank and clearomizer crafts. I vaped in one of these tanks, using a coil at low ohm values (0,6 ohm If I remember well). Also was very sturdy and handy, heavier than others in contrast, but sturdy nonetheless.