Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Just turned 18

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Morgan Wood, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Morgan Wood

Morgan Wood New Member

Device:
    Kangertech Subox Mini
    Juice:
    Juishy Arctic Grape
    Am I the only one that still feels uncomfortable/anxious when buying vape stuff or cigs? I just turned 18 in December, and even though I am of legal age, I feel uncomfortable buying juice or anything else.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way or felt that way when they turned 18.

2. Vaivata

Vaivata New Member

Device:
    Shopping around
    Juice:
    Shopping around
    The first vape set I bought was - ugh! - in a convenience store, and I definitely felt weird. You've spent your whole life up until now being told you are not allowed to buy things like that, so it definitely doesn't feel right. That sensation will pass.

3. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Hell no! By the time I was 18, I had already done way worse than buy vapes. You just gotta own it, walk in the store like you've been there a million times and nobody will question you

4. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    Yeah it might be awkward the first few times but you'll get used to it. It's just like when you're 16 and buying condoms for the first time, you want to do it quick so no one notices you hahah. But yeah don't worry, you're not doing anything illegal and thrust me when I say the cashier (or anyone in the store) care about what you're buying. Welcome to the forum Megan!

5. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    Trust me this happen to a lot of people who recently turn 18. It surely is awkward at first but as time progresses you get used to it. Personally speaking since I was a cashier, we don't really care whose buying what as long as its not illegal.

6. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Well, you now have absolutely nothing to worry about. You're not a minor anymore. You "anxiety" will be gone after 2-3 times. In fact, we all have to do the stuff that enhances our comfort zones. It's necessary to get any success in life.

7. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I used to feel that way when I was 18 as well. The more frustrating thing is, I look super young, like a high schooler. Even in R-18 movies, I was questioned and asked for an ID. Hahahahaha. So I didn't even bother buying in stores that might question me. I used to go to stores that are smaller and are more likely to sell me cigarettes. But now that I vape, I don't worry anymore since I am older already.

8. johnyork

johnyork New Member

Device:
    Cost
    Juice:
    Chocolate lab
    I'm 20 years old and when I turned 18 I felt uncomfortable for like a year afterwards. just keep an id on you and eventually you won't even think that once you were uncomfortable.

missvape likes this.
  9. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    I felt uncomfortable buying cigarettes for a few months, but after that (especially if you tell your parents that you're smoking/vaping), you don't even notice it.

10. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    It is definitely a good idea to have some form of identification with you. And you know, dress maturely as well. This is especially beneficial to folks like me who look like a child when in shorts or t-shirts. Haha. So as much as you can, wear grown up clothes, you know, pants, collared shirts or anything like those. It helps to lessen the questioning of your age.

11. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Hey your 18 now, a young adult and you can do most things that you have always wanted to do now that you couldn't when you were younger. You just got to man up and get it. Do you really want to vape and get other juices or not? You have to go and get it.

12. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Anytime you buy something you have to inhale, you will feel a little uncomfortable. It's also a relatively uncommon and new thing that people just aren't used to. I totally understand your discomfort with buying vapes or e-cigs.

13. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    You should not worry because you crossed 18 years of age. I know it may get difficult at first but with time, you will be habituated. I also faced this situation when I turned 18. The uncomfortableness that you are experiencing is just temporary and it will fade over time. Trust me, the uncomfortableness will go away.

14. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    When I was 18 I was buying e-cigs with friends. For me I personally have had no conciousness about vaping when I was 18 or underage.

15. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Nope, I've been buying cigarettes since I was 16 or so, never had a problem, some people might ask for you ID anyway, that's what made me feel anxious at some points, even after I turned 18. I can't see why you would get a strange feeling, after all you have to be cocky sometimes, to simply not care about other people's opinions.