Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Juice mixing newbie

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by uvdlflh1i, Nov 21, 2015.

1. uvdlflh1i

uvdlflh1i New Member

hey all.New to this all. Just started a week and a half ago. Managed to cut my pack a day smoking habit down to half now! Which is an awesome start.
    I had someone hook kindly help me out with my first liquid while i did my order. Was a 6mg nic, in a 80%VG.
    Though it was good. Realy smooth, but thought id up it a little to satisfy that ex-smoker thing. Decided to go 12mg Nic.

So i thougt id order some premixes from MtBaker. Which arrived insanely fast BTW, ordered Monday morning (using fedex option). Was here Friday morning (Brisbane CBD).
    Anyhoo, realised i ordered 80%PG by mistake instead of VG. So they were all PG80/VG20, at 12 mg Nic.
    On 6 different bottles of pre-mix :(. They're 15ml bottles so not that bad i suppose. I'll get through them.

So the advise im after is taste and feel (which i realise is subjective.)
    In the 80% VG 6mg Nic i got started with... i realised i like the smoothness and the vapour... but could have used a bit more throathit, n maybe nic to satisfy the craving with less vaping.

I was wondering if i just got some plain VG, and mixed some into the premix I got (80PG/12nic), would that help? (i do realize this may dilute the taste a little n the nic, but i reckon i could be happy with the nic at 8 or 10, i think!)

Also has anyone got advise on Mtbaker juice? I ordered with 1 extra flavouring shot, but it still tastes a little lacking. Is this just coz its only 4 or 5 days old and needs time?

2. marknmr

marknmr New Member

Also. The juices seem less "sweet". I read PG enhances flavour. Could this just be be.comse they're all less than a week old? It also leaves a slight heaviness in the chest. Heaviness isn't the eighth word but I don't know how else to word it really.

3. Noe H

Noe H New Member

Hi MMM, good on you for cutting down to half a pack in such a short time, thats great .The heaviness in the chest sounds like the PG level might be too high for you so despite the nic and taste being diluted as you already are aware , it might be worth trying with a small sample to see how it goes.

4. Ackbar

Ackbar New Member

VG is inherently sweet... so that would be the lack of sweet you're noticing in the 80 PG eliquid.
    You could add some VG, but it will mute the flavour.
    Throat hit comes from the nicotine. PG can be irritating to the throat, but in my experience, it doesn't actually give a better throathit at higher ratios.
    50/50 PG:VG is a pretty good option for nearly any of the current generation of clearomisers. Some of them don't cope very well if you increase the VG ratio, as it becomes difficult to "wick", (saturate the fibre which passes through the heating coil) be.comse it is quite thick. You can "thin" it a bit with a few drops of vodka or other neutral spirit if you prefer to vape a higher VG ratio.

Interesting that you're getting the heavy chest sensation with a high PG ratio. I've mostly read that occurs with a high VG content.

5. appalavar

appalavar New Member

Everything the others have said is valid, the variable I would put out there is the device you're using. There's a whole new generation of devices which will chuck a much more satisfying vape, potentially solving your current problem without the need to tinker with your juice.