Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Journey thus far

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by fvfv81, Jul 14, 2014.

1. fvfv81

fvfv81 New Member

Jeebus.... what a learning curve.

Start at the beginning

Turned 40, doctor says "ya gotta kick the smokes." Me, "yeah i know"

Tried it all before,
    hypnosis = junk
    patches = didnt stop cravings or the "hand to mouth"
    the gum = Gotta be kidding
    spray = worse than the gum

So whats left. Well, i was on a trip to the US and came across a guy getting off the smokes as well, he tells me about this "Vape" thing. I asked a few questions got a few answers. But my interest was piqued.

Came home and started to look seriously at it about 3 months later. Came across this site and to me you all may as well have been speaking Farsi. I mean, RDA, box mod, sub tanks, clearos, sub ohm ???? I just wanted to stop smoking.

Walked past a stall in the local market, and a guy is selling these little CE4, "this will stop you smoking, only 25 dollar" I asked some questions about quality, how long will a tank last ? how do i fill it ? what juice is good ?

I suspect now most of his motivation was to sell me junk. Looking back i dont really care now as it was the first step. First set of "market juice" was less than stellar. I dont think i could have spilled more, flooded the crappy tank more or even heard more gurgling. Coils were popping, battery fell apart three times. I ended up glueing it back together. So many rookie mistakes.

I was still smoking, albeit i had gone from 40 winnie blues a day to about 6. I was sucking the guts outa that little CE4 like a $2 hooker at happy hour. I just wasnt hitting the spot.

I came back here and started to read, then i googled all the Farsi you were speaking. My wife thought i was insane. What i did quickly realise is exactly how crap that first ecig was.

Dunno why but i looked up Vape Street canada - Vape Products & Premium Ejuices

Found they had a facebook page link on their website. Cruised on over and sent a message. Was blown away by a speedy response. We spoke for a while before it was suggest to hit up and get an e-leaf and a .comtilus mini. "You will be impressed"

Given my first experience with the local market guy i had some doubts. But i figured it cant hurt right. Anything will be better than smokes or my maguyver effort junk i was vaping.

On the second day a parcel arrived, i was so excited. Like a kid at xmas. The box was opened and i stared blankly at the most b.comtiful and scary thing in my life (besides children) i cast a glance at the ol' CE4 and .comghed with such derision.

I was completely lost. Quick conversations with Vapestreet again, a cursory glance at you tube and here and i was off. In went the "Market liquid", after all it was the only thing i knew. To say i was rendered mute was an understatement. I just sat there, even with the shittiest market juice in this little unit the difference was amazing.

I was straight onto Vapestreet again, i was .comding the qualities of his suggestion. Thanking him to no end. More than likely i was chewing his ear off. During this conversation we established my chioce of juice was shit. I even think the phrase "The juice maketh the vape" may have been uttered.

I now was on a mission "Must find quality liquid." i told the wife. She asked why i couldnt be happy with my market liquid. I sneered, "There has to be something better than this swill" She said i was an idiot. Looking back the statement stands for itself haha

Back to canuk Vapers, looked through and landed on Mt Baker, more conferring with Vapestreet. Juice has been ordered and delivered including a second batch.

I may very well look to mixing some US nic with local suppliers in the near future. But alas at this time i am still merely a rookie

I make mistakes every day, not steeping, just changing liquid with no forethought as to what was in the tank that morning, spilling the gold everywhere. But i am getting better.

I have suffered from vape tongue, followed directions and that is helping, i have brought pointless trinkets to some. I have started to convert mates who smoke the analogues, i sound like a salesman. One of my mates even tagged me in the "You been vaping two weeks and now you're opening a juice shop" picture. I aint, but still .comghed

The long and short is the day John at Vapestreet spoke with me on facebook and i ordered from them and listened to all their advice, changed my life forever. The day it arrived in the post was the last day i smoked a analogue. I havent looked back nor will i. My wife now has an eleaf as does my Father in law. more people ask me about it every day and i can see the same quizzical look on their face that i probably made all those months ago in the USA.

I will probably make mistakes all the way through this journey, i figure if i dont then i aint trying hard enough. But i can be sure that there is a group of people who will offer assistance or knowledge to minimise these errors.

To John and the people behind Vape Street canada - Vape Products & Premium Ejuices i thank you

To the members here at the forums i thank you, even though you may not have even known you helped

To my wife, yes i do need that sub ohm, no i dont fully know what it does but dammit woman, look how shiny it is

:biggrin-new:

2. eric k

eric k New Member

Do you have the address?? PM me please

Your story just about sums it up for most new starts. Thanks for reminding me!

3. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Robray, now i am all blinged out the ol CE4 is retired (or broken). Happy hour is over haha

However if one of my mates starts up i will bring the old girl outa retirement and hook you up

4. WhillaNangind

WhillaNangind New Member

What a great read! That was like a trip down memory lane in many ways. I'm coming up to two years vaping and loved every minute. I fully recommend getting into DIY juice and rebuildables. Enjoy the ride mate!!

5. Pionten

Pionten New Member

Congrats Burdy, great story.

I was lucky enough to have a vendor that was as supportive as yours appears to have been. It makes such a difference. I'm 14 month down the track now without a stinky and although I don't buy from that vendor anymore, I can't thank them enough for all that they did for me.

Some Vendors really are in business to get us off the smokes and when you come across them they need to be praised. Well done Vape Street.

6. vexato

vexato New Member

Reckon the eleaf would be the go to device for starters. I'm using one right now and i've been doing this for over 3 years. You don't even have to buy 2 of them as it'll last all day.