Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Is the DNA-40 going to revolutionize vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by *~cALI gUrL~*, Jul 17, 2015.

1. *~cALI gUrL~*

*~cALI gUrL~* New Member

I just watched the interview with P Busardo and evolv from last month and for the first time in a LONG time, I have to admit I'm really excited about the new DNA 40 chip that is now available. This new chip actually measures the temperature of the coil and will keep the coil from heating up your juice past degradation/ potentially harmful levels. I know there has been a lot of debate regarding the safety of juices and what's in them, but I think we can all agree we know some chemicals are harmful, we just don't know how harmful. This changes things tremendously IMO. If we test juices and find out what temperatures create the most potentially harmful effects we can now adjust our PV's to not allow the coil to fire that hot. And this has nothing to do with the amount of wattage you prefer, as explained in this video it's not about the power, it's about the heat of the coil. This also means ZERO dry hits!! That by itself is a game changer!! I believe this will make vaping even safer than it already is! If you haven't watched this video yet, I encourage you to go to:
    WWW.Tasteyourjuice.com and check out his interview about the new DNA 40 chip, and please, share your comments about it here!

2. ashden

ashden New Member

Will check it out later, ole Phil can spend 15 minutes defining one term and I'm not up for a lost half hour just now.

3. cadnemo

cadnemo New Member

Revolutionize is the correct word! Impressive and another reason we can't let BT or BP get hold of this industry and stifle innovation.

I had trouble finding the video so this link worked for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8j_Za5RaTU

4. appoimiFlanna

appoimiFlanna New Member

Hurry up with the Celsius version already!

5. trebor50

trebor50 New Member

It's already available Laurie. For all the info go to the link for Evolve and click on datasheet to down load the pdf

http://www.evolvapor.com/shop.php

QUOTE=laurie9300;535961]Hurry up with the Celsius version already![/QUOTE]

6. 24fourinaday

24fourinaday New Member

7. rage.mage

rage.mage New Member

I can't say if it is going to change the way we vape. But I have tried it once and I don't see anything different in the way i vapes. I truly think that it is more of a fan club that play it up. I could go either way with chips I have used both the 40 and the SX350 chip and neither really "WOW"" me.

8. altufaltu

altufaltu New Member

I didn't think it will make a huge difference for most after I watched it.

It will be a good thing to annoy people who do research crap research on decomposition products.
    Hopefully Dr Farsalinos get enough money to do a proper study https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e-cigarette-research-temperature-of-evaporation
    Looks like donations will fall short. It's strange because this is a very important study.

I think the temp control works by measuring the drop in resistance at temp increases. Haven't read anything on it, just my guess from basic electronics. Could also be something to do with inductance considering coils of 0.1ohms is the most efficient.

9. Wis.Devil Dog

Wis.Devil Dog New Member

I wondered about why that study seems to be failing in getting in funds a bit and wondered if it hasn't got a bit to do with the dilactyl (sp? dammit) research he did not so long ago. In so far as the first research he did confirmed peoples ideas about ingredients in ecigs but also created a small movement of people who want to limit flavorings which might be affecting how many want to help with this new research

The other thing I thought was that many people especially the newer non hobby ones or ones that have settled on premade coils wouldn't be seeing this new study as affecting them at all and so simply dont care

Pity

10. LorieBlal

LorieBlal New Member

I read he is asking for donations preferably from the industry and not from users. I think that is another reason why donations are falling short.

He wants to test all sorts of wire and the DNA40. I've been waiting for this ever since it hinted at several months ago.

11. DimiPemi

DimiPemi New Member

Well that would be another thing I guess .. profit margins ..

12. Socky

Socky New Member

I just found out that owners of the RDNA Vaporshark can send back their DNA 30 RDNA mods for the DNA40 upgrade at a price of $99.99, you will receive your upgraded 40watt rdna AND your old dna30 board back. WOW!

http://www.vaporshark.com/advanced/rdna-upgrade

13. I think the DNA 40 is revolutionary because it makes sub-ohming safe (idiot proof) as well as affecting liquid safety. People can still vape with kanthal as usual but have options which they don't have now. I am puzzled why people don't recognise how important this is to shut up people who say vaping is unsafe because of battery safety and thermal degradation of liquids. I donated to Dr Farsalinos because I would rather have someone pro-vaping doing the research that will be done by someone hostile in the future with government money. Glantz perhaps.

14. loocuouro

loocuouro New Member

I agree Eyeyeye, and I think that temperature control will be the new standard. We won't even have to care about wattage or volts, just set the mod to a temperature that you like and presto... The wattage/voltage game is over... Good things are coming!

15. Dianne G

Dianne G New Member

Wattage still exists, except it now has temperate control.

e.g. You can set the temperature of your house heater but you also set it to low, medium, high.

16. pittymarleyay2708

pittymarleyay2708 New Member

I am waiting to see were all this new technology goes I do like the over temp sensor and the big one for me is the step down technology.

17. ZackMorris

ZackMorris New Member

I believe that there is a reason that funding has been falling short on a lot of research requests. In the past there has been MANY people that have claimed that they were going to do lab studies and they were going to prove things with studies. They ask for money and then it never comes to fruition. There was one case where some one was asking for quite a bit of money and after getting that, the lab screwed the whole study up and they had to start over asking for more money. It only took YEARS for this study to finally be complete after lots of outcry asking where the money went.

So there may be a reason for that.... people still have a bad taste in their mouth.