Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Is It Politically Feasable?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by rz3300, Mar 27, 2016.

1. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well, I did not know any other word to use. I sat there for a bit and thought about the word after politically, and I could not think of anything, but I was getting at was do you think it is politically feasable for a candidate to vape? Do you think that it would be a matter of contention? Would it come up?

I just think that it would be an interesting case to look at when it comes to our culture and what we think of the issue. Candidates who smoke we have seen have to adjust, and so I am just wondering about his new little trend.

What do you think would happen if a candidate vaped?

2. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Well, I don't think it really matters. Sure, If candidate himself/herself is great this will promote vaping to some extent. However, If he/she is not that good at politics... some journalists will even mention vaping as a bad habit he/she suffers from.

3. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I think a lot of people have a lot of misconceptions about vaping. A lot of the older people may see it as some type of drug use. Older people make up a big part of the voting electorate, so it may not be very wise for a candidate to vape publicly.

4. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I think it would pretty hilarious to see a politician vaping. You imagine a senator smoking indoors? "Man, it's not smoke and it smells good. Stop it. We need laws for this." And then there would be a huge argument and they'd get it from some tobacco billionaire if they didn't quite vaping, I could see it being a movie now...lol

5. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Rep. Duncan Hunter was seen vaping during a congressional hearing. I think they said he was the first person to ever vape inside a congressional building. I'm not sure what the reaction was though, but it was reported by the media.

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  6. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    I know that a lot of politicians try to hide when they are smoking, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure of what the reaction would be if a candidate was seen to be vaping. I actually think it might be viewed in a positive way, because it would be clear that they were trying to do everything that they could in order to improve their health and lives - but I also know that a lot of people might not see it in this way. It will certainly be interesting to see how issues like this develop in the near future!

7. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I honestly don't think that there would be a political candidate that would vape openly. There are too many people that see it as smoking. It would give the advantage to the opposition and something to attack him on.

8. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Nothing, the world would simply run its course as it did before. Obama also used to be a smoker (I don't know if he presently is), yet no one seemed to care about that, as long as one does his or her jobs proper, I can't have a problem with the world for something like vaping/smoking. After all, everybody is free to do what they want as long as it doesn't bother the person next to them.

9. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel

I think that's hilarious. I am pretty sure that in a building like that, people can still kick him out, but I have to imagine that it would be in bad form if there was no actual law or clearly stated rule saying that he couldn't. Score one for us lol :)

10. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Well, I'd have high respect for him for trying out a better alternative than smoking. Our country's president actually smokes and he gets a lot of negativity around it. He had to smoke in secret or else critics will criticise him so bad. As a politician, of course, you're really a role model to a lot of people so it's understandable that any vices would be reflected bad against you.

Since vaping isn't necessarily accepted yet, I doubt that a politician vaping would make people admire him. Apart from a few of us that vapes, not a lot of people understand that vaping has a lot of benefits. But of course, for those of us that know, I think we'd regard that person or politician as a radical since he is into something that not a lot of people have accepted yet.

11. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    That's the big problem a politicians image is everything, if the majority his voters vaped he wouldn't have problem vaping in public, but as you said only a handful of people actually know the benefits of vaping in relation to smoking.