Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Increasing the density of the vape?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by stevengb3, Sep 5, 2015.

1. stevengb3

stevengb3 New Member

Is it possible to increase the density of the vapor? Right now i am unsatisfied with the "weight" of the vapor.

Don't get me wrong, I get a satisfactory amount of vapor on my joye 510 now and im happy with the flavour. Just missing that density.

2. Orotek

Orotek New Member

I'll be the first the state the obvious starting point - are you using PG or VG? VG gives much better quantity.

If I'm misunderstanding and you just want the vapor to be "heavier" then you might just be out of luck. Vapor is MUCH lighter than smoke as there are no solid particles in there - just water vapor. That's why you can only do shit like good vape rings in a still room. If there is any draft the vapor will dissipate very quickly.

3. sgrag3003

sgrag3003 New Member

I understand what you mean by "weight" - it's something I like in my vape.

The only definite way I know to get better density is to increase the ratio of VG in the mix. I vaped 100% VG for a while and the vapour was thick enough to chew! Unfortunately however, it started comsing congestion and I had to drop back to about 30%.

4. Heremsfgu

Heremsfgu New Member

If you went to an ego with an Low resistance set up, or to a higher voltage device then you will see a significant increase in vapor and depending the equip warmth as well compared to your 510. Using more VG will increase that again.

Be careful what you wish for though. Once you go up and get used to more, you cant go back down. Most of us can attest to that. Like going from winfield white to blue/red smokes. I certainly enjoy the extra vapor but a big day of chain vaping I will also feel it in my lungs.

5. bajnessjnra4154

bajnessjnra4154 New Member

Yep, i like a dense warm vape.... Tried Low Resistance Atties first, then gradually upped the VG ratio to get more vapour.... I can fog up a room with a decent VG mix and a LR 306 :)

You do bit to be a little careful with VG as it does "dull"flavours a bit and you may need to compensate with a stronger flavour.

6. Daydrig

Daydrig New Member

One odd thing Ive found with 100% VG is the amount of 'water' droplets that form in my nose when I exhale, especially if I chain vape for a bit, almost gives the visual effect that I have a cold. Is this amount of fluid bad for the lungs ?.

7. denence

denence New Member

Not sure but after a big day of vaping at 5v sith high VG conent, I have that same tight chested/pain lung feeling that I used to get with smoking. If i dont use as much VG and use lower voltages I dont get it as much. Too much of a good thing i guess.

8. dizzctopa4465

dizzctopa4465 New Member

Thats why I had to chuck in vaping 100% VG ,

After about two weeks I found myself feeling as congested as I did when on the darts. The final straw was waking up with a sharper version of the chest soreness I used to get. 24 hours on 100% PG and the pain went, and the congested feeling had started to recede.

I find I can get by just fine on 20-30% VG, and can do a tank of 100% VG now and then with no problems.

All part of the learning process I guess. It seems we all react differently to to the various mixes.