Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

If the choke on your EPM tank gets killed from juice....

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by chris c, Sep 13, 2015.

1. chris c

chris c New Member

I had my choke in the EPM tank recently crack and break after it discoloured from use with Gummy Bear juice. There's another thread that lists the juices known to effect some polycarb tubing.

After contacting Eric with a "please help" request I realised that I had everything I needed to help myself. Thanks anyway to Eric for his always prompt and courteous offers to help a customer in distress!

I realised that I had some clear dual coil carto's sitting here. One that was used. I tend to keep everything these days, useds or not, as a lot of things remain useful.

The dual coil turned out to be the exact diameter as the choke that broke so I cut a piece the correct size with a sharp knife. Cleaned up the edges a bit, transferred the o-ring, drip tip and silicon ring from the old choke to the new one and Bingo. All fixed. Put a couple of bends in the bottom to keep the silicon washer from falling out with a pair of pointy nose pliers and all is well. She vapes like a champ again.

Here's some pics of the new choke with some reference pics of what happened to the old one in the offending juice.

Discolouration of old choke, it was brittle, cracked, and not functioning well.
    Left of the o-ring is what it normally looks like, right is the portion that was killed by the offending juice:

[​IMG]

New choke (bottom) with old (top) for reference:

[​IMG]

New choke vertical view:

[​IMG]

New choke back in EPM tank:

[​IMG]

Easy enough to do for anyone with a spare clear dual coil and a Stanley knife.

Cheers,

Arkay.

2. <3OnLy 1 WaY Up<3

<3OnLy 1 WaY Up<3 New Member

nice work (ten characters)