Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

I need some help!

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by aliychechka, Jul 7, 2015.

1. aliychechka

aliychechka New Member

We are in desperate need of a "starter kits" section here, and I was going to take this on trying to use our vendors as much as I could.
    Problem is, I don't know much about them anymore! I started out with 808's, then went right into mods and carto tanks and now pretty much just use rebuildable equipment. I don't like clearo's or fluxo's, so I really, other than the Aspire Nautilus, don't have much good to say about them.
    I love the idea of Ego's, but got tired of throwing things away, so moved on to replaceable batteries.
    So the best thing I could think of, was to ask people what works for them, and why! Please list up suggestions to new users that you would think are good (trying to use the criteria above as much as you can), post it here and I will organize and compile it into a hopefully useful thread.
    Thank you guys so much, we are trying to make this place better every day!

2. captguinness

captguinness New Member

I think Sawlight is outside is comfort zone of expertise. I started on ego twists and vivi-novas so I'm not too much help either. I KNOW we have some newer members that can help us out, so please post up what your using and if you like it, and why. Thanks guys!!! And make sure you make fun of Saw for not knowing everything!!! What was he thinking!!!

3. herb7nation

herb7nation New Member

I personally prefer stick batteries. Went through a lot of different 808/vgo stuff since I started a year ago, and have used a bunch of different ego stuff as well. I like the portability factor of ego style stuff and the ease of use, I'm not a tinkerer.

As far as toppers go I like triton tanks for 808 batts or kanger t2 for ego threads. They are by far the easiest with the best flavor in top coils.

For 100% vg juices evods win for performance, but they tend to mute the flavor.

Cartos when filled properly give excellent flavor, hence the reason for carto tanks. They're cheap and disposable, but they don't last long.

I had a cheap ego kit from caterpillar vapes and it was obviously a knock off. It rarely worked right and the ce4 clearomizers that came with the kit were awful. I realized after filling one it had little wick shreds floating in the juice. Scared me enough I threw them all out.

Kanger t3s work fairly well if you like a cold vape but they tend to leak more.

Honestly if I had a beginner come to me and ask, I'd recommend the halo triton kit. Although the triton has different threading, between halo and smokeless image there are tons of options for hardware now, way more than when I started just over a year ago. And the performance from the tritons is one of the best I've used. The evod kits are nice as well, just a bit cheaper, but I noticed more of a difference on it from freshly charged to dead. Obviously a twist or vv would help that though.

I know a lot of people on the forums jump into mechs and all that, but I'd bet there are a lot of people that stick with ego styles. They would be less likely to stick around a forum once they find what works for them. In the same breath it's just not quite enough for some people. Sometimes it's you don't know what you're missing til you try it.

4. arturpierre

arturpierre New Member

Always, your awesome!! Thanks for the info!!!

5. thlrvicwsvda

thlrvicwsvda New Member

Thanks! Yes, there are a lot of people using EGO's, and with more and more people starting up, I expect to see membership grow and this is an area we think is lacking, so we would like to improve it.

6. azerus

azerus New Member

Some random thoughts to start with...

Ok, so I became quite enthusiastic about trying out different clearos in the beginning of my vaping journey and have tried quite a few including MT3, CE4, Evods, T3S and have now settled on Aspire ET-S BDC for my daytime, in the office, vaping needs.

Clearos like MT3 and CE4 I wouldn’t even bother with – leaking, gurgling, difficult to clean, muted taste, etc.

Many people are very happy with Evods and they do work well. They have caused me some initial frustration due to leaking – this was solved using this fix: http://godofsteam.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/how-to-fix-kanger-evod-leakinggurglin g-issues/. It’s a durable little clearo with a large following.

From all the clearos I’ve tried Kanger T3S would win hands down if it was glass. They last a long time, provide a decent vape, I have not had a single leak in 4 months that I used them for. The draw is a bit airy and may be too much for some. It’s cheap, holds a substantial amount of juice and it does what it was designed to do. The two drawbacks are that it is plastic and with the thicker, higher VG juices, you may need to pull the coil apart and take out the top flavour wick, otherwise wicking may be too slow and lead to dry hits. For people that do not like fiddling with coils as long as your juice contains 65%+ PG you should be fine.

So, about two months ago there was a lot of discussion about Aspire ET-S BDC and I don’t use any other clearos at the moment (I do drip in the evening at home using RBA). It is a nice and neat design, it looks good, it is glass, so there are no juice limitations, it is easy to clean as top and bottom can be unscrewed, so you are left with a tube, threading is user friendly and juice doesn’t go onto the thread – unlike other clearos, once you’ve had a few practice runs, it is easy to refill without making a juicy mess (in the Aspire the threading is on the outside of the main tank piece, so the refill doesn’t go on the actual threading…

We all know that taste is very subjective, and while some people prefer bakery juices others go for menthol or tobacco or fruit or plain. In my opinion the same applies to clearos. T3S will provide a cooler and more airy vape (I like this for methol juices) while Aspire’s draw is tighter and warmer (this is excellent for bakery juices and it provides that real apple pie experience for example).

For the batteries a good starting point would be variable voltage Vision Eternity or Ego Twist. I still use the 1300mAh and two of them easily last me through the office hours. Vision has recently brought out a 1600mAh version and there is also a Smok Aro Winder (1500mAh).

So, my suggested starter kit would contain at least 2 x variable voltage ego batteries, two ego USB chargers, either 2 X Kanger T3S or 2 x Aspire ET-S BDC clearos, or both, and do not forget to buy replacement coils as this often is the case with new starters.

Just my humble 2 cents…:D

7. RiffGymmecy

RiffGymmecy New Member

Thanks Mushymush, your awesome too!!! Ok, from here on out, anyone who posts some info just automatically know that your awesome as well!!! LOL

Thanks for your input guys!!!

8. Spacko123

Spacko123 New Member

I would agree with Mushymush. I happen to use the evod clearos and are happy with them but as MM said, each to their own. Also don't forget to recommend some spare coils. They generally come in a 5 pack.

9. xyakcsw8g

xyakcsw8g New Member

Not fair MM, you edited and made my suggestion above redundant!

10. PastorTom

PastorTom New Member

Want me to fix that for you?:judge:

11. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Na, mm is a good egg. I'll save that favour for a bad egg! Thanks anyway:)

12. Labeabsep

Labeabsep New Member

My edit was only a change from "they" to "the"... Tapatalk shmapatalk... :fun:

13. bonzybuddy

bonzybuddy New Member

I don't understand half this post (nothing to do with you Mushymush). It is probably impractical but as a absolute beginner I would love to be able to understand the jargon and would love a list of parts (maybe with pics) describing their function briefly and the difference between other similar parts used for the same purpose. There is a list of definitions somewhere on this site but it doesn't cover all the jargon. I just get confused because there are so many options. I bought a starter kit but I wouldn't have a clue what sort of battery it is. It took me a while to understand what a drip tip is because everyone seems to know and I have to hunt around the web for definitions. I am the only vaper I know so I can't ask anyone else. I hope this makes sense.

14. SoneeDaf

SoneeDaf New Member

No, that makes perfect sense, and that will come in the completed thread, this is just a discussion on gear to recommend to new vapors, not the recommendation thread.
    I'm sorry about the confusion.

15. Griffyn

Griffyn New Member

Hey eyeeye, if you have questions about the latest Jargon, just post it up here and we will be happy to help. We love questions!!!

16. rccoogv5h

rccoogv5h New Member

17. davesa

davesa New Member

Hey eyeyeye! Please don't be afraid to ask any questions, we're glad to help! What do you currently use?

18. oghr

oghr New Member

Thanks Thomasis. As soon as I know what I want to know I will ask.

19. VIVEK

VIVEK New Member

Or can you post a picture?

20. MarcellusHardin

MarcellusHardin New Member

It makes perfect sense. I mumble when I talk and I mumble when I think :smiley5K:

The vaping 101 thread that Sawlight intends to put together is a great idea. The variety of options may intimidate any would be vapers even before they start. On a number of forums that I've seen whenever somebody new asks for advice 1000 options are offered in return and vapers start debating about what's the best option leaving a newbie even more confused...