Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

how to wire this bugger

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by CaroleAcevedo, Sep 26, 2015.

1. CaroleAcevedo

CaroleAcevedo New Member

2. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

The voltage tester you bought may not work on the output of your buck-boost reg as it's designed for 2S to 6S batteries (2S being 2 cells in series) which would usually mean about 5 volts minimum. As a test try connecting a 3.7 volt battery to pins 1 & 3.

3. Taufiqur

Taufiqur New Member

you guys are just so sexy when you talk technical :)

4. Luna

Luna New Member

whats the chippie on the buck-boost .. it looks like a LM2577, but is there another chip on there as well ? lm2577 is just step up from what i can see unless they been sneaky with it.
    certainly got 2 inductors .. so is there another reg on the back of the board ?

I haven't used one of those voltage meters, from what I can see though, its designed for series cells and each cell is connected to the next pin. As jonny says, since 2s is its lowest amount then its likely it will want 6V+ on pin 3 to provide power to the brains and then read a lower voltage on pin 1 as well .. not 100% sure.
    If thats the case, then could power pin 3 from your boost converter and pin 2 from the battery. available data is a bit short though .. it may just melt ;)

5. cbear

cbear New Member

-ve to the pin marked -ve, +ve to the #1 pin.....

I have a couple of the attie-adapted jobs here

6. ttucker420

ttucker420 New Member

Iv ordered 2 differant ones that should work so I now have 3 of the displays that won't get used so if u want them(free) johnny let me kno and ill drop them off to you they are so cheap its not worth posting and johnnie lives near me

7. mahadi

mahadi New Member