Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How to switch from morning smoke to vape?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by NadwayBed, Sep 9, 2015.

1. NadwayBed

NadwayBed New Member

Hi guys,

Hoping you can share your experience or give some advice...

i havent been forcing myself to vape I'm sorta letting my transition to vaping unfold by itself and over the last week I've noticed I'm reaching for my vape instead of reaching for my lighter whenever i feel like i need nicotine. :welcoming: Last few mornings I've been keeping count and I'm having 2 smokes in the morning and one just after breaky, but otherwise I'm vaping for the rest of the day.
    Have done a little reading about the first vape being very harsh, but i think for me its too harsh to vape early in the morning and that''s why I'm still smoking ciggies.

Any ideas or suggestions? Is this normal? What about your experience with morning vape?

Thanks in advance :)

2. jykc7wukd

jykc7wukd New Member

If your using a variable wattage / variable voltage device - turn the volts / watts down a bit somewhere between - 5-10W or 0.5 - 1 Volt. As your just starting out don't go changing your nic strength too much but I found when I first started out I had to have a tank full of lower strength nic to give me less throat hit first up in the morning and then I would switch out to a higher strength nic as I left the house for the day to stop me panging for a durrie.

If you have something like an SX Mini / Provari you can achieve the same thing with the boost settings. i.e turn it from normal to soft on the SX ot lower the boost on the provari.

I hope that helps - you do get used to it though I think as I have cut the nic away (progressively) I can just pick up and go nowdays although if I have had a big night on the cans I tend to drop it down a bit in the morning.

3. invisiblex

invisiblex New Member

Sounds like you need to turn the power down a bit first thing, or if you're using a mech, maybe make up a small batch of weaker juice.

I was just the opposite when I started. For the first week or so I just couldn't get the system started without a smoke. Turned out a stronger mix got the job done.

We're all different and sometimes a bit of fiddling about is needed to get the system running smoothly.

4. Pseudonym

Pseudonym New Member

thanks for the quick replies

it sounds like such a simple answer. ill try turning it down in the morning and if that doesnt work ill try different nic levels.

At the moment I don't want to switch tanks often coz then id tell myself CBF and then i wont do it and itll go downhill. As much as im not trying to force myself to vape, i still want to get off the ciggies sooner rather than later! :D

5. Water_Resources

Water_Resources New Member

Do you eat and/or drink anything before the first vape/ciggy?

6. RuL

RuL New Member

Bugger
    Morning vape is the best
    Strawberries and cream wake an vape Yum

What juice are you trying to vape in the morning Ninja ??

7. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

One option is to get hold of a cheap dripper for the morning hit if you need to change juice. One top up should be enough to get you started.

8. harry g

harry g New Member

I was the opposite
    Used to dry heave with the first smoke with coffee for the day
    Not anymore

9. pleriax

pleriax New Member

sorta. My normal routine is to wakeup, rinse then light up! So im not eaitng or drinking but i have something

10. Jen K

Jen K New Member

ive read and seem some videos about dripper. i wouldnt mind giving this a go eventually, read some where that newbies should stay away from drippers until they know what their doing. So i havent looked into it since

why cant my lungs act like urs??

11. vasaie

vasaie New Member

Were all different
    Keep in mind i only mouth to lung
    And i do also have a preffered morning vape

12. Blondie B.

Blondie B. New Member

I might be as simple as overnight dehydration. Make sure you are not dehydrated before you go to sleep and drink water when you wake up. That will help sooth a dry throat

13. ciyfvxk9u

ciyfvxk9u New Member

I used to wake up and light a smoke, now I get up and have coffee and start vaping with the coffee, vaping first up without coffee tastes horrid.

14. AllisonNH

AllisonNH New Member

I was the same. The first smoke in the mornings was the hardest to stop, then I'd let it go until I had my litre of water on waking.
    After that, the Vape came out, something Ng nice and strong like French toast @18mg and I was good to go on my all day once I got to work

15. robertospetrova4834

robertospetrova4834 New Member

Oh I also had to turn down the airflow a lot in the morning. But I never turned down the wattage. Maybe I should have hahaha

16. uxposter

uxposter New Member

I wrote about my experience with making the switch over to complete vaping here - Out with the Old, In with the New | | Gaelyne's Home Suite Home -- it's a bit dated though. It was just before variable voltage vaping became a thing. It might help you. That morning cigarette was the hardest one to let go of. I had to be completely out of cigarettes to make that change - with no easy way of getting any.

Maybe you can turn your CBF around so that you cbf to light a cigarette be.comse vaping is easier? That might help. ;-D

17. abbbypetrova1225

abbbypetrova1225 New Member

I agree
    Just don't buy cigarettes
    When there gone there gone
    I'm thankfull when I save $30 every time I walk past the smoke counter
    Takes some getting used to :hopelessness:

But that's me
    I had reasons for some serious motavation to quite
    I just didn't buy more

Wasn't super easy but I got there in the end and I doubt I would never smoke again

18. Kyrckus

Kyrckus New Member

I didn't know dehydration could affect ones vaping experience. Then again I've always been the type of person who drinks for much water. Thanks for the tip. :) will keep that in mind next time I have a big night out

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

19. Thank you! i will have a read, im sure that it cant hurt. And youre right, vaping is easier than lighting up a ciggie.

whats your preferred morning vape? i have 2 tanks now, so i might use the spare for my morning juice? is that sorta what you do?
    the other habit i have GOT to kick is buying my daily energy drink. i walk into the corner shop and pick up a my smokes & 2 cans of mother! if i dont go in to buy either of those things i think that'll work. Im gonna see if i can do this starting tmrw for first day back at work for 2016

i didnt know either! thanks Crisscross, i am the opposite of ADA, i prefer to drink the least amount of water possible :p

20. Mommy_of_3_boys

Mommy_of_3_boys New Member

Dehydration and thirst creates an increase in the saltiness of your saliva. This has a few impacts for vaping. It can negate some sweet flavours, this salty saliva can make your sinuses and throat more sensitive along with ulcers and some mouth irritants.

Google symptoms of dehydration or salty saliva lots of information. I personally think it has a lot to do with vapers tongue. No proof just something I have noticed.