Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

how much did u smoke - how much do u vape

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Captain Falcon, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon New Member

Gday. Just looking to see how much liquid i could expect to go through as a new vaper. Currently i smoke 15 cigarettes a day of rollies in 12mg strength. Im waiting for my mvp2 and 12mg strength liquid to arrive

From smoking to vaping roughly how much did u smoke and how much do u now vape? I know that everyone is different and i read u could compare it to about 2-3ml of liquid day for an average person. Can anyone enlighten me. Thanks guys

2. couttnoholf

couttnoholf New Member

I am two months into vaping myself and I was a pack a day smoker I would relate 3-5mls max a day to a pack a day smoker at 12mgs if you are going for Nic alone. myself however I really enjoy the feeling, the flavors and the ability to vape inside, be.comse of the convenience of it and how enjoyable I find it I actually vape 9-15mls a day at 12mgs but I would be considered a very heavy vaper.

In my experience we vape alot more than we smoked due to the much better experience and convenience it gives us.

3. Maxim #1 Sexyest Goddess

Maxim #1 Sexyest Goddess New Member

I see i see, i wouldnt be vaping in doors myself, i work outside and i know my wife would still prefer i vape outside so my habits probably wouldnt change too much. 10mls a day seems like alot. Do u order just nicotine and mix it here or do u order premixed with nicotine? as i am not sure the amount u are allowed to import at a time containing nicotine due to our rediculous laws

I ordered about 160mls of 7 different flavours. Is there a limit on ml's imported over a period of time?

4. about site

about site New Member

20 to 30 a day, peter styvo classic blues was my pick... Im vaping 5 or so mls of 18mg a day...

5. Dreoughom

Dreoughom New Member

2 cartons of jps 26s per fortnight & I'd always need around 2 - 3 extra packets
    Averaged around $250 per fortnight
    I chain vaped for the first few months, but now go through about 10-20 mls per day pending my mood/ what I am doing :)
    I'd say I go through roughly $30 a week... But then....
    So many mods..... So many shiny things taking advantage of my already addictive personality and pre disposition to collect things,now looking for any justification to get this or that haha you all know what I mean.
    But health wise.... Extra years with my kids...my wife... My family, I'd much rather it this way.

6. susan s

susan s New Member

1-1 1/2 packs of marly reds per day ( so 20 - 30 )
    2-3mls of 18mg liquid on a bad day, today was actually with arvo beers etc 2ml

7. obtainc

obtainc New Member

I was about 250 8mg cigs a week, I currently vape maybe 3-10 ml a day....
    One thing to take into account is the device you are using - when I first started on ego's I was thinking a 10ml bottle would last me through an ice age!
    Then with my first evic VV/VW and a .comt tank, I jumped to 2-3ml a day...

With drippers, mechs and the different coil builds - I get up to 10ml usage a day...

It;s one of those things really - if cost is a concern (and unless you are one of the packers, it almost always is) import nic and mix your own when you are ready to do so - the cost plummets from that point on.

8. I smoked about 20 winnie blues a day, been vaping exclusively for a bit over 2 months now.

It really depends on my activities - when I work, I just take my clearos plus I can only vape on breaks, so about 2-3mls these days. When at home I almost exclusively use my dripper and vape inside, so it's more like 5-7mls per day.

Oh, and I vape at 9mg/ml.

It's gonna vary for everyone man. I'd suggest getting unflavoured nic (just chuck it in the freezer) and buying locally made doublers. The canuk doublers are cheap and tasty, arrive quickly and don't cost you an arm and a leg in shipping.

9. wiemercats

wiemercats New Member

I smoked between 20-30 very thin rollies a day.

i vape between 3-5ml a day of 12mg.

leberdj 12mg cigarettes does not translate to 12mg strength of nic juice. There was a really excellent stickied thread in the New Vapers section that explained how the number of cigarettes a day translates to amount and strength of nic juice for vaping. But for some reason I can't find it. Nor can I find the other threads by Noe? Does anyone know where they went?

10. Good bloody question... I dunno where I'd be now if I didn't have that thread to read a few months back...

11. clauddashaste

clauddashaste New Member

Ah see thats something i didnt know either i just assumed it was the same. Cost isnt a massive deal to me. Its not like i go shit im spending too much on smokes. I spend roughly 50-60 a week which compared to some people i know isnt much. That thread if u can find it might shed some light. So it costs mr around $8 a day on smokes. I could only work out without doing it yet i should be somewhere around $2 a day. Big difference

12. Trenit

Trenit New Member

13. Mister Muest

Mister Muest New Member

While I am in no way in law enforcement or have researched the laws extensively I can say with confidence that the limit is 3 month PERSONAL supply yet it is more of a guide line (your 3 month supply would be different to mine and everyone else). As long as you don't import a bloody Barrel of nicotine you should be fine for personal use, I have a Zamble Box (juice sub service) of over 100mls coming in every month, I personally have just gotten into buying Nicotine alone to post mix at home (With Vape King doublers, personaly I just add 1.2ml of 100mg/ml nic to every 10ml juice and dont dilute with pg/vg) as buying premixed nic juice from the US can get pricey. (although nothing has topped my bottles of Unicorn Blood by Fuzion Vapor, I'll be ordering another 120mls of that this week.

I have also bought over 200 mls of premixed juices from the US. I know other people on the forums also have easily had no problem importing a litre of nicotine so you should be fine.
    If you are worried about it however you could just split your orders up into multiple packages (ofc that would incur more shipping cost and is not really needed at all).

I agree with what others have said also, it really depends on what you're vaping on. I was using my standard ego twist and a Kanger mini protank 3 and was going through maybe 2 mls a day if that. As soon as i got my .comtilus mini and a better battery I was starting to go over 5...6...7mls a day as the .comtilus mini absolutely chugs the juice like nothing else (in my opinion).

14. archtitan

archtitan New Member

Most importantly for a new vaper I would highly highly suggest you check out Zamble Box (google, youtube ect) as like myself and others you will probably buy many many juices that you may or maynot even use just to find that niche of juices you are really keen on. Zamble Box sends you 6 or 11 bottles of juice at a stupidly reduced price and at whatever nic level you want, all within a "Flavor guideeline" that you setup before you order. It really lets you taste a wide range of juices you would probably never have even thought to try or look for. Plus at 45 bucks or so (a month for the standard 6 bottle subscription) it is quite cost effective and should last a new vaper like your self almost if not the month before your next ZB comes in the mail.

p.s I am not affiliated with them in any way I just love their service.

15. baoghwkdfp

baoghwkdfp New Member

ditto noes guide, simple version is 1 cig = 1 mg, so 15 smokes a day to 12mg would be just over 1 ml

on importing, there is no limit

the 3 month rule is if your state bans it to get it on prescription

16. gosh137

gosh137 New Member

Are you 100% sure of this as I have been told from many many sources that there is actually a limit of 3 months personal supply for nicotine (ciggies or otherwise) (I am in NSW) I have also not heard of any packages stopped though.

That quote directly relates to e-cigarettes not Liquid Nicotine or Ejuice from what i can see.

17. horsti666

horsti666 New Member

Double your nic, so 12mg cigs = 24mg nic juice to start with, you will want that strength and throat hit initially to stay off the cigs and just vape vape and vape, then after you've made it through the transition period adjust your nic from there to your liking, as for importing nic just order whatever you like, should have no issues with that.

edit: i was smoking 12mg cigs around 3 packs of 35 per week now i vape around 10ml of 18mg a week but i use snus at work so that reduces my vaping a bit, without the snus would probably be more like 20ml a week.

18. tr90814

tr90814 New Member

Back when I smoked in 2012 I would down a packed of Longbeach Fine 4mg in 2 days. I dare say I vape a lot more than I smoked, Probably a toot every 5 or so minutes during the day unless I am in meetings etc.

19. voyeurboy

voyeurboy New Member

4 months ago i was easily going through a 40 pack a day of Horizon Red and probably around $200 a week. Now after getting my nic juice from os , set up gear and getting local doublers from vapoureyes and some premixed flavours from yaelic i am sitting at around 10-15 mls a day at 24 mg strength. I must admit that my intake went up from 5ml with my beginners evod2 kit once i got my mini .comt and arerotank and my vv/vw devices. But the overall weekly cost is probably averaging well under $10 a week and the impact on my health &family is huge.
    Still not quite ready to step up the flavour and lower the nic level, but there are plenty of little brown bottles tucked safely away in the freezer for years to come if need be.. and havent had the urge to even bother with a stinkie even when around other smokers.

20. Hornedef

Hornedef New Member

As far as I understand it the 12mg on your cigarette packet has nothing to do with the nicotine content, it's the tar. All cigarettes, whatever mg it says on the packet, deliver about 1mg of nicotine per smoke. So the number of cigarettes you smoke a day is what you use to work out what nic strength eliquid you need. As explained in Noe's thread here: http://forums.canukvapers.com/new-v...uide-nicotine-juice-consumption-strength.html