Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How JIB Charges

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by coolsaif2004, Sep 18, 2015.

1. coolsaif2004

coolsaif2004 New Member

Just got a question mainly directed to Johnnyinbris but others may be interested too.

How come my JIB charges so quick???

Its quite amazing , I vaped for 2 days on my Mini and it charged in around 10 minutes.

My Riva's used to take 3-4 hours after a single day and my two 14500s charged on a TR100 takes at least 2 hours after a two day vape .

I'm just curious to know .

2. SypeTeaPS

SypeTeaPS New Member

10 mins seems a bit quick for 2 days vaping unless you're an extremely light vaper. I recall them taking ~45mins for a full charge that would last me less than a day (don't have any here to check now). Be curious to know what voltage it was down to before you recharged. That aside, the LiPos in the minis and mids can be charged at 5C but I've limited charge rate to about 2.2C for the minis and about 2C for the mids. Regular ecig batts normally run 0.5~1C.

3. ubwhocapr

ubwhocapr New Member

Yep it takes about 40to 50 mins to charge mine?

4. ctea

ctea New Member

It was basically in the green amount of charge left so I guess around half and I probably am fairly light on be.comse I vape 30 ml strength . Also I didn't sit next to it with a timer so lets put it this way , I put it on the charger had a quick shower and went straight back to check if it was done and it was . 15 mins Max .

Well that answers my question be.comse even 45 mins is still alot quicker than normal . What does the C stand for ? Current.

5. Isis Grace

Isis Grace New Member

C is the capacity/current rating, so charging a 1000mAh battery at 2A is 2C, charging a 900mAh at 2.7A would be 3C rate.

6. canterbury10

canterbury10 New Member

I'm still going 3-4 days between charges on my mini. It is pretty quick if you charge it around the 50% mark I'd say 15-20 minutes. But what's the point when it basically lasts me all week anyway :)

7. vmontu

vmontu New Member

from totally expired to fully charged my midi 2 x 1000 mah lipos takes just half an hour, and while in qld was vaping 4ml a day and it was easily lasting 2 days, not having the precise voltage readout I would normally charge it every night, 15 mins or so. The maxi tho, came on wednesday was reading 8 volts, so not fully charged and is now on its 4th day, slightly less than 2 tanks a day, so 5 mls a day, currently reading 7.4V. Im waiting for it to expire so I can do the video review, but it hasnt happened yet.

GaZ

8. choppermcfly

choppermcfly New Member

I get it kinda , Thanks stoney. Basically the JIB charger kik butt in the big C ratings . Unreal !! .

9. nakoforum

nakoforum New Member

Looking forward to the review Gaz , Be great to see the Maxi in action.