Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How did you know your mod was "the one"?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by FraggerAMP, Jul 25, 2015.

1. FraggerAMP

FraggerAMP New Member

Pretty self explanatory thread.

With so much choice in mods, how did you know your favourite was "the one"?

2. Laufladia

Laufladia New Member

I decided on my elegance tanks and then shopped for things that worked well with them and of course look pretty.

3. Quizard

Quizard New Member

I didnt at first .. I went through a cigalike stage, jumped from that to a couple of vamos which I couldnt get right and igos , into a couple of reos and other mods bought a provari and cartotanks.. let those sit in the drawer for a couple of months... was getting pissy with vaping.. found the swedish snus thread .. by chance brought out the provai and cartotanks and havent looked back

4. inquind

inquind New Member

Started with egos, moved onto ego twists, (still use these), then ordered a vamo, loved it the first day, and haven't found anything I like as much since, apart from my PC wood creations mods. Vamos work well, every time, they are easy to adjust for different resistances, I know what to expect, and for me they do the job, as I don't vape at sub ohm, or high power. I love their little robot faces as well, but I think thats just me :heartbou:

5. steeda22

steeda22 New Member

i like my vamo, but my sweet spot is on the cusp of firing, so occasionally wrap 1.2 instead of 1.3

and i'm a dripper/feeder, so mech reo is my goto

6. aoeiquzbugbzy

aoeiquzbugbzy New Member

Use vamo, astro, nemesis & atom equally. There is no single one and I don't think there ever will be :/

Vamo for something different to change vv whenever I feel like it. Only for home. Hate crappy 510 connector on all vv/vw mods.
    Nemesis with magnets, vv kick and hybrid with kraken. Mostly for home.
    Astro, Atom with or without kick with KFL for out.

If I had to pick, astro or atom because telescopic, solid SS 510 with floating pin.

7. hero66

hero66 New Member

Been vaping about 14 months.

Blu Disposables -> Blu Starter kit started googling e-cigs and learned to refill the cartomizers, which led me to -> Twist with Vivi Nova -> Vamo with carto-tank and 306 drippers -> Mechanicals with Gennies, 306s, and then grew to prefer RDAs which led me to -> Reo Grand

I got my first Reo September 2013. By that point I knew that an RDA was my favorite way to vape hands down. I briefly ran a Kayfun on my mechs a month prior to getting my first Reo, but really only used the Kayfun when going out. The Kayfun clearly wasn't as good as dripping.

So yeah, about 8 months after acquiring a Reo, the only other mods I've gotten was a Nemmy clone and a Hammer clone, and I won those in contests... I guess that means a Reo has been pretty much "the one" for me.

8. Nefarit

Nefarit New Member

I am kind of split on the subject.

For out and about my trusty Vamo V2 (with the upgraded spring) with either a PT2 with an air control base or a T-2 depending on my mood or the juice.

For home use and long drives, a Fazed DNA20 box mod holding two 2600 mAh batteries with a Kayfun Lite Plus perched on top.

9. Carteste

Carteste New Member

It's not the prettiest combo but for me it's my V2 provari topped with a nautilus clearo. Been using this setup exclusively now for about 5 months and I love it. I like the provari because it's reliable and hasn't broke on me yet.

10. tarter

tarter New Member

I'm still searching. I love my Provari, I love my mechs, but I've yet to find the "one". I like my Hades clone for the run time, but it's big and heavy. I like my Nemi for the capability it offers, 350 to 650 with no issues. I like my Chi you, but the fact I can't run an 500 in it kinda bugs me.
    So no, I haven't really found my happy place yet, but I'm still looking.

11. tifquestions

tifquestions New Member

I got the provari for my 1 year smoke free anniversary, and thought the provari with kayfun was going to stop me looking for anything else, but then got into drippers and mechs, now I don't think the search for the next best thing will ever end :)

12. ZT_O

ZT_O New Member

As soon as I put a loaded Kayfun on the EPM v2 18490 and fired it up.
    Great feel,built like a brick shithouse,(could be used in combat if the need arises) and it is quality with a capital Q .
    Yes I still buy a mod or two but this is the one for me ,going to save my pennies and get an 18650 one as well.

13. nejroelrkf

nejroelrkf New Member

"This mod is THE ONE!" said no one ever.

14. reennale

reennale New Member

From cigalikes to 510s, then egos, all in the space of a few weeks. Then onto the rest of the journey - the Provari, BDCs, mechs, RBAs, RDAs, box mods and squonking. Had up to 10 setups on the go, never able to settle on one. And then one day ... my heart went boom as soon as I saw it. Then when I vaped it I swooned and fainted. When I came to, still clutching my mini Valkyrie, I knew I was in love, and my life was forever changed. :love:

15. Jarcecutt

Jarcecutt New Member

I hope you have seen the Yellow Vision ego type, When I saw them at MyFreedomsmokes earlier this year I thought of you lol I bought 2 yellows and I've got most of the colors now and I love the new updated look of these.

Sent from my SGH-T999

16. Here_comes_the_Sun

Here_comes_the_Sun New Member

I look for the review of my interested mods on forum and then try them on local shop. My best-loved X CUBE BT50 is chosen by this way. Now I have dropped down from a pack a day to no cigarettes all day with my XCUBE 50.

By the way, for new vapers, I found a awesome mini mod buy accident: Koopor mini which has 60W maximum output with temperature control, the MSRP is only $54.99. You know we can get it lower than that.

17. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    I have gone through quite a few mod's through trial and error. I knew the mod that I am now using was the one, was when I took my first hit (seriously). I don't know exactly what it was that made me realize it (maybe it was the super smooth, rich hit that I got, idk).

18. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    After taking a couple puffs and experimenting on it, I just fell in love with it. It felt perfect and gave me the perfect puff everytime.

19. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    well, to make a long story short...I kind of tested out a lot of things and I reckon that this is the best mod for me, but If i see anything better, I'd make a switch :smile:

20. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I broke all of the other ones and I don't like spending more money on them. That's pretty much the gist of it, lol. I have dropped and broke hundreds of dollars learning to better secure these beasts, always buy a case boys.