Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Hola from confused newbie

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by itamync, Dec 16, 2015.

1. itamync

itamync New Member

Hola everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while and it's a great thing you guys have going on here.
    Very informative and very friendly.

Anyhow, I didn't want to be one of those people that can't use the search on the forum and Google in general but I've searched heaps but I still can't wrap my head around eJuice.

I'm ready to give up smoking for good (a packet every two days) and go into the wonderful vape world,
    The benefits of this are endless.

After reading and researching heaps I've stopped at getting the Aspire .comtilus premium kit. After more research I've discovered that I can actually get Eleaf iStick 30w and Aspire .comtilus mini tank. I'm not too sure what I'm going to get yet but I know the second option is on VapeKing, which is good be.comse I only heard good things about it.

The thing that I'm really confused about is eJuice. And what I mean by that is can I say..order a bottle of nicotine from overseas and then mix it with the juicy I ordered in.coms?

If so, what is a good overseas shop? There are so many but some only sell pg or vg or no nicotine at all and it all really gets to me and makes it confusing :/

Also what would be a good site to buy already mixed nicotine juice? I'm planning to do it like most people, go 18mg and go down with time. For now the main thing is to get off the smokes COMPLETELY.

Sorry if it's been answered heaps before and I didn't see, maybe someone can link me up :)

2. moxcjkx8n

moxcjkx8n New Member

Myfreedomsmokes.com is pretty good for unflavoured nic.

And with pre mix juices there's heaps. Ill name a few that I've tried but im sure other people would have other recommendations.
    Viper vape.com
    totallywicked-eliquid.com
    drcrimmys.com
    boosted e juice
    vapestorm
    five pawns
    expotios
    And the list goes on.
    Also try thevapeshop NZ they have a massive selection of juice

3. Charli

Charli New Member

My five cents after nearly 3 weeks off the smokes after 33 years is to mix your own, rather than buy premixed.

I think premixed from NZ is the go if you really want to get off the smokes pronto and have your vaping hardware already.

The Vape Shop NZ | E-LIQUID | VAPING SUPPLIES | ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES
    FlavourVapes NZ

Those two seem to be often out of unflavoured nicotine though, but you can get the premixed flavors.

If you can wait a week or two (I waited 2 weeks for mine from MSF via USPS - i planned the 2 week delivery to save for the devices), then id order unflavoured nicotine from OS and mix my own.

MFS still has the same deal on that i used 3 weeks ago, 1lt for USD$50 (thats.comD$66) - factor in the postage and it was about.comD$103 to me in Sydney. You can use USPS or FedEX and your postage may vary according to time frame.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nic...nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.html

That 1lt will last you over 2 years depending on your use, and if stored well.

You can buy flavours and VG/PG from OS too, but it will probably be miles cheaper to source those, especially the VG/PG (due to bottle size and weight depending on how big a bottle of each you want to buy, i just got 250Ml ones for starters) and to buy them here. Im lucky that i have a bricks and mortar store for everything else but the nicotine 15 minutes away here in Sydney.

Apparently the stores down that way can be er umm expensive - it is melbourne after all :)

I wont list the stores in OZ for the flavours and VG/PG as they are already listed in the forum

The only other thing i can tell you about juice i got my nicotine in 100% PG, and that can have an effect on how, also dependant on the PG/VG mix of your flavours, much you can play around with the overall VG/PG mix, youre obviously not going to get 100% VG :). Some folks like more VG than PG and vice versa.
    Some small amount of people *may* have a sensitivity to PG and mix lower PG mixes. I havent run across one yet though.

I know from my research on buying nicotine i was advised to get it in 100% PG for factors like lifespan etc.

Personally with my nicotine at 100% PG and my juices (a doubler) at 50/50 PG/VG theres a limit to how high i can go with my VG. If i were to buy flavours with a higher VG then i can obviously mix higher VG levels. Its a personal thing, and i mix at 50/50 PG/VG or, the highest i can currently go with my setup is 40/60 PG/VG and no higher, otherwise the calculator complains :). More VG means bigger clouds, if thats important to you, but PG gives more of a throat hit, like smoking. Also your mixes may also be dependant on what your device is, some devices wont wick well with higher VG mixes. I know, it would be nice if it was all nice and easy to understand and straight forward :)

Heres a quick article that i found useful when trying to make sense of it all with ratios (ignore all the advertising and spruiking:) ):

PG vs VG - Understanding Throat Hit, Flavor and Clouds

No matter what you do, you'll certainly want a Juice calculator, and heres arguably the best offline one, where you can save recipes etc

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

A lot of people use it so you can usually find someone to help and explain it and of course if someone has a recipe they can just send it to you.

Like it says on the front of the hitchhikers guide, Dont Panic. I know as a recent convert that it can be overwhelming, but if you do as you are doing and do your homework, when you get it all together, you will manage. I was off the smokes and vaping, after using the above calculator, the same afternoon my nicotine arrived and id dropped a bit of cash at my local store for the other gear. Havent had a smoke since.

You will want some mixing gear as well, you can go bonkers on lab equipment like graduated mixing cylinders or you can go simples (im a simple creature). Personally i have a seperate syringe for each liquid, with a finer graduated one for the nicotone, suck up each liquid in turn and place into an empty 30ml bottle, and rinse them out with hot water after each use.

Consistent newbie advice is to always mix up a small amount of juice like 10ml until you get the hang of it :)

One other bit of advice i can give you is probably undercompensate for your nicotine strength. As a smoker of 33 years i immediately was going to mix up a 24mg strength mix, and got correctly talked down by forum members :). I was worried about backsliding to smokes and was trying to overcompensate. I ended up at 18mg the first week, and when i went into the vape store to get them to test my gear for an issue, they asked how strong i mixed the nicotine, when i told them 18mg they looked at me in horror. They are all 9mg people :). I dropped down the next week to 9mg, but found i was vaping a lot more. My current sweet spot is 12mg, not harsh on the throat like 18mg, but not vaping like mad as at 9mg. You will find your own butter zone, but i would not recommend overcompensating like i did, especially as your smoke intake was lower than mine. So start low, see how you go, and if you mix only 10ml of juice at a time while youre starting out you'll avoid wasting your liquids if the mix doesnt have enough/too much nicotine for you.

Dont be shy asking for help, theyre a friendly and nice bunch on here, i wouldnt have gotten this far without them.

After 33 years of smoking, and if there was a smoking event in the olympics, i could have smoked for Straya :), i felt better in as little as a few days, and quite amazed i had no interest in the smokes. Even in my worst period, when my Subtank drama was going on and it tasted like camels arse, i only briefly considered having a smoke but didnt crack....i cured further possible temptation by giving my Plan B packet of rollies away :) No tobacco in the house now.

So im amazed how easy it has been for me, and i hope the journey is (i dont want to say as easy) as uneventful for you.

If you do hit a crisis, whether it be on gear or juice, post here, theyre great. And if youre having a bad day with cravings, post here, someone will (try to)talk you down :)

These people will motivate you and support you on your new path.

p.s. Anyone with more experience can feel free to criticise or debunk my post :)

4. rlacjcy3h

rlacjcy3h New Member

5. rogue_trooper

rogue_trooper New Member

That has to be one of the most thorough, and informative posts I have seen, great job!

I came in to help, but there is not a single word I can add.

You sir, are a great addition to this community.........

6. jerry

jerry New Member

stylemessiah is on the money, sounds like you gear choice is good too.
    Good luck mate