Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Hit a snag whilst mixing.

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by bohogs, Nov 12, 2015.

1. bohogs

bohogs New Member

Hi guys, hope you can help me out again.
    I have some 18 mg unflavored nicotine I wanted to use up, so using the calculator it says,

18 mg unflavored nicotine- PG 100%
    16 mg target
    50 % flavor [ using doublers]

recipe
    nicotine 27.1 ml
    pg or vg -11.7 ml
    flavor 15.0 ml
    What I don't understand is the minus besides the 11.7 [i am using the vg]

thanks

2. javmovie4u.com

javmovie4u.com New Member

you can't do it using a doubler. Doubler is an extra strong mix that is designed to be halved with a combination of PG, VG, and Nic, the best you could hope for there is 9mg (15ml of 18mg/ml PG + 15 of doubler ?pg/?vg). the minus is so u can magically take out volume and leave the nicotine behind

3. kobrakerileska

kobrakerileska New Member

You can't get 16mg out of 18mg using a doubler for half the mix. Half nic and half doubler is going to be 9mg.

4. alnats

alnats New Member

Yeah I thought it was magical, trouble is I was adding to another lot i had made up just before.
    Now it seems I stuffed up the rest, bugger it.
    Is there any way around this ? I have some 36 mg unflavored nicotine and some tripler left to.
    thanks guys

5. what exactly do you have now and what is your desired outcome ? what do you have to work with / the 36mg ?

6. whittneylacrosse

whittneylacrosse New Member

I had premixed 16 mg already made up, I was adding to that.[desired outcome 16 mg]
    The amount to be made up was 30 ml [using the 18 mg ]
    I have plenty of 36 mg nicotine unflavored and trippler as well.

So what I have put into it is;
    26.7 ml of 18 mg nicotine
    15.0 ml of doubler
    I should have woke up, as it was only a mixture of total 30 mg.

7. gwelah

gwelah New Member

E-Liquid Recipe Name

you did not say how much 16mg you have but if you have 27 ml then use the above calcs to make 30ml

if you have less juice / or more then let me know or use the middle calculator here http://forums.canukvapers.com/vendor-general/20617-ozejuice-com-2.html#post465140

EDIT - I see you have edited the post to desired outcome = 16mg ml after posted so the formula I have is wrong, so if I now have you question right you already have some 16mg ml juice and you want to make some more 16mg juice from a 36 mg ml flavorless nic and then combine that to total 30 ml of 16 mg ml ejuice.

if so how much current 16 mg ml ejuice do you have ? so the balance can be worked out and are you mixing the 36 mg ml nic with a 0% nic base ?

8. qwgwxqykxb

qwgwxqykxb New Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention the desired mg out come and the amount I want to mix.

So this is what I have to fix up, I have put in 26.7 ml of unflavored 18 mg strength nicotine.
    Also added 15.0 ml of Flavor as in a doubler.

I just want to change this to get 16 mg completed juice, in what ever amount.

thanks for your help.

9. thlrvicwsvda

thlrvicwsvda New Member

ok 2 secs please

sorry for the delay champ / let me double check this / you have ( 26.7 * 18 = 480.6 ~ 15ml + 26.7 ml = 41.7 ml ~ 480.6 / 41.7 = 11.52 mg ml) 26.7 ml of 18mg ml flavorless Nic combined with 15ml doubler if so you now have

41.7 ml of 11.52 mg ml ejuice , if this is correct then you will need to add 9.34 ml of the 36 mg ml nic to that mix to make 51 mls of 16 mg ml ejuice

http://ecigvape.com/pvn_calc.php?i=...sl=0&vl=0&wl=0&zl=0&zzl=0&kl=&p=3&g=Calculate

10. LowerIndor

LowerIndor New Member

Yes you are 100 % correct, Thank you very much for helping to sort out my disaster.
    You guys here are real champs,
    many thanks.

11. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member