Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Hello from a noob with mixing question!

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by ruinuininee, Nov 4, 2015.

1. ruinuininee

ruinuininee New Member

Hi all
    5 days into my vaping experience - all going well not touched an analogue yet!
    I have a question regarding the mixing of ejuice with nic in it. Basically i ordered my first batch of ejuice from ecigs canada (the drummer rollie) and love it.
    When I went to order more found they no longer sell with nic pre mixed. I have ordered the nic free flavour from them and ordered nic from a USA supplier they recommended.
    What I ordered:
    2 x 30ml drummers rollie ejuice
    1 x 60ml nicotine (50mgl with VG)
    Im looking at getting 11mg or thereabouts for the end result.

My question is how do I take into account the VG already in the nicotine and (probably) the rollie flavour? Or does this not matter?
    I hear people dilute using VG so do I need to find pure nbic on its own plus pure flavouring?

Sorry for the newbie questions Im getting a bit confused!

Thanks for help in advance and a big hello from me!

Cure

2. epigrarry

epigrarry New Member

Hi Cure.
    Is the flavour you bought a doubler?
    The issue is going to be whether you can get enough nicotine in it and not sacrifice too much flavour if it's not a double strength flavour.
    If you add 6mL of the nicotine to 30mL of your drummers rollie ejuice, your eliquid will contain 10mg/mL nicotine. 7mL of the nicotine liquid added to 30mL of the drummers rollie ejuice and your eliquid will be 11.3mg/mL.

With what you've got there, you don't really have a lot of wiggle room with PG:VG ratio.. but if your drummers rollie ejuice is a doubler, you can vary it significantly more. If the drummers rollie is sold as "ready to vape", you'll only want to add the least amount of other liquid to it that you can so you don't lose too much flavour.

3. Mrs. Brightside

Mrs. Brightside New Member

Hi Mrsgruffy
    Thanks for the reply! I'm unsure about the drumers rollie - without speaking to the guy (which I will tomorrow) I presume its ready to vape. Do you mean add the least amount of nic to not lose too much flavour? i am also on I guess a beginners e cig (the ciggy looking type) with the original nicotine e juice which is 'low' (I'm guessing about 6mgl) This is bearable although I dont get too much of a hit. I have bought an ego-c which I can pick up tomorrow which will hopefully give more of a vape! If so I would be more than happy with the strength of nicotine I have in this juice!
    Its really more of getting the flavour balance right for me - if I had a choice I wouldnt be mixing myself anyway - to me first step is of the real cigs, vape with nicotine until I can quit the nic then vape with no nic then stop altogether!
    Funny though the way its going and the massive variety of flavours out there I cant see myself stopping anytime soon!
    What an eye opener this whole experience has been - 25 years smoking filthy stinking fags to this! Amazing!

4. shadowweavers

shadowweavers New Member

To be honest, most people need between 18mg/mL and 24mg/mL when they are using ecigs to stop smoking, regardless of how mild or otherwise the ciggies or rollies they smoke are.
    How do you know if you need more nicotine?
    Well, I'm glad you asked! If you're feeling cravings for nicotine, you're not getting enough nicotine.
    How do you know if you're getting too much nicotine?
    You'll have some of the following unpleasant side effects: sweaty palms; palpitations; .comsea; restlessness; a headache; anxiety.
    Don't worry if you get these - a break from vaping/smoking of half an hour or so and you'll be back to normal.
    I would strongly recommend you mix your eliquid to 18mg/mL to start with. Nicotine is not the nasty part of smoking. I believe that it's about as nasty as caffeine. People with a pre-existing heart condition should probably steer clear of this group of drugs be.comse of their mild stimulant effects.

For you, with the ingredients you've got, the issue is going to be getting enough nicotine into the eliquid without the flavour suffering too much. In the meantime, have a look around some of the canadan vendors in our vendor section and check out their flavours.. grab a few which tweak your curiousity, and try some which aren't in the tobacco category. Nearly everyone starts with tobacco flavours, but a lot of people find once their taste buds start to improve, that they prefer fruit and dessert and other non tobacco flavours. Be sure to purchase the flavours as doublers or triplers.

Where abouts are you? If you're in Sydney, I can recommend steam-e-cigs who have a shop in Alexandria and will help you sort out the best gear and have some awesome flavours which you can try before you buy :)

5. zicpro

zicpro New Member

Basically, say you take 10ml out of your 50mg nic (assume it is in 100% VG), there is something can be simply calculated:

- To achieve 25mg nic with 50% VG/50 PG, you will add 10ml (same amount you pulled out from nic juice) of 100% 0mg PG to the 10ml you pull out. This will give you 25mg nic with ration of 50VG/50PG in 20ml. You can adjust to ratio.

If you are using 15ml doubler say 100% PG, you will first thin your nic juice down to 22mg by adding VG juice with 0 nic. so take 15ml nic juice for example, add 34.09 ml of 0 nic VG will give you 22mg nic of 100 VG base and you now have 49.09ml in total of 22mg nic 100% VG juice. Take 15 ml out of 49.09ml and add to the doubler, you now have 30ml of 11mg nic in 50/50 blend PG/VG ratio.

there is a calculator (ejuicemeup) you can use for DIY (eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator), install that freeware to make your calculation easier.