Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Having a Mod Problem.

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by kayclarkey, May 30, 2015.

1. kayclarkey

kayclarkey New Member

I have a mod thats giving me trouble. Briefly, it's firing on its own sometimes. I have to take the batteries out to stop it. Eventually after a day I can reinsert batteries and it will last a day or two. My question is is this common and does anyone know where I can get this mod serviced? Thanks

2. pittie4fun

pittie4fun New Member

What mod is it?

3. Jenny

Jenny New Member

It's not a commercial mod. It's a homemade VV box that someone gave me.

4. Daphne

Daphne New Member

it will probably cost more to have it fixed then it is worth ? i'd suggest heading over to madvapes and search there,,they have cheap box mods FV and VV pre-built and build yourself

5. abrdapitta8433

abrdapitta8433 New Member

Probably just need to replace the switch. I bet [MENTION=6674]xxDznutzxx[/MENTION] would know, hopefully he will be by shortly to help you out.

6. androbius

androbius New Member

it could be something faulty or it could just be a little juice got in the button causing it to stick. a picture would help immensely.

7. abrdapitta8433

abrdapitta8433 New Member

I agree, it sounds like either the switch is bad, or that it's grounding out from a short somewhere after the atty connector. I wouldn't recommend using it or putting batteries in it until it's repaired or replaced. Is it Variable Voltage, or regulated to a certain voltage? That could mean, albeit unlikely, a bad or shorted regulator or pot, but I don't think that would be a rogue firing issue, that more likely would be a meltdown issue.

8. massimomcs

massimomcs New Member

Thank you for the info guys. I will post pics as soon as I get home.

9. iroksEurorm

iroksEurorm New Member

Sounds like a stuck/faulty switch to me as well.

It could also be a shorted wire(s) touching around the switch or chip, look for loose wires as well.

10. test1000

test1000 New Member

11. idokitty

idokitty New Member

[video=youtube;ugQhcRoDrKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugQhcRoDrKE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

12. roberosshtolzey581

roberosshtolzey581 New Member

Any idea what regulator is in that mod? Could be as simple as bad resistor or as complicated as the regulator.

13. rudymaso357

rudymaso357 New Member

I have no idea. It was given to me.

14. flodadar

flodadar New Member

Hey AZ that looks like a MV VV kit, I myself have never made one of those kits.

I wonder if in fact some of that hot glue dripped into the back of the switch when vaping and dried holding the back plate down.

To me it still looks like there is a short and some where the positive is making contact.

To be real if it was me, i would get as many parts out of that and just redo the whole thing. You could always try and pry the glue out and test each part as you enter to see where the failure happened. Here is a link to the kit MV VV kit .

15. Swenrendy

Swenrendy New Member

Yeah, after starring at it for awhile I see the regulator under the voltage display. I suspect it is the resistor that connects to the control pin is bad or solder came loose

16. EgorKa

EgorKa New Member

You guys are great trouble shooters Kalamazoo Vapor has a Fix my Mod at his web site I believe it said 14.99 plus shipping Boy Id be up a creek with no Paddle so I'm happy to see the vendors offering to Fix my Mod........

17. brompem

brompem New Member

Anyone know if there is a site out there that sells magnets for the door?

18. bradashulzea7160

bradashulzea7160 New Member

19. Cyclist 2300

Cyclist 2300 New Member

Start here, it's the easiest.

[​IMG]

Either unscrew or snip the wire at the RED arrow. Pop in your batteries and see if it remains off. If it does then touch the snipped wire to to where the BLUE arrow is and see if it fires. Do it a few times. That should tell you if there is a problem with the switch which shouldn't be too hard to ungoop and replace.

FWIW any time you see hot melt like that = hack modder. I also like how that hot running reg has been insulated with goop too.

20. Antonio

Antonio New Member

Nice I just learned a useful tid bit of repair work .