Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Have You Ever Been Criticized For Vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Destinyosbourne, Mar 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    I'm always seeing memes like these online. There's a lot of vapor haters out there! Have you ever been criticized for vaping? If so, how do you handle it?

[​IMG]

missvape and Ladyferoz like this.
  2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    I have been criticized several times, in several ways, and for several different reasons or what had different motivations behind them I should say. It is what it is though, and overall it is a lot less than I would get when I was smoking, because that was something that generally made me feel really bad about subjecting other people to my bad choices and my nasty habit. This is a bit different though, so my responses are different too.

3. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yeah, it happens. I usually ask them if there's anything I can criticize them for with a very blank face and they often get pretty defensive. Either way, I keep on doing what I'm doing and my general state of being remains the same, even in the context of what they're saying.

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Device:
    box mod
    Juice:
    anything with fruit
    Vaping seems to come with a lot of criticism. I used to attend an open mic and they had a few comedians that touched on the subject. I really think it's due to it being "new" and a bit trendy. I'm sure when people hit a cigarette craze that it was heavily criticized as well. I've been told that I look like a douchbag while using my vape, but I just ignore it. Majority of the people I know that do make these comments are either doing it in fun or simply haven't tried it out. I've let people try the vape and their comments stopped because they enjoyed it. It's simple ignorance, sadly. You have to take people's comments with a grain of salt.

5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Yes I have been criticized for vaping in public before. An old lady though it was a cigarette and she got all mad saying that non of the people around here wanted to get lung cancer and they didn't want their lungs all bad. I told her it was a vape then she went on saying that the steam is bad for you. I just moved locations...

6. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    I've also been criticized several times, some times maybe I deserved it as I was smoking inside of rooms with other people, sometimes not, I remember that once I was criticized, ironically by a smoker, who told me that I'm trying to be all cool and hippie by using this device and that I should only stick to the old "sticks", not try to be a stupid hipster and smoke chemicals. I remember I've never felt that sorry for someone else in my life, that person simply couldn't be helped.

7. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    All the time, but those people don't know my story. They don't know I've quit smoking and avoided so many health problems. So I don't mind the criticism at all.

8. RobPonders

RobPonders Member

Device:
    G Pen
    Juice:
    Switch it up
    Someone has actually called it that right to my face! Douche Flute lol.
    Honestly as a former line cook I swear I can handle any criticism and insults. I just laugh it off. Sometimes I tell the person they are not original and their "chirp game" is weak. Other times I commend them on a really good insult.
    We all have something that someone can make fun of. I try not to take it personally. If I can tell someone is really trying to hurt or hate me I just dismiss them and stop talking to them.

9. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    The most I received were some weird looks, but haven't really received direct criticism. I think people think you are smoking pot or something. Other than that, I think it's common enough where people have a general idea of what it is.

10. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    I have only seen misinformed Facebook posts regarding vaping (popcorn lungs etc) but I have never experienced any criticism. I have only met people who are interested in what it is and they ask me questions about it.

11. nergaahl

nergaahl New Member

Device:
    eGo
    Juice:
    Kiwi juice
    Yeah, people see it more as a fad than an actual passion. I've been called a "fedora" (slang term for autistic loser) for doing so, we often call each other names in my group. We are considered pretentious for vaping instead of smoking actual cigarettes, but it is actually a lot better than regular smoking. Enjoy trying to get a girl's attention while your mouth smells like cigarettes.

[​IMG]

12. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    This:

[​IMG]

Well, I either ignore them or lecture them, lol. It depends on my mood. If I could, I would print all studies about the benefits of vaping as compared to smoking and show it to them. Basically, they are too caught up in smoking cigarettes that they don't know that vaping is a far healthier alternative to it.

And for those thinking that it's just for show, nope, it's not, it's a way to help me quit cigarette smoking. And so far it has done that and more! So yeah, think whatever you want, I'll still enjoy my vaping.

Okaviator likes this.
  13. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    That's the worst that's happened to me as well. I normally treat vaping as if it was a cigarette and only vape in smoking sections. I still think most people aren't educated enough and about it and don't really see it for what it is.

14. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    I haven't really, but I know my male friends do. For whatever reason men tend to get more heat for it than women do.

15. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    To be honest, no. Not yet at least, so time will really tell because it is no secret that not everyone is fond of vaping, let alone smoking.
    So I believe people will always find reasons to criticise others about vaping

16. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Device:
    sr-elit
    Juice:
    tobacco
    Yes, I have been insulted and judged for vaping. People say that I am a thug or fake thug. Some people look at me like there is something wrong with my face. Some people laugh at me for no reason. People are very judgmental now. It is a lot worse then it use to be. People are criticize for all kinds of reasons. I blame television for teaching people bad behaviors. I hate the sight of family television shows. I have been criticized but I’m learning to deal with it.

17. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    It is a little strange why people would have this sort of reaction, I still don't understand it. It's not as if you are doing them any harm, it would be worse if you were smoking and blowing smoke into their faces.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I wouldn't say that I've been criticised exactly but I've had the funny looks off people that have left me knowing exactly what they think about vaping!

As you say, I also think a lot of it is down to misinformation and they don't understand what vaping actually is. They think that vaping is exactly the same as smoking a cigarette when that's not the case at all as we are all too well aware.

19. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I've been criticized for tons of things, including vaping. Do I really care? Not that much, actually. Some of my friends do not like any smoke and flavor, so I have to put it all aside to be respectful. Strangers? Come on, we will never meet again. Hopefully and most likely.

pwarbi likes this.
  20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think that's probably the best reaction to have. Let's be honest, if we stopped doing everything that other people got offended by then we'd all end up living very boring lives.

People who criticise vaping obviously just don't understand it. Either that or they don't want to and haven't even tried.