Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Have also bought a variable volt. Juice always tastes burnt.

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by bigdog, Jul 9, 2015.

1. bigdog

bigdog New Member

I also have a variable volt V6 unit but even on the lowest setting my juice always tastes burnt. I'm smoking bankers Rollie's juice and also Tasmanian devil which is around 18mg. I'm not sure if it's the juice or why it's happening. I love the taste of these two juices. So there's two questions? Firstly if someone knows the juice I'm talking about do you know of the same tastes under a different name from another supplier? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention suppliers but this one is canadan and the nic juices are sold through NZ. And secondly what do I do to solve the burnt taste issue? Not sure if the cartomiser supplied was no good for higher voltages . It's a screw in the same size as for the ego F1 but the thread needs to be showing or it can't screw in. I've heard a lot about the stardust but not sure if this will fit? If it does where's a good place to get them for a reasonable price? One more thing, with the go go with the 1300 battery what size is the thread for that. Can I get a stardust or another good tank that fits this as the thread is larger than the ego. Sorry so many questions :). Just want to find the best vaping experience before I go broke. Cheers

2. Lisa V

Lisa V New Member

What Ohms atty's are you using?

3. nizo2008

nizo2008 New Member

Where are you located?

4. extedgecE

extedgecE New Member

every one loves boobs !

5. best005

best005 New Member

I don't know the V6 .. googling brings up a swag of different ones.
    but if it using stacked batterys and is chinese, there is a good chance the rms voltage is a lot higher than settings, typically 3v is really 4.5v which results in 200% more power than what a true 3v gives you.
    this is why I have been making noise on international forums regarding these sorts of devices, they need to get volts right.

a link to the device would help.. and carto ohms as mentioned up there..

6. goem

goem New Member

The clearos supplied with the V6 have a 2.8- 3 ohm resistance and the unit has 3 settings, supposedly 4,5 and 6V.
    Red is the lowest setting, red/blue and finally the blue is highest.
    Be interesting to see what the volts really are.

The thread is 510 only so CE4 wont fit.

7. flaresss

flaresss New Member

510-ego adapters would soon fix that.

8. margo

margo New Member

Just a thought, I take it that this is rather new how long have you been using the supplied carto?
    Maybe try cleaning the carto out or try with another one, are you filling it correctly?
    its possible you have run it dry and burnt the coil and wicking.

9. hmpamej5p

hmpamej5p New Member

Yeah Ozzie knows the facts. It is 4,5 and 6 volt settings. The size is the same as the ego . Looks like I need a new unit. What's a good not to expensive one which can be increased in smaller increments than 1 volt at a time?

10. BobbieLiu

BobbieLiu New Member

Thanks bugzme, how do you clean it out?

11. Mad Scientist...

Mad Scientist... New Member

Just bite the bullet and buy the Provari on the forums at the moment for $150. Best cash you'll ever spend.

12. lppelobzttnv

lppelobzttnv New Member

Agreed with ElDubya $150 for a provari is a steal, its protected, gives ohms readings and 0.1 increments in voltage.

13. acatelf

acatelf New Member

provari best thing i ever bought cheep at 150 cost me 230 all up for a v2 mini :)

14. william drydd

william drydd New Member

do eeeeeeeeeeeeet!

15. Sam

Sam New Member

so does the lavatube V2 and its half the price- there was a review done by PBusarto (is spelling correct).

16. Connie S

Connie S New Member

lavatube V2 got my vote :)

17. Wondoli

Wondoli New Member

18. cart5k6c

cart5k6c New Member

19. keerskoswahli

keerskoswahli New Member

G'day Pats ... if this is the egoV6 ( shiny chrome tube ... three stage voltage settings) its the same as mine , and it pumps out waaaaay too much power despite what the settings say ... the only way to get around it , I have found is to use atomisers with AT LEAST 2.8-3 Ohms ... The supplied disposable tank carto's sometimes work , sometimes dont ! I have had 3 out of 6 blow on me at anything but the lowest setting ... its an OK device , but after checking it with the ECDMeter , it is putting out over 4.5 Volts on the lowest setting , which is what gives you that burnt taste if the carto is too low in resistance .
    Try it with a 3.0 carto if you can lay your hands on one ?
    There are better devices out there .

20. miskdan

miskdan New Member

When you set a Provari for 3.9 volts, you can bet your left testicle that 3.9 volts is what you are getting. Chalk and cheese really ....