Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Givinup- New to the vape community

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by bmaximussift3267, Sep 10, 2015.

1. bmaximussift3267

bmaximussift3267 New Member

Hi All, new to vaping and found this community forum. Hope to gain some knowlege, do and dont's, to buy not buys etc. I have given up the killer sticks (as of 30 minutes ago) but can't blame the post man for not delivering my vape that I ordered so I may finish the pack of killers until my kit turns up. My first Order is a Kangertech SubMini kit with a few tobacco juices fromcoms. I have already ordered my second lot Of juices from MT Baker - RY4 and a few others. Does it really taste like tobacco? Hopefully!!!! Or I might have to choke on Nicorette Mini's as well.

Anyway, that's my intro. Can't wait to talk to members and move forward to a better lung toxic free fume consumed lung killer tar staining carpet dish water toilet free smoke future. Followed by a clean vaping journey with you all in this community.

PS. Where to get the best flavoured tobacco juice?

I'm guessing I would need 65pg 35vg mixes or thereabouts as I a quitter?

2. DarkGuardian

DarkGuardian New Member

Welcome nothing tastes like tobacco which is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Skampece

Skampece New Member

It's a large learning curve and plenty info here [emoji106]

4. hazarada

hazarada New Member

Some tobac juices taste how a ciggy pack smells (in my opinion). Sounds like you are on the right track with your purchases so far. I found leaving a few cigs in a pack in a draw in the house made things easier when quitting. Obviously not to smoke, but just to know they were there took some stress away (some sort of mind play). Dont let so called mates or family members give you shit for vaping... mine sure did. It gets easier... good luck with it all and there are plenty of peeps here to assist you with any queries.

5. Taufiqur

Taufiqur New Member

There a couple that have a champion ruby vibe but buy a few different things and then you'll see it's much more interesting. I found bakery and deserts were my thing

Buy three or four completely different flavors and then the tobacco chase becomes sort of irrelevant.

6. heemhe

heemhe New Member

Subtank mini may not be a good option for a 1st timer.
    A high PG is also a better option for a non subohm coil rather than subohming.
    Hope it works for you, but i would have recommended above ohms if you want to vape the way you smoke.

7. Damon A

Damon A New Member

Thanks heaps peeps, just out of curiousity, what's non subohm and subohming?

8. maybe_baby

maybe_baby New Member

Thanks Hank, will do... I'm going to look for a caramel or some type of sweet tasting flavour. Even a vanilla, caramel, honey, nut type vape juice. RY4 looks nice but some up and down reviews from different suppliers so I will have to be carful where I get it from.

As for fruits and beverage type juices my taste buds are telling me no becomse all I used to drink was iced coffee (dairy) - addiction I think but can be stopped. Well has of about two months ago I stopped all iced coffee drinks and on the water (flavoured)

I I'll keep you posted on my progress and purchases.

Ease let me know if bad moves or good moves.

9. cumu2me4fun

cumu2me4fun New Member

Hi captain, I think my brain is set on 'Tabacco' due to the addiction of missing out on the smokes. I'll wait for my pre vape package to turn up today and my scenes may change. My wife smokes so smoke will be available if really needed but hopefully not.

10. IceBeezy

IceBeezy New Member

11. dilinger225

dilinger225 New Member

So many better flavours
    Vaping for the misses next ?

12. StiniuttyTat

StiniuttyTat New Member

Still trying to convince the mrs ;) I actually got my package today and stuffed
    Up my order ;( got a pre-vape kit and got an ego thread tank. Kanger KBox + Protank 3 (ego thread) don't fit...!!!! Another week before I get to vape.

What would you recommend as a good quality battery and tank combination?

13. Jushkie

Jushkie New Member

You can get 510 to EGO adapters but won't look nice.
    Kanger KBox has only preset wattages meaning for mouth to lung you will only have 2 options of either 8w or 13w and nothing in between [20w preset would be too high for MTL]
    The istick 30w and a comtilus is a good combo for a beginner as the istick 30w has a built in battery.
    I presume you already bought some 18650 batteries for your Kbox and if that is the case, then the EVIC VTC Mini is a good mod with upgradable firmware.
    Triton v2 tank with a box of 1.8ohm heads for the tank.

14. anushriygomadam

anushriygomadam New Member

Just an update, my Kangertech KBOX starter and juice arrived. Been running a 1.5 coil @ 14watts. Started with RY4 and Vanilla Tobacco. Love the taste and throat hit. I have the air flow set to the smallest although every now and again I'll knock up the air flow for a big cloud. All in all I like it. I have an evic tVC 75w in the mail and will switch between the two.

No smokes for two days :) not even the urge to have one.

15. windowsxp02

windowsxp02 New Member

Congrats.........

16. creed_86

creed_86 New Member

Just one more, I have a few juices I want to try but don't want to have to keep cleaning the tanks and coils . What do you do to change juice? Run 5 tanks? Or look for a fav and use that?

17. bleatiept

bleatiept New Member

My process is not to devote good tanks unless you like the flavour

1 smell...... If you don't like the smell you won't vape it
    2 simple taste. Add a few drops in a teaspoon of water. Good approximating of the taste
    3 try a few drops in a dripper or a dripping Atomizer that you can rinse out or rewick

Then have some small tanks or clearos. Use it for a week and see if you still like

Vape it in your good tanks.

No point spending more money than you need to

18. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

And bang, topped up my tank and tasteless!!!!! Wtf surely I don't have vape tongue??? The juice smells the same but the taste is not there.

19. b0ypoor001

b0ypoor001 New Member

Could be something simple. Did you eat or drink anything salty or of a taste that negates your eliquid flavour.

Try rinsing your mouth with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water. The sour of the vinegar resets tastebuds.

20. cantcu

cantcu New Member

I had a crispy cream donut within the last few hours. Just did the apple cider vinegar. I just loaded a tank of dr pepper and tastes ok. My other juice I was vaping still tastes plain. I will rinse and repeat for a couple days with cider vinegar and see how that goes.