Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Geekvape baron rda review

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Dec 27, 2018.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    I received baron rda from Geekvape for the purpose of this review.

Baron rda comes in few different colors:

- Gunmetal
    - Stainless steel
    - Black
    - Gold
    - Rainbow
    - Violet
    - Blue

[​IMG]

Specification:

- Height: 28.8mm with drip tip, 21.8 without drip tip
    - Diameter: 24mm
    - 6mm Deep Juice Well

In the box:

- Baron rda
    - User manual
    - Spare parts
    - Tools
    - Coils
    - Cotton
    - One more 810 drip tip
    - 510 drip tip adapter

[​IMG]

Baron rda by Geekvape comes in 7 different beautiful colors and I have the atomizer in stainless steel color. The design of this rda is very nice, I personally like how it looks. Build quality is good as I expected from Geekvape, we have here protruding 510 gold plated pin and threads here are good. We can also so see some interesting engravings on the top of the cap and on the middle of the rda we can see engraved "Baron". Form the bottom of the rda you can see engraved "Baron" and "Designed by Geekvape", also here is serial number. Package is very nice, we have two coils and cotton in the package which is very good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drip tip:

Baron rda comes with red drip tip pre installed, this is 810 drip tip without o ring, o ring is placed in the top cap, so you can use here any other 810 drip tip if you want. Personally I like this drip and I like to use this drip tip. Height of this drip tip is 7mm, inner diameter is 12mm. In the package you will also receive one more 810 drip tip, height of this drip tip is 8mm, inner diameter of this drip tip is 13mm, this one is very comfortable for using and it is even more comfortable than first one but still I prefer first one because it looks very nice to me. In the package you will receive adapter for 510 drip tip as well so you can use your own 510 drip tip if you want.

[​IMG]

Top cap and inner cap:

On the top cap you can see 8 airflow slots, we have 4 slots on each side and in order to adjust the airflow you need to spin the top cap. What you adjust on one side it will be the same on the other side and we have a stopper here which is a huge pro for me. Top cap has conical shape which will improve the flavor on this rda and also from the inside you can see two notches that locks the top cap.
    When you take off the top cap you can see the inner cap that stands on the base and you can see notches on the inner cap to keep the cap in the place. On the inner cap we have different airflow slots, so, we have two options for airflow on this rda. We have slots that are the same as the slots on the top cap and we have honeycomb airflow slots. With first option we have 4 slots on each side and dimensions of each slot are 5mm x 1.5mm and for the second option we have 12 holes on each side of the cap, one hole is 1.5mm in diameter. Adjusting the airflow is easy on this rda and there is no any problem with adjusting, everythnig works just fine. With this rda if you want you can even take of the inner cap and use rda like that but perosonally I like to use rda with inner cap because with inner cap improves flavor as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Base and build deck:

On the base you can see two o rings that holds the top cap, also on the base you can see two slots to lock the top cap and inner cap. In the juice well you can see engraved "Baron" and you can see engraved "Geek vape".
    On the build deck we can see two posts, so basically two coil leads will share the same post. Basically it is not hard to place the coils here, but if you have no experience with this kinda build I will tell you how I like to place coils on this build deck. Personally I like to clip the coil leads and then to place the coils and tight the screws down, it is easier that way to me and I think it will be easier for you as well, once again it is not that hard to place the coils, just make sure to clip the leads and it will be way easier for you. Screws here are good, when you tight the screws, screws will lock the leads without any problems. In the middle you can see the channels that helps with dripping, because when you drip from the top liquid will go on the both parts of the juice well easily.
    In the package you will receive two coils and some cotton which is big plus in my opinion because if you don't have coils you still can use the rda. Coils are the same and coil is 3mm in diameter and resistance of both coils is 0.13ohm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

In the package with this rda you will receive regular 510 pin so you can use it with regular mods and you will also receive squonk pin so you can use it with squonk mods.
    Baron rda works very fine with regular pin because you can drip through the drip tip easily and as I said liquid will go on the both parts of the well because of the design. Also you don't have to worry about leaking because of the airflow holes and if you don't over drip it will not leak.
    It also works good with bf pin, on the both parts of the juice well you can see the holes where e liquid will come in the juice well and, also if you don't over squonk there will be no leaking for sure, so this is a pro for sure.
    Airflow on the baron rda is very good considering that we have two options, with vertical slots there is a lot of airflow and you can use this rda at high power without any problems , but top cap can get hot at high powers which is normal with rda's but drip tip not getting hot which is very good.
    With honeycomb airflow slots, airflow is little bit more restrictive so you can choose this one for lower powers, but still of course you can use honeycomb slots for higher power because when it is fully open there is still a lot of airflow. Flavor is very good and in my opinion flavor is better with honeycomb airflow because it is a little bit more restrictive. Personally I like to use honeycomb airflow slots with 3 holes closed on each side and that way flavor is best in my opinion. After 10 days of using I'm still happy with this rda, I like the fact that with airflow cap I can choose between cloud chasing atomizer and atomizer with amazing flavor.

Cons:

- Top cap can get hot when you chain vape at high power but still drip tip is not hot and you can keep vaping

Pros:

- Two drip tips
    - Nice design
    - Coils and cotton in the package
    - Inner cap and two different airflow options
    - Very smooth airflow, especially with honeycomb slots
    - Perfect for cloud chasing
    - Good flavor
    - It will not leak if you use it as you should
    - Build quality is good
    - We have a stopper which I personally like

You can get it here: Baron rda